Status: finished ;)

3,000 Miles to Love

Chapter 13

McKenzie's POV

As I lay in my own bed back in Pennsylvania that morning, I cried and cried. I couldn't believe Cameron did that to me, when he said that he loved me and he wasn't interested in Lyla. And Lyla, well, i guess it's safe to say that she played me. She fooled me into thinking that she would be a good friend, when she was only there to take the best thing that ever happened to me away. I stopped at that thought. Cameron really was the best thing that ever happened to me. I began to think that maybe it wasn't his fault. Stop it McKenzie, what are you thinking? He cheated on you. That is his fault. But what if it was just Lyla being the freak that she was? Ugh. I needed to clear my head.

I went down to Starbucks to get a coffee and think a little bit. I decided to call Cameron and talk to him. As I grabbed my phone, it rang in my hand, and his name showed up on the screen.

"Hello?" I answered.

"McKenzie! Oh, please don't hang up!" I heard him say.

"I'm not," I said calmly. "What do you want?"

"To explain," he said.

"Okay, shoot," I said.

"Lyla kissed me. I didn't want to kiss her. I tried pulling away but she wouldn't let me go. I'm sorry. I never should've invited her over in the first place. You are the one I love. I love you more than anything in the world. You are my life."

I was shocked. I didn't know what to say or do. It was three thousand miles to love at this point. I was in Pennsylvania and he was in California.

"Cameron, I don't know what to say," I said as I threw my coffee cup away and walked outside.

"You don't have to say anything. Just, please, forgive me," he said. I sighed, thinking for a second.

"I forgive you. I knew there was something going on with Lyla, remember?"

"Oh, thank you-"

"But," I continued.

"Oh no. Not one of the most deadly words used by women," he said.

"But, we're three thousand miles apart," I said.

"No we're not," he said. I became confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Turn around," he said. I turned around to see him standing a few feet down the sidewalk with his cell phone to his ear. I put my hand over my mouth in shock. Oh..my..God. He came all the way to Pennsylvania for me! I ran towards him, jumping into his arms.

"I can't believe you came all this way just for me," I said.

"I told you I love you," he said. I looked into those bright green eyes that I loved so much.

"Cameron, I love you more than life itself. I should've listened to you. I'm sorry," I said.

"It's okay. I know you were in a confusing situation." I hugged him tighter. he looked at me like I was the brightest star he's ever seen. My heart raced as he kissed me. I didn't want to let go of him. I realized then that he was the one I wanted to be with forever.

"Let's go back to Cali," I said.

"But you just got here," he said.

"I don't care. I want to be with you and I can't do that from three thousand miles away."

"You seriously want to move in with me and the guys?" he asked.

"Yes," I assured him.

"Okay then," he said, putting his arm around me as we walked to my car. We went back to my house and packed everything except for my furniture. I looked at all my Allstar Weekend posters on the wall and wondered if I should bring them.

"Bring them," Cameron said. It must've been obvious that that's what I was thinking. "The guys will get a kick out of how many you have." I laughed.

"Yeah, they'll probably joke about it for hours," I said.

"Wow, it's only been a month and you already know them well," he said, smiling.

"It's not hard to see what they're like."