Pencil, Paper and Passion.

New Beginning

“Okay, how high?” Mr. Gallagher asked. He’d drug me from the car five minutes before and was now insisting that I try the swing set, as I’d never been on one before.

“Um… Not too high. I don’t want to die.” I said, a bit nervously as I clutched the rusty chains in a death grip.

“Elizabeth,” He said, leaning around me, putting his face close to mine. “I won’t let you die. I promise.”

“So, death by swing set is a possibility?”

“Yes, but it won’t be happening today.” This said, he took hold of the chains and pulled back. I let out a small yelp and squeezed my eyes shut as I felt my feet leave the ground. When he let go of the chains, I held my breath. I could feel the air rushing against my face and had no choice but to open my eyes. Colors blurred past and the air I held in my lungs whooshed out on a small gurgle of laughter. Mr. Gallagher’s hands pushed against the small of my back as I went higher and higher, rushing up into the colors and air. Up and down. Up and down, the kaleidoscope of colors dashing by on the upswing, my stomach dropping to my toes on the downswing.

All too soon, Mr. Gallagher once again grasped the chains, jerking me to a stop. He smiled at me. “See, you’ve escaped unscathed.”

“Relatively unscathed,” I retorted, and held up my hands so he could see the red marks, from the chains, marring the palms. “They’re sore.’

He rolled his eyes and took my hands in his. “Aw, poor baby. Shall I kiss them and make it better?”

“Not unless you want whatever has been on those chains, on your mouth.” I moved to tug my hands from his and lifted an eyebrow at him when he held fast. “Your choice, but I hope you’ve had your tetanus shot… Ben.”

He grinned at my use of his name, but let go of one of my hands; the other was kept firmly in his as he led me back to his SUV. I looked down at our joined hands and felt a small flutter in the pit of my stomach. This was getting to be too much like a date, rather than a friendly outing. I mentally shook my head. No, I was just getting carried away, putting too much thought into something innocent. Mr. Gallagher would have been appalled at the direction of my thoughts. He’s just being an attentive friend, Eliza, I told myself as I climbed into the SUV. Don’t get any ideas.

Mr. Gallagher and I kept up a light conversation as he drove me home. He asked me about my other classes and about Brandt and Charles. I told him stories about the mischief we unerringly managed to get ourselves into and made him laugh uproariously. I was severely disappointed when I ran out of amusing tales, as I wanted to hear more of his laugh; it was low and husky, a rumble that seemed to come from the center of his chest. It was an amazingly comforting sound and I found myself wanting to lay my head there, at the center of his chest, while he laughed, so I could listen and feel. Surprised at the turn of my thoughts, I stayed silent the rest of the ride home, mentally berating myself. It wasn’t right to think such things about my teacher! But then… nothing about our relationship followed the student/teacher rules.

“Here we are,” Mr. Gallagher said, pulling me out of my reverie, as we pulled up to the front steps of my house.

“Ah, thanks, Mr. Ga- Ben.” I sent him a vague smile and scrambled out of the SUV, hoping that distance would unscramble my scattered, inappropriate thoughts.

However, he also got out and came around the hood to stand in front of me. I kept my eyes planted firmly on the middle of his chest, determined not to look him in the face. Because I knew the exact direction my thoughts would take if I were to get caught in his purple gaze or hung up on his beautifully sculpted mouth. So, eyes firmly planted, I started to say my goodbyes, “Well, thanks. For the ice cream and everything . I had fun.”

Oh, God! No! That made it sound like the end of a date, Eliza, you idiot! The voice in my head was screaming. Get your fucking hormones under control, girl, before he realizes the impure thoughts running rampant in here!

Mr. Gallagher’s fingers were suddenly on my chin, lifting my head, forcing me to look him in the face. I swallowed hard, noting the confusion in his eyes. I knew he was wondering why I’d suddenly become detached and nervous, but it was either this or I’d start drooling. Again, I tried for a vague smile, “Ah, Ben-”

“No, don’t do that. Don’t distance yourself.” His brows lowered and his mouth moved into a slight frown. “I thought we were doing very well at being friends.”

“Uhm,” I gulped, my gaze dropping to his mouth. Oh, no. Not a good place to look. Mr. Gallagher’s expression pulled at the corners of his mouth, plumping out his lower lip, forming a sexy pout. “We are, friends I mean, I was just-”

“We’re going to have to get it over with aren't we?” His voice was husky and my eyes adjusted to take in his entire face. My eyes widened at his new expression, one that simply said lust.

Uh-oh. I made a motion to move away from him but his hand, fast as lightening, clamped on the back of my neck. He held me there as his head lowered and he covered my lips with his. Almost immediately, his tongue touched my bottom lip and I gasped, giving him the opening he wanted. His tongue slipped into my mouth to toy with mine. My eyes snapped shut and my brain shut down. I was one big mass of nerve endings, all of them on fire. I felt the hand on the back of my neck move, as he changed the angle of the kiss, his fingers tangling themselves in my hair. My own hands streaked up his back to grab twin fistfuls of sweater at his shoulders, as I pressed myself closer to him, throwing myself into the kiss. As my enthusiasm grew, so did Mr. Gallagher’s. His other hand ran up my side to press against the side of my breast, just as his teeth sank lightly into my lower lip. My knees buckled as that slight pain arrowed pleasure throughout my body and a small moan escaped my lips.

Mr. Gallagher’s arms held me up as he pulled his mouth away and laid his forehead on mine. His breathing was just as heavy as mine, and I could feel his heart racing. After a few moments, and after our breathing had leveled out, he spoke, his voice a bit rough, “Jesus Christ, Elizabeth.”

I could only manage an agreeing nod. A rumbling chuckle issued from him as he said, “Well, there’s no possible way I can go back to being just your friend or teacher after that.”

“What do you mean?” I opened my eyes and tilted my head back to look at him uncertainly. Did he want me to transfer out of his class or something? This thought immediately flew from my head as he leaned down to nuzzle my neck.

“Hm?” He nipped at the spot where my neck and shoulder met, making my eyes cross. “Oh, I just meant that we've pretty much established that our relationship is far beyond either of those. And that I intend to pursue it.”

“Oh.” I said inanely. My mind was reeling. Mr. Gallagher, no, Ben intended to pursue a personal relationship with me. Very personal. A smile started to form on my lips as I thought of all the benefits of a very personal relationship with this man. “Well, I guess I could live with that.”

Ben’s head lifted and he grinned at me before giving me a quick kiss. He let go of me and started to go around to the drivers side of his SUV, obviously intending to leave. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Elizabeth.”

“Tomorrow’s Saturday,” I pointed out.

He lifted an eyebrow and, if possible, his grin widened. “I know. Noon. Bye, sweetheart.”

“Bye, Ben.” I watched him get in the car, flustered at the endearment. As he drove away, I turned and ran up the steps and into my house. Delighted with the quick turn of events, I thought only of the tingling anticipation of seeing him tomorrow.

As I danced around my house, thinking about our searing kiss, a new thought invaded. A thought about the huge amount of trouble Ben and I would be in if anybody were to find out about our new relationship. I touched my still tingling lips with the tips of my fingers and let worry fill me. We would have to talk tomorrow, seriously. Ben and I had to discuss if we were prepared for the possible ramifications our relationship might bring. I knew that I should use caution and stop this in its tracks, but the joy of being with him wouldn't go away and caution was tossed to the wind. I would plunge headfirst into this and enjoy every second of pleasure that came with this new beginning.

However, a niggling doubt sat at the back of my head. What if Ben decided the consequences were too high, and became nothing but my teacher again?
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, long time no see, huh? I doubt any of my old readers will even remember who I am! Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'll be updating regularly again. I'm already editing the next chapter and it should be up in a day or so, if not sooner. I hope all of my old readers come back and keep with it. Enjoy!