No Where Left To Run

Know Thy Enemy

“Don’t look at him Paige, just pretend that he’s not here. I’m right here for you” Jeremy whispered soothingly into my ear as we walked into the Martin’s apartment with Damon and Everleigh; Luka’s burned body was still laying in the living room and I’ve never actually seen a dead body before so it was a shock to my system.

“Let’s pack up the grimoires, they spent years collecting them and I want to keep them with me now” I said to Everleigh as I knew her and Damon could take all these grimoires over to my house quicker than Jeremy and I; I didn’t like being in this apartment but I knew that I had to find the spell that Jonas told me about last night.

“You know, we could just get another match and cremate him. Alright I’ll bury him instead” Damon said getting smacked on the arm by Everleigh when he was being disrespectful; I chose to ignore Damon which wasn’t all that hard anymore because I got used to him and the things he says.

“What exactly are we looking for? I’m not looking forward to having to search through all of these grimoires” Jeremy said as he rubbed my back gently as he knew that I didn’t want to be in here any longer than I had to; Jonas scared me because he was so powerful but he trusted me with the one thing he was trying to do.

“One of these contains a spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently, if I can find the spot in town where the old Salem witches were burned. I can harness their energy to use when I need it” I explained to them as I stepped forward before I closed my eyes and held my hands out to the bookcase; within a second a book flew out of its spot and landed on the table open with the spell on a piece of paper.

“Great, we'll have to put that on our list of things to do today. Harness ancient dead-witch power” Damon said as he started to grab the grimoires and put them in a bag with Everleigh doing the same; I turned my attention onto Damon because no one knew where the Salem witches had been burnt unless he just wasn’t telling us.

“You know where the witches were burned? And you’re just telling me this now” I said to Damon who just gave me a smile and shrugged his shoulders; I knew he hadn’t told anyone but probably Stefan because they didn’t want Katherine to know.

An Abandoned House

“Are you sure this is the right place?” Jeremy asked as the four of us walked through the woods until we found the old abandoned house where the Salem witches were burned; Damon nodded as we walked into the house and I could instantly feel the presence of all the witches that died there.

“Whatever witchy prank you're playing, don't. It's not funny Paige, stop it now” Damon said as he looked at me when he suddenly couldn’t move and the sun was starting to burn him but Everleigh was just fine; and I wasn’t actually doing anything to Damon this time.

“I’m not doing anything Damon, it’s the witches” I said to him softly before I concentrated and closed my eyes which let Damon move again; he quickly moved out of the sun even though his ring was working again.

“I think I’m just going to wait outside” Damon said as he walked outside and told me to hurry up before Sarah slammed the door in his face; I smiled to myself as I took the grimoire from Jeremy when we all suddenly heard voices that were whispering.

“Is that the spirits of the witches that died here?” Everleigh asked me softly as I nodded to her before I started walking through the house causing Everleigh and Jeremy to follow me; I walked into the basement as I felt like I needed to go down there although it was a bit creepy.

“Here, this is the place. Help me set up the candles” I said as I pulled some candles out of the bag that Jeremy was carrying and handed some to him before I placed them around in a circle; but the whispers from the spirits were getting louder.

“What they hell are they saying Paige? What is it?” Jeremy asked as he put his candles down on the ground before looking at me as I closed my eyes and concentrated on what they were telling me; once I opened my eyes I saw Jeremy standing in front of me with worry written all over his face.

“It’s nothing Jer, they’re ready” I said to him as Everleigh stood by my side in worry as all the candles suddenly lit themselves; I felt pain shoot through my head causing me to hold my head with my hands as I screamed out but before Jeremy and Everleigh could help me, they were thrown through the air and into the wall.

“Paige!” Everleigh yelled out as she tried her hardest to run over to me but the spirits were pinning both her and Jeremy against the wall; I screamed as the pain increased causing tears to fall down my cheeks and I couldn’t handle the pain anymore.

“Paige! Baby are you okay? What did they do to you?” Jeremy said as the whispering stopped and I stopped screaming as the pain vanished; Jeremy wrapped his arms around me tightly as Everleigh wiped the tears from my eyes as I calmed down.

“I did it, I actually did it Leigh” I said softly as I leaned into my boyfriend as he held me to him protectively; I didn’t know if I’d be able to handle the power but it felt really good which is what Everleigh told me because she knew that I’d be fine.

Gilbert House

“Jeremy I told you not to worry about that” I said to him as I walked into his bedroom with a glass of water only to see Jeremy was reading the grimoire; I knew exactly what he had read which is why I tried to keep it away from him.

“A warning Paige, that's all you felt like telling me? This is some kind of warning, it says if you use too much of your powers at once it'll kill you. How much would it take to kill an Original?” Jeremy said to me as he closed the grimoire and stood up from his bed as he looked at me; I knew he was going to be angry when he found out but I couldn’t tell him.

“All of it, but do you think I was born with these powers so I could float feathers and blow out candles? There's a reason I was called to do this” I said as I looked up at him and took his hand in mine to try to keep him calm; I knew that he wasn’t going to understand why I was going to do this but neither was Everleigh or Elena.

“No I’m not going to let you do this, no one’s called to get themselves killed. Everleigh and Elena aren’t going to sit back and let you do this” Jeremy said to me as a frown formed between his eyebrows and I knew this wasn’t going to end that well; if Elena was willing to endanger herself for her family and friends then so could I.

“It's not just for Elena or Everleigh, Jeremy. It's for you, it's for everyone. If I am the only one who can put an end to this, then it'll be my decision and no one else's. Mine” I said to him as I pulled my hand away from his as I took the grimoire off his bed and walked out of his room; I left him standing there as I walked out of the house before I headed back home which I hated because I didn’t want to leave it like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!