Status: finished ;)

3,000 Miles to Love

Chapter 14

Cameron's POV

I felt amazing. I got her back and now she wants to live with me. And, holy crap, she had a lot of posters of our band. She really was the most amazing girl I've ever met.

We flew back to Cali with everything we could bring and the rest was shipped. I'm surprised her parents even let her come, based on what she told me about them. They aren't exactly the most easy-going people in the world.

When we were driving down the highway in Cali, we were going in a different direction than where Nathan's house was. It didn't take McKenzie long to notice.

"Why aren't we going to Nathan's?" she asked.

"See, that's the surprise," I said. "When you took me back, I called the guys. We bought a beach house big enough for all of us."

"Oh my God," she said. "You did that for me?"

"Yep," I said. "And, you know what the best part is?"

"What?" she asked eagerly.

"There's a volleyball net," I said. Her face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Cameron! You're the best!"

"I know," I said, smiling as she hugged me.

When we got to the house, the guys were moving their stuff in. McKenzie ran up to them and hugged each of them.

"Thank you, guys," she said.

"Anything for our best friend and his lady," Nathan said. She laughed.

It took us a few weeks to get everything settled in. When McKenzie got our posters on the wall in her room, she showed the guys and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. For once, they actually didn't joke about something.

McKenzie and I went for a walk on the beach. We walked past the pier and other houses, just talking.

"This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me," she said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said. "I dare someone to try and beat this. It's not going to happen."

"Wow, Mikey was right," I said.

"About what?" she asked.

"When you left, I didn't know what to do. Mikey told me that if I loved you enough, I should go after you. Well, I did, and look where we are now."

"Holy crap. Mikey actually said something smart," she said.

"I know, right," I said, putting my hands on her waist. She wrapped her arms around my neck. We kissed, and I immediately knew that I would never love anyone else. She was mine, forever. "I have one more surprise," I said. I got down on one knee and reached into the pocket of my shorts. She put her hand over her mouth.

"Oh my God," she said quietly.

"Will you marry me?" I asked.

"YES!!!" she shouted, hugging and kissing me.

"I know I can never, ever love anyone else," I told her.

We walked back to the house and went inside with the guys, who were in the kitchen. This house was so much bigger than Nathan's. There was room for everyone. I went to pour myself a glass of iced tea.

"Woah, hold up," Mikey said. We looked at him, wondering what he was going to say. "Did she have that ring on earlier?" he asked, pointing at her hand. I smiled at him.

"OH MY GOD!" the guys shouted together.