No Where Left To Run

More Magic

“Stefan I’ve never cast the day-walking spell, how do I know if I can even make the spell work?” I said to Stefan after he asked me to place the day-walking spell on a ring for Caroline because Katherine killed her while she still had Damon’s blood in her system; which ended up with her turning into a vampire and Stefan was the one that was looking after her.

“Paige you can make a vampire drop with a single look, I’m sure you can find the spell in Sarah’s book” Stefan said to me softly as we were sitting in Mystic Grill with Jeremy but I was wondered about giving Caroline a ring because I didn’t want her to lose control and hurt someone; I knew that I’d be able to make the spell work and I knew that Stefan also knew this but I couldn’t help but still worry about her.

“What if she kills someone again? Bonnie told us what happened at the carnival, and you sure you have everything with her under control?” I asked him as I sat beside Jeremy and he was the only reason that I came out of my house today because I was fine with staying inside all day; but Jeremy brought me out to try to help me which was sweet of him and I must admit that it was starting to slowly help.

“She won’t lose control like that again, I do have everything under control so you don’t have to worry about that” Stefan reassured me quickly and I knew that he was telling me the truth because I knew that he wouldn’t lie to me about someone like this; I let a soft sigh escape from my lips as I leaned back into my chair causing Jeremy to wrap his arm around my shoulders.

“Why does Paige have to do this? Can’t you ask Bonnie? You know what she’s going through right now Stefan, I don’t want her pushing herself or doing something she’s not ready to do” Jeremy said to Stefan in my defence not that I needed it but I knew Jeremy would be thinking about my fragile state; I reached over to take his hand in my mine so I could give his hand a squeeze to tell him that it was alright.

“No Jeremy it’s okay, it’s the right thing to do and I’ll do the spell Stefan. Just give me the ring and I’ll go over to see Caroline, but if she does end up hurting someone then I’m taking the spell off” I said to him as Jeremy entwined his fingers with mine and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb; Stefan and I organised to be at Caroline’s house after lunch which was good because Jeremy wasn’t going to let me finish our date early just for a spell.

“I understand that and thank you Paige, we need to keep everyone around Caroline so she can hold onto her humanity” Stefan said to me with a small smile on his face as he stood up and left us alone which I knew Jeremy liked; but both Stefan and I were on edge because Elena, Alaric, Everleigh and Damon went to Duke to look through Isobel’s research and neither Elena nor Everleigh had forgiven Damon for hurting Jeremy.

Caroline’s House

“So I can’t even pick out the ring that I’m going to wear for the rest of my life?” Caroline asked me as she sat on her bed and held the ring in her hand; I looked over at Stefan who was sitting in a chair beside Caroline’s bed while I stood in front of the window which had the curtains closed and I was here alone as I didn’t want to risk Jeremy getting hurt again.

“If you want to be stuck in the dark for the rest of your life then keep talking Caroline, because I don’t have to do this for you” I said to her sternly as I was starting to get tired of people pitying themselves; she was lucky that she just got turned and hasn’t been dealing with being different all of her life but that wasn’t the only thing that was bothering me, I felt different when I used magic now because my Grandma wasn’t here to help me if I needed it.

“No, no she wants it and I’ve already explained to her the rules, which she understands completely” Stefan said as he jumped in before Caroline could say anything else that would change my mind about performing this spell; he would have than asked Bonnie but even she knows that she’s not a powerful as I am although she is getting there.

“Put the ring on the bed” I told her before I opened the curtain slightly so that the sun was shining on the ring which made Caroline shift backwards a little bit; I focused my eyes on the ring before I closed them for a few seconds as I performed the spell before I opened my eyes once I was done, I picked the ring up and handed it to Caroline to put on.

“You’re finished? That’s it? Now I can go into the sun without getting burnt… are you sure because nothing happened. No flickering lights, no gusts of wind, have you even done this before?” Caroline asked me as she placed the ring onto her finger as Stefan warned her but it was too late because she’d already said it; I turned around and grabbed onto the curtain before I pulled the curtain back to let the sunlight fill the room.

“It worked and if you ever question my ability again, I won’t be so nice about it. She’s all yours Stefan” I said as I picked up my great Grandma Sarah’s spell book before I walked out of the room and out of the house; I felt like I shouldn’t be using my magic because Grandma was the one who taught me everything I know and I couldn’t even save her when she needed it.

“Hey Everleigh, what’s up?” I asked my best friend once I had answered my phone as she was calling me which was good because I wanted updates on what they had found; I also wanted to know how she and Elena were going with being around Damon all day but I knew they’d be fine because I could tell Everleigh was starting to forgive him while Elena and I weren’t even close to forgiving him yet.

“We’ve found something out that is going to change a lot of things Paige, we know why the device affected the Lockwood’s. They have the werewolf gene and a werewolf can kill a vampire with a single bite” Everleigh told me seriously which shocked me because I didn’t even know werewolves existed but if witches and vampires are real then so can werewolves; Damon was right about something being off with Mason Lockwood and now we knew what that was, he was a werewolf.

“Right well I’m sure Elena will call Stefan and he’ll tell Caroline, just be careful Leigh and watch out for yourself” I said to her as I walked into our house before I hung up my phone as we said our goodbyes and I placed the spell book back on the bookshelf; I sat beside Jeremy on the couch in the living room as he was playing one of Everleigh’s video games while he waited for me.

“Hey did everything go alright? What’s happened Paige?” Jeremy asked me as he paused the game he was playing and wrapped his arm around my body as he looked at me so he instantly saw the worry on my face; I knew I should be the one to tell him because Elena wasn’t back yet and I could probably explain it better to him seeing as I knew more about the supernatural world.

I leaned into his body and inhaled a deep breath before I started telling him about what he missed while he was waiting for me; I started with telling him about doing the spell and how I felt when I used my magic which I knew I had to tell him them and not keep it to myself, then I told him about the werewolf gene and how we’re pretty sure it runs through the Lockwood family which shocked him just as much as it shocked me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!