Status: finished ;)

3,000 Miles to Love

Chapter 7

McKenzie's POV

I was leaving for my movie with Cameron in about twenty minutes. I went into my room and changed out of my summer shorts and T-shirt and into the outfit I bought the day before. I straightened my hair and put on my jewelry. I wanted to look good for this because I really liked him.

Right after I put my high heels on, the doorbell rang. My heart skipped a beat. I opened the door.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey. You look amazing," Cameron said.

"Thanks," I replied. We walked out the door and got into his car.

"So what movie do you want to see?" he asked.

"Oh, I don't know. It doesn't matter to me," I answered.

"Pick one," he said, smiling.

"Okay. Insidious?"

"Yes! I wanna see that one so bad! Good choice," he said. I laughed.

We drove for a few minutes in silence, just smiling at each other every now and then.

"So, tell me about yourself," he said.

"Well, I've lived in Pennsylvania my whole life, my favorite sport is volleyball-"

"No way! I love volleyball!"

"Yeah, it's pretty much my life."

"Have you played on the team?"

"Yeah, only since third grade," I said jokingly.

"Holy crap. All the way through high school?"

"Yep," I confirmed.

"Talk about committment," he said, surprised.

"Tell me about it," I said.

"What else don't I know about you?"

"I have a brother who is twenty-five, I took dance from the time I was four until I was fourteen, and that's pretty much it. I'm just a typical eighteen year old girl."

"Looks like there's a whole lot more to you than I thought," he said, smiling.

"Yeah," I said, smiling back.

We pulled into the plaza that had the movie theater and parked. When we got inside, there was a really long line.

"Looks like we should've gotten here earlier," he said.

"I guess we can just talk," I said. "Your turn."

"For what?" he asked.

"To tell me about yourself."

"Oh. There's not much to tell. I used to live in Hawaii and when I came here to San Diego in elementary school, I met the guys and we became a band in high school."

"I'm sure there's more than that," I said.

"I have two sisters: Anna and Bridget."

"Awwhh," i said.

"And, theres kind of something I don't want people to know about," he said shyly.

"It's okay, you can trust me," I said. He hesitated.

"I've never had a girlfriend before."

"That's nothing to be ashamed about. You'll get one when you're ready."

"But I am ready. Right now," he explained.

"Are you talking about you and me?" I asked, confused. he sighed.

"Yes," he answered.

"Oh." I smiled.

"McKenzie, I like you. A lot," he said, taking my hand. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes," I said, stunned. He smiled.

"Cool," he said.

The line died down and we got our tickets. We went and sat down a couple rows from the back. The commercials were just starting. Theres an extra fifteen minutes of waiting right there. Awesome. We whispered to each other.

"I can't believe you've never had a girlfriend before. Are you aware of how many girls out there are obsessed with you?" I said. He laughed.

"I guess I just never found the right one." He paused. "Until now." He looked at me and smiled. I looked back and him.

"Cameron, you are the sweetest thing ever," I said.

The movie started and the whole room went quiet. I sat back in my chair. Minutes went by. A scary part made me jump and lean over to hide my face in his shoulder. He put his arm around me. I looked up to see him smiling at me with that 'you're really cute' smile. The smile that makes you feel like you're going to faint.

"How are you not scared?" I asked.

"I am. But I don't jump into my girlfriend's arms."

"I guess us girls know how to express feelings," I said, smiling.

"Psh, yeah right," he said.

"Oh, so you couldn't tell I liked you?"

"Actually, no. i couldn't." He smiled. I sat up and kept watching the movie. Another scary part made me jump. He took my hand and smiled. I smiled back. "I'm right here," he said jokingly.

"I know," i said, giggling a little. He put his arm around me and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

When the movie was over, we went back to Nathan's house to hang out with the guys. We walked in the house holding hands. Mikey was sitting on the couch and the other two were in the kitchen. Mikey looked at us.

"Yeah, boy!" he shouted. Cameron smiled. Zach and nathan came running in.

"Awwhh," Zach said. I laughed.

"Lovebirds," Nathan said, smiling. We all sat on the couch.

"So, how was your date?" Zach asked.

"Good," Cameron said.

"Good?" Nathan asked.

"Okay, awesome," he admitted, looking at me.

"Yeah," I agreed, blushing.

"So, you two are sort of a thing now?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah," we said together.

"Then let me just say one thing. COngrats, boy! Your first girlfriend!" Mikey said as he hugged him, shaking him back and fourth.

"Okay, save some Cameron for me!" I said. They all looked at me and smiled.

"Ooohhhh!" they all shouted together. Cameron laughed. i just looked at him, smiling.

We decided to go to the mall for the rest of the day so the guys went upstairs to put on good clothes and get their wallets. Cameron was the first one to come back down.

"That was fast," I said.

"Yeah," he said.

"I had fun today," I said, changing the subject.

"Me,too," he said. "That was a good movie."

"I know, right," I said. He put his arm around me.

"And we still get to spend the rest ofthe day together," he said. i smiled. he began to lean towards me. When his lips touched mine, my heart skipped and beated faster and faster. That was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. When he pulled away, all I could do was smile and play with my hair. We just looked at each other for a couple seconds, then the guys came downstairs.