No Where Left To Run

Founder's Party

“I still don’t know why we have to go to this Founder’s party Grandma, shouldn’t it be you who should go?” I asked my grandma as I stood in the kitchen with her and Everleigh after she told that we both are going to the Founder’s Party and Heritage Display; of course the Montgomery family was a founding family but I still wasn’t looking forward to this party at the Lockwood house.

“Because darling I’ve been attending these parties since before you were born, so now it’s your and Leigh’s turn” Grandma said to us with a smile but neither Everleigh nor I were returning her smile; we could hear Damon and Jeremy in the living room talking as they were playing a video game that Everleigh brought when it was night time.

“But we can’t go Emma, we don’t have a date and please don’t tell us about being a strong woman. I won’t be able to survive going to this party without someone coming with me, and Paige doesn’t count because people will be actually talking to her” Everleigh said to my Grandma as an attempt to get us out of this party that neither of us wanted to go to; but I knew we’d be going anyways because Grandma had that look in her eyes.

“Well then aren’t you both lucky that you have me here, I’ve already gotten you dates. Damon and Jeremy were more than happy to say yes to me when I asked them to escort you to the party” Grandma said to us happily as we just stared at her blankly as we both processed what she just said to us; I knew that she was playing match maker and I knew it didn’t bother me as much as it bothered Everleigh.

“Of course you’ve gotten us dates but with Damon, really? Can’t you have found anyone else to be my date tonight, anyone better” Everleigh said to Grandma knowing full well that he could hear her clearly and I have to admit I thought what she said was a bit harsh; but she does have a right because Damon isn’t exactly the nicest to her.

“Leigh you’ll be in a house full of people, I’m sure you can ignore Damon for a few hours. Besides I am going to be there as well, it’s not like you’ll be going alone” I reassured her quickly when I started to notice the look she gets when she refuses to do something; I knew it would just be easier on Grandma and I if she went to the party tonight.

“I agree with you Paige and it’s final, you two are going to the Founder’s Party while Damon and Jeremy escort you both there. Now it’s time for you both to go get ready” Grandma said to us as she gave us a gently push towards the stairs so we could get ready in our bedrooms; I guess she’d get Jeremy and Damon to leave so they could change clothes as well.

I took a nice hot shower so I could wash my face, hair and body but it also relaxed me as I wasn’t looking forward to this party; I knew people were going to ask me about my parents and I always got upset when I had to talk about them but I also had to lie to everyone about them, which is what I hated the most because they were the most amazing parents ever.

I got out of the shower and dried myself off before I blow dried my hair and curled it with my curling wand; after my hair was done I walked back into my room and sat down at my desk so I could do my makeup so I’d look presentable but I also wanted to make a bigger effort because I’d be around Jeremy, not that I was admitting that I had feelings for him or anything because I wasn’t even though Everleigh was waiting for me to.

Once I had finished doing my makeup Everleigh was already sitting on my bed as she waited for me to finish; she had moved at her super speed so she was ready in a matter of a few short minutes which I thought was unfair, I got changed into the dress that I had picked out and placed a pair of heels on my feet.

“I can get imagine all the fun that we’re going to be having at this party, I seriously can’t wait to get there and be judged by all the stuck up people here” Everleigh said to me dryly as I grabbed my clutch and walked downstairs with her right beside me just as the doorbell rang; Grandma was quick to answer the door after spending a few minutes getting teary over us.

“Now you four behave and have fun” Grandma told us happily as Everleigh walked with Damon down to his car while I walked with Jeremy as we followed them to Damon’s car; I could tell either of the guys wanted to go to this party either but if we didn’t show up then Mrs Lockwood would call Grandma and we’d get into big trouble.

Founder’s Party & Display

“Paige Montgomery, it’s great to finally meet you. I’ve been waiting for this moment for a very long time, I was quiet excited when Emma said you were coming today” Mrs Lockwood said to me with a smile as she shook my head as Jeremy and I walked up the front stairs of the house; I shook her hand back but I was quiet to notice the slight disappointment in her eyes when she saw I was here with Jeremy.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too Mrs Lockwood, my Grandma has told me a lot about you and your family. Thank you very much for letting Jeremy and I attend your party” I said to her with a smile to be polite and I knew Everleigh would tease me about it later as she was right behind me with Damon; I walked into the house with Jeremy but stayed close in case Everleigh or Damon couldn’t get invited inside which I didn’t need to worry about.

“Oh my goodness, Paige Montgomery? Is that really you? Emma was just telling me how grown up you are, and I am terribly sorry about what happened to your parents. A house fire isn’t the right way to go” A lady who knew Grandma and who had watched my father grow up said to me; her name was Mrs Johnson and Grandma told me that she was a gossiper so I was going to try and stay away from her.

“Yes it’s me and thank you, it’s hard but I’m just taking every day as it comes. Excuse us” I said to her with a fake smile of my face as I grabbed Jeremy’s hand and pulled him away from her; I wasn’t here to be reminded of my parents so I wasn’t about to surround myself with people who’d talk and ask about them.

“I had no idea that happened Paige, I am so sorry you have to go through that. If you ever need to talk then I’m always here for you” Jeremy said to me softly as he stopped me from walking and turned me to face him; I knew I had finally found someone who is going to the same thing as me well he was close enough because he lost his parents as well, mine was a bit different but I wasn’t going to be telling anyone about what really happened anytime soon.

“Thank you Jeremy, you have no idea how much that means to me and I’ll keep that in mind. The same goes for you too, if you need someone to talk to then I’m here” I said to him with a small smile on my lips as I thought this party might not be as bad as I first thought it would be; I walked around the house with Jeremy as he never left my side which was nice of him to do.

As the day turned into night I found myself out in the back yard with Jeremy and right now we were watching Damon and Everleigh dance together; I smiled as I sat on a bench with Jeremy and he even thought those two would make a good couple, so I wasn’t the only one who thought that. I felt the heat of a blush form across my cheeks when Jeremy placed his arm around my shoulders; I wasn’t expecting that so it caught me off guard but if I was honest with myself I’d admit that it didn’t bother me, but the thing that did bother me was the smile on Everleigh’s face as she saw us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!