No Where Left To Run

Science Essay

“Paige, we talked about this last night. You will be fine as long as you act normal around Anna, which means no glaring or saying anything rude to her. Elena and Stefan will be there with you, while Damon and I will be somewhere close listening in” Everleigh reassured me once again as we stood at our lockers and put our books away as school finished; I had to go over to Jeremy’s house with Anna so we could do our science essay.

“I know that Leigh and I promise that I won’t do anything, I just don’t want anything to happen to Jeremy. He’s already starting to figure out that something is going on” I said to her softly as we closed our locker doors when we noticed Jeremy and Anna walking over towards us; I let a sigh escape from between my lips as I placed my bag on my shoulder causing Everleigh to give me an apologetic smile.

“Hey Paige, are you ready to go? The sooner we finish this essay the better” Jeremy said to me with a smile as Everleigh made sure she gave Anna a very stern glare; which Jeremy thankfully didn’t see because he was still looking at me which was good as I wasn’t planning on explaining to him why no one but him liked Anna.

“Yeah I’m ready, let’s go. I’ll see you at home Leigh” I said as I gave Jeremy a smile before I looked at Everleigh who gave me a slight nod; I walked out of the front doors of the school with Jeremy and Anna as we started the walk to Jeremy’s house, I glanced over to Elena and Stefan who were walking over to the student car lot and I noticed Elena wasn’t looking too happy either which is understandable as Anna was a vampire and around her brother.

The three of us walked in an uncomfortable silence which was only uncomfortable because Anna and I were around each other; I hated that Jeremy had to be in the middle of this and I knew he’d be able to feel the thick tension in the air as we walked to his house, if it was just me and him then I would have been fine but then Anna came along and ruined it.

“Can I get you two something to eat or drink?” Jeremy asked us both as he unlocked the front door of his house and stepped inside before holding the door open for us; I smiled at him as I walked into the house before I glanced back at Anna who couldn’t come in because she hadn’t been invited in yet, which sucked for her but I found it very amusing.

“Um… my mother taught me to only enter a house when I’m invited inside” She explained to Jeremy who was looking very confused but of course he just shrugged it off and invited her inside; I couldn’t help the smirk form on my lips as that made Anna sweat which only caused her to send me a dark glare.

“Yeah I’d love something to eat, I’ll give you a hand. What about you Anna? Are you hungry?” I said as I placed my bag on a chair at the dining room table before I followed Jeremy into the kitchen; I could feel Anna’s cold eyes burning into my back but I didn’t care because she wouldn’t do anything to me when Jeremy was around.

“No I’m fine thanks, I had a big lunch. How about I start doing some research and you two can join me when you’re finished” Anna said to us as she sat at the dining table and pulled her laptop out of her bag before turning it on to do research; I moved around Jeremy who was looking inside the fridge for something to eat and I grabbed two sodas for us.

“That sounds good Anna, thanks. Alright so we can have some left over cake that Elena baked yesterday” Jeremy said with a smile as he grabbed the cake and placed it on the counter because he knew any chocolate cake was my weakness; I opened a draw and pulled out two forks before handing one to him.

“I love the way you think Jer and I’ll have to thank Elena later, because this cake is delicious” I said as I looked at him after I swallowed the mouthful of cake that I had; if Jeremy wasn’t here then I would most likely sit down and eat all the left over cake because it was just like Grandma’s cakes that she bakes me when I’m upset.

“Oh you have a bit of frosting right there” Jeremy said to me with a chuckle as he gently wiped frosting from my bottom lip with his thumb; I swear I felt a shock when his skin touched mine which has never happened before and I wasn’t sure if I liked it or if I liked him giving me butterflies.

“Thank you Jer” I said to him softly as I looked up at him causing my eyes to lock onto his deep dark brown eyes and it was like I could see everything he’s been through in them; but I could also feel him reading me like a book which wasn’t a good thing because I wasn’t ready for him or for anyone to find out about my past.

“Hey guys, everything alright in here? Need any help with the essay?” I pulled back from Jeremy as soon as I heard Stefan’s voice and I looked over at Anna only to see her eyes had turned black; which meant she either smelt blood or she was angry and I knew that she was angry, she was angry at me but she quickly calmed herself down.

“We’re fine Stefan and thank you but we’ve got this essay covered” I said to him as I turned my eyes onto him and I knew he was here because he somehow knew about Anna’s anger getting too much for her; I gave him a small smile to let him know that Jeremy and I were fine so he didn’t have to worry.

“Right, well if you do then just ask okay? I’d be happy to help you three out” Stefan said to us nicely before he walked back upstairs to Elena’s bedroom which probably now held Everleigh and maybe Damon; but I pushed that thought to the back of my head as Jeremy put the cake away and I took a seat at the dining table.

2 Hours Later

“Finally we’ve finished, I’ve never been so grateful for finishing an essay before but that one was tough. I’ll go put this in my bag, I won’t be long” Jeremy said to us as he stood up from the table and walked upstairs to his bedroom with our finished essay in his hands; I stood up as well so I could start packing my bag up but as soon as Jeremy was gone I was pushed up against the wall by Anna.

“Stop trying to get between Jeremy and I Paige, I really don’t want to hurt you but I will if you ruin my plan. All I want is that damn journal but if you get in my way then I’m going to make you pay” Anna threatened me as she pinned me against the wall and glared at me with her black eyes which I wasn’t scared of because I’ve seen Everleigh’s eyes change like that many times; I glared at her back causing her to instantly let go of me as she doubted over in pain which was one of my powers.

“If you do anything to hurt Jeremy or anyone that I care about, then it will be you who has to pay. If I were you then I’d pack up my belongings and leave Mystic Falls, you shouldn’t even be here because we won’t be opening the tomb” I warned her as I watched her struggle silently with the pain that I had filled her body with; I didn’t even feel bad about using my powders on her because she did come at me first so I was just deafening myself.

“That’s where you’re wrong, I will be opening that tomb and I will be getting my mother out” Anna told me as she looked up at me and bared her teeth at me; which shocked me a bit causing my concentration to break which gave Anna control again and before I knew what was happening I was pinned against the wall again but this time she had a hold on my throat.

“Let her go this instant Anna, and then leave… now!” Damon growled at her as he suddenly appeared right behind Anna which surprised me because he beat Everleigh and that never happens; Anna’s eyes went back to normal as she took a step away from me but Everleigh took her place and pulled me into her arms.

“I’m fine Leigh, I’ll be fine” I reassured my best friend as I wrapped my arms around her as she stroked my hair to comfort me; Damon followed Anna to make sure that she left the house before returning to my side with Stefan and Elena right behind him.

“Alright so… what happened? Paige? Where’s Anna?” Jeremy asked once he walked back downstairs and saw everyone fussing over me which I wasn’t too happy about; Stefan was quietly telling Elena what had happening because she wasn’t a vampire so she didn’t hear what just went on.

“Anna is gone and she’s never setting foot in this house again, alright Jeremy? She’s not welcome here” Elena told her little brother firmly who just grew more confused because he too didn’t know what just happened; that was until Damon decided to tell him that Anna had threatened me to stay away from him which was slightly true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment