Status: finished ;)

3,000 Miles to Love

Chapter 3

Nathan's POV

All of us can tell Cameron likes McKenzie. That's why we kept asking her to hang out with us. Every time I ask him about it he denies it, so we watch and see how he acts around her. He stares at her all the time so it's kind of obvious. And today is the picnic that I invited her to. Maybe I'll try and talk to Cameron again. He always tells us if he likes a girl. I wonder why he's hiding it this time.

I texted McKenzie to give her directions to my house. Zach, Cameron, and Mikey arrived shortly after. We sat around the house for a while. The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Cameron shouted, running to the door. Mikey looked at me with that 'it's so obvious' look. Cameron knew exactly who was at the door so he wanted to be the one to answer it. He opened it to see McKenzie standing there. "Hey," he said.

"Hey," she said back, smiling.

"C'mon in." She walked in with Cameron following her and sat on the couch. He sat beside her.

"So, who's ready to party?" Zach asked.

"ME!!!" We all said at the same time, then laughed.

"Why don't we go swimming? McKenzie, did you bring your bathing suit?" Zach asked.

"Yep. Nathan told me I should just in case," she said, smiling at me. " Can I use your bathroom?"

"Yeah, just back the hall there," I answered. She took her bag and went back the hall. Cameron was looking at her as she walked off. When we heard the bathroom door shut, I said, "Just ask her out already."

"Who said I liked her?" Cameron asked.

"Umm, it's kinda obvious," Mikey said. "You've been staring at her ever since you first saw her yesterday."

"Okay, fine. I like her," he admitted.

"Then ask her out, man," Mikey responded.

"I can't."

"Why?" Zach asked. "You've asked girls out before."

"But McKenzie's different," he said.

"How?"

"I don't know. I...I just...no girl has ever said yes, and I've never felt this way about anyone before."