No Where Left To Run

History Project

“I’ve been watching Anna for a few days and although she’s pretty good at hiding her tracks, I’m even better at working out what she’s here for. We all know that her mother Pearl is locked in the tomb, that’s the reason she’s back and so interested in Jeremy” Damon told us as he, Stefan, Elena, Everleigh and I stood in the living room of my Grandma’s house while she was out back with Jeremy who was mowing the lawn.

“Wait I don’t understand how Jeremy is involved in this? He doesn’t know anything and it’s going to stay that way” Elena told us quickly as she stood beside Stefan causing him to rub her back in comfort; I was standing beside Everleigh while Damon stood by himself because Everleigh still had a grudge against him.

“I didn’t say that Jeremy would find out anything, but I did work out that Anna wants Jonathon Gilbert’s journal which Jeremy has” Damon explained to us and I instantly knew why Anna wanted that journal; Jeremy let me have a look through it once in Math class and I saw there was information about the tomb and how to open it, which meant Anna couldn’t get her hands on it or else we’d have a big problem.

“I warned you all about her the first time I saw her, I don’t even know her and yet I knew she was going to be bad news. If she gets her hands on the journal and opens that tomb, then we’re going to have a fight on our hands” Everleigh said as she crossed her arms over her chest because she did warn us but no one did anything; not being listened to when she knew what she was talking about was one of the things that she hated the most.

“And we should have listened to you. She can get the journal but there’s a spell to open the tomb, which means she has to find a witch to perform the spell” I told everyone which wasn’t good news for Everleigh; there was only Bonnie and I close which means Anna will try to get a hold of one of us and Everleigh knew that she’d have to watch Anna closer now.

“Okay well I’ll explain all of this to Bonnie so she knows what’s going on, but as long as you both say no then the tomb can’t be opened. Right?” Elena asked us as concern came through her voice as she glanced out the window at Jeremy; I could see in her eyes that she knew it wasn’t going to be that easy.

“It’s going to be harder than that Elena, Anna’s smart and she’s been watching us all. She could use you to get to Bonnie or Everleigh to get to Paige, and trust me she will play dirty if she has to” Stefan told Elena as he glanced over at me like he knew what was going through my head; if Anna used Everleigh to get to me then I would probably end up helping her.

“But if Anna got to you Leigh, couldn’t you get away from her? You are a vampire as well so you could fight her or something?” Elena asked as she leaned into Stefan’s side the more worried she became; I hated making her worry like this but she told us to tell her what was happening and this was happening now.

“I most likely would get into a fight with her but sadly she’s a few years older than me, which means that she’s a tiny bit faster and stronger than I am. So there’s a chance I could lose a fight with her” Everleigh admitted to us which I knew was hard for her because she hated it when she meets an older vampire; and saying that in front of Damon didn’t make it any easier on her because knowing him he’d probably end up teasing her, even though Anna is older than him too.

“How about we just deal with it if it happens? Besides Stefan is nearly always with Elena and the same goes for me and Leigh, if Anna tries anything then she will have a fight on her hands. I don’t see her hurting Jeremy after all she does need to use him, we just have to watch her and be as prepared as we can be” I said to them before we all went quiet when Grandma Emma and Jeremy walked back inside; of course Grandma knew what was going on because she could sense when someone wasn’t human so she made Everleigh tell her all about Anna.

“Don’t stop talking on our account, now who would like a drink and some lunch?” Grandma asked us knowing that only three of us would actually say yes; she gave Damon and Stefan a smile so they’d know they could refuse without getting glared at because she hated it when she couldn’t care for her family and friends of the family.

“We would love to stay, but Stefan and I have some work that needs to be done at home. Thank you for the offer though Ms Montgomery, maybe another time” Damon said to her politely which was a change for him but he knew what Grandma Emma could do to him if he was rude to her or her family; although she did agree with me as we both knew Damon and Everleigh where meant to be together.

“Alright then, let’s get this barbeque going then” Grandma said while Damon and Stefan left to go work on keeping the tomb shut; Grandma handed Jeremy the meat to cook on the barbeque while Everleigh set the table and I made the salads with Elena’s help.

“Paige, are you sure we’d be able to stop Anna if she did try anything? Stefan has told me about the tomb, and that Katherine is in there as well as other vampires. He said the spells will be hard to remove” Elena asked me as we stood in the kitchen alone as Grandma was out on the back deck with Everleigh and Jeremy; I knew she was going to ask me about the tomb because I’ve been doing a lot of research about it lately.

“We’ll do everything we can to stop Anna but she is the oldest vampire around here, it might be a bit harder to stop her but that doesn’t mean we can’t. There are two spells, one for opening the tomb and one for letting the vampires out. There are both hard on the witch who performs them, but they can be lifted” I told her honestly because the last thing she needed right now was me sugar-coating it; she knew what she was getting herself into and yet she continued to stick by us.

“What if Anna decides that it would be easier to find another witch and bring her here? Then it would be harder for us to stop her from opening the tomb” Elena asked me as she poured dressing over our salads before she started to mix her salad through; honestly I hadn’t thought of that because it would just cause Anna more trouble as witches didn’t trust a lot of vampires.

“I doubt Anna would do that, unless she knows a witch then she won’t go find one. We don’t trust many vampires, just like they don’t trust many witches and it’s always been like that” I reassured her as I mixed the salad in the bowl before I gave Elena a smile and walked with her out back; I placed the salads on the table before my Grandma gave me a shove over to Jeremy who was busy cooking on the barbeque, Grandma gave me a wink because she was the biggest match maker I knew but she just wanted Everleigh and I happy.

“Hey, everything alright? You all seemed a bit tense before, anything I can help with?” Jeremy asked me as I stood beside him at the barbeque as he turned the burger patties over; I gave him a smile as I looked up at him and saw that he was already looking at me which is when I noticed the worry in his deep brown eyes.

“Everything is fine so you don’t have to worry about anything, Damon was just being a smart ass to Leigh again” I told him which wasn’t a complete lie because Damon is always getting under Everleigh’s skin so it’s always tense around them; but I wasn’t the best at lying or keeping things from people which Jeremy picked up on very quickly.

“Okay then. I was wondering if someone could join us for history project? I’ve worked it out so we all do the same amount of work, it would also help us to have Anna in our group” Jeremy asked me a little shyly because he knew Anna and I didn’t get along that well; I glanced over at Everleigh who was standing with Elena but she was looking at me as she heard what Jeremy asked and gave me a small nod.

“Yeah sure, that’s fine with me. We could also do with the extra help and this could be the opportunity for us to get to know each other, it will be great” I said to him with a smile so he hopefully wouldn’t notice how much I hated this idea; of course everyone else would like this plan because I’d get to watch Anna more but I honestly didn’t want to be anywhere near her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige Outfit

Please Comment!