No Where Left To Run

As I Lay Dying

“You brought me to watch a girl movie? I think I’m going to pass Elena” Jeremy said as Elena placed a blanket on the ground because a screening of Gone With The Wind was playing at Mystic Falls’ square; as Jeremy turned around he came face to face with me as I was joining them and make sure that Jeremy didn’t leave.

“You’re not going to pass Jer, you’re going to sit down and enjoy this movie with us. We had to get you out of the house” I said to him with a smile on my face because I knew he’d stay if I was there which is why Elena asked me to come; I sat down on the blanket beside Elena before I reached up for Jeremy’s hand and pulled him down beside me.

“We need to do this, okay? Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up and do it all over again until one day when it's just not as hard anymore” Elena said to Jeremy as Caroline walked over to us carrying a picnic basket because we asked her to bring the food; her Mom and Matt both knew that he was a vampire now so she needed some time with her friends as well.

“Hey there you guys are, who’s hungry?” Caroline said smiling as she sat down beside Jeremy as he wrapped his arm around my waist causing me to lean into him; Caroline opened the basket and started setting all the food that she brought out onto the blanket as the movie started playing.

I cuddled up with Jeremy as he held me protectively in his arms as Stefan came to talk with Elena which is when Caroline overheard them talking; when Tyler had been turning into a werewolf he bit Damon on the arm which is why Everleigh had been so scared and worried lately because Damon was going to die.

“Alaric hey, what’s going on?” Jeremy asked as he answered his phone and captured Bonnie, Caroline and my attention; Bonnie had taken Stefan to the abandoned house to see if the witches would help but they didn’t like Stefan being there but one did say a name, Klaus.

“Tell me you're with Elena, Damon just escaped. I think he's looking for her, and the cops are after him. Listen he's in bad shape, Jeremy so if you find her just get her somewhere safe. I'm on my way” Alaric told Jeremy after he said that Elena had gone to see Damon which wasn’t the news we were hoping to hear; so much for trying to have a normal day without any drama.

“If Damon is off the rails, there is nothing you can do to stop him. Let us take care of it” Caroline said as she stood up with Bonnie and I but Jeremy stood up with us; I knew he wasn’t going to stay out of it this time.

“You keep doing this, you left me behind before and guess what Jenna still died. Now I'm going to find my sister, you go ahead and you try to stop me” Jeremy said to all of us as a frown formed between his eyebrows; I gave Caroline a small nod causing her to leave with Bonnie as I’d stay with Jeremy and try to find his sister.

We walked around the square before we saw Damon who looked horrible and was staring at nothing; we walked over to him quickly as Jeremy helped him stand and I wanted to call Everleigh but I didn’t have time because Damon was having flashbacks to Katherine.

“Where’s Elena? I want to see her and apologize” Damon said to us before we helped him walk because a sick vampire around all these people wasn’t a good idea; we took him into the Mystic Grill because no one was in there today so we’d be safe if Damon got worse.

“Sheriff Forbes no don’t shoot! Please! No! Jeremy!” I screamed when Liz shot her gun at Damon who was standing in front of Jeremy but Damon moved at the last second; I watched as Jeremy was hit in the chest with the bullet and fell to the ground as Damon left the Grill, tears ran down my cheeks as I kneeled down and placed Jeremy’s head on my lap.

“Oh god… I've got a gunshot victim at The Grill, get the paramedics here now!” Liz said into her radio as she kneeled down on the other side of my dying boyfriend; I held Jeremy as close to me as possible as I applied pressure on his wound with my hand to try and slow the bleeding.

“It’s fine, you’re going to be alright Jer… Alaric! I need you to grab him, take him with us” I said as Alaric walked into the Grill with Caroline and Bonnie; I knew Caroline would help with making her Mom let me take Jeremy away.

“No you can't move him, this is a crime scene Paige” Liz said to me as Alaric ran over to us and lifted Jeremy’s dead body into his arms as I stood up as well; my hands were shaking and were covered in Jeremy’s blood but I just needed to focus on him now.

“Mom, you let them go” Caroline said quite firmly as Alaric carried Jeremy’s body out to his car before we sped off towards the abandoned house so I could have the spirits help me; Alaric laid Jeremy’s body down in the basement as I placed Jeremy’s head on my lap.

I place my hands on either side of Jeremy’s head as I close my eyes and start the spell but I could feel the witches hesitate; whispering begins again but it’s only soft this time as they warn me about this spell but they were willing to help me because I hadn’t done anything wrong by them.

“What are they saying? Paige, what’s happening?” Alaric asked me as I finished the spell but Jeremy didn’t wake up; more tears fell down my cheeks as my heart started to slowly break into pieces as I looked up at the ceiling of the room.

“They said there'll be consequences… please Sarah! You have to help me, you have to bring him back to me! Please! I love him!” I cried out before I started performing the spell again but I didn’t stop not even when my nose started to bleed; I heard Alaric saying my name in worry as he watched me but I needed Jeremy to come back to me.

“Paige?” Jeremy said as he opened his eyes and jumped back slightly because he wasn’t at the Grill anymore but he relaxed when he saw Alaric was there; I wiped my nose quickly as I tightened my arms around him before looking up at the ceiling and thanking the witches.

Gilbert House

I was laying with Jeremy on his bed after just having gotten off the phone with Everleigh as she updated us on how Damon was doing; Katherine had brought over some of Klaus’ blood which was the cure for a werewolf bite and Stefan had sacrificed everything for Damon as Klaus was making Stefan leave Mystic Falls with him.

“Paige… I have no idea how I can thank you for what you do for me today” Jeremy said to me softly as he gently pulled me into his arms while he pulled the blanket over us both; Everleigh was staying with Damon and I wanted to stay with Jeremy because we both nearly lost the love of our lives.

“You don’t have to thank me Jeremy, I would save everyday if I had to. I love you so much” I said to him as I rested my head on his chest and draped my arm over his stomach; I didn’t want him to thank me because I did what I would have done for anyone close to me.

“I love you even more and you’re not going to argue with me this time” Jeremy said smiling as he leaned down and kissed me lovingly which I instantly returned; Alaric came upstairs to grab a blanket and pillow as he told us he would sleep on the couch tonight.

I moved as close as I could to Jeremy as he turned his lamp off that was on the bedside table so we could get some sleep; we both needed sleep but especially me because I felt so drained after using so much powerful magic all this week so I was quickly fast asleep in a deep sleep.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!
I want to thank everyone who reads this story and the ones that comment on this story, it means the world to me that you take time out of your lives to read my story so thank you from the bottom of my heart.