Fowards

It begins

You know all of those forwards you hate getting? They would never come true, right? So most people delete forwards. Some people send the forwards, but just for fun, they know it’s not going to come true. That’s what I thought too, until they did start coming true for me.

I was having a pretty bad day one day, so I went outside to calm down some. My boyfriend Jeremy broke up with me a month ago, and I was still hurting over it. The outside calmed me down though, it was peaceful. All of the birds chirping, the beauty the sky has sometimes. So as I said, I went out. I went and laid down in my front yard and looked up at the clouds, and just made them all look like something in my brain. It was really calming. I saw an elephant, then a shoe, then a purse. You could see anything with a good imagination.

I was doing this as a butterfly landed on my nose, it was kind of funny, and it tickled, so I giggled. It flew away. It was so beautiful though, It was pink with black and colorful spots. I felt a tickling feeling on my leg too, and then I realized it was just my phone vibrating. I took my iphone with its pink case out of my denim shorts and looked at the phone. I read that it was from Abby, one of my best friends, so I clicked it. My green eyes scanned the message that said, “If you write your name below and forward you will meet a hot boy and he will fall for you.
1. Anna
2. Jamie
3. Lynn
4. Cindy
5. Kira
6. Cara
7. Jordan”

This was the first forward I ever got, because I just got a phone. My family didn’t want me having a phone until I was sixteen, they are really strict. Everyone always told me forwards never came true, but I added my name and forwarded it anyways. I was getting kind of chilly because the wind was blowing, so I went back inside.

As soon as I opened my screen door, my only door to get inside my house, my mom screams, “Food is ready Paige,”

So I go into our little kitchen, where it can barely even fit my parents, my little brother Joe, and me in it. We are having baked potatoes, corn, and steak. Well we are also having apples, but we always have apples. I’m not sure why, I guess my mom takes the ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’ quote seriously. I sit at the table and put my phone down on it.

“Young lady I told you no phones at dinner,” My mom said seriously. I think she thinks when she gets serious she is scary. I would never tell her but she isn’t. She is a short girl, she is shorter than me, and I’m 5’3. She is also skinny. So she isn’t very scary.

I just giggled and said, “Sorry, I’m blonde, I forgot.”

My dad then began to laugh like I said the funniest thing ever. He had a black mustache to go with his black hair. He was a little chubby, he was like 5’8 probably. Anyways my point is he is kind of embarrassing. I gave him a funny look and then he looked at my mom and said, “Wonder where she gets that from,” With her being blonde and everything, I also get my green eyes from her. Little Joey takes after dad with his blue eyes and black hair.

I almost forgot about my phone again, but then it started to vibrate so I looked at it, it was a text from a contact I didn’t have in my phone. The text said, “Hi I’m Drake I was with Anna and she told me about you and said you were sad. I thought I’d try to cheer you up. You are beautiful by the way,” I smiled but then turned my phone off and put it away, I would text him back later.

When I was done eating, my mom threw a can of pepsi at me to drink, I caught it and drank it, I love pop. She also gave us Pecan Pie for desert. It was yummy. After we were done with that I asked, “When are we going to have our cook out?”

“Well I can’t get the charcoal until tomorrow night, so Saturday.”

“Okay daddy,” I said kissing his cheek and leaving to go to my room. Joey, the most annoying twelve year old that you will ever meet, followed me through the kitchen, through the living room, and even up the stairs. When I got to my room though, he wasn’t going to follow me in there. I turned around and just stared at him.

“What do you want kiddo?” I asked, trying to get rid of him.

“What do you want from dad?” he asked.

“Nothing, little loser. Why do you ask that?”

“It seemed like you were kissing up,” He said, with a face that showed he still didn’t believe me. I turned back around, and went inside, closing the door on his face.

I turned my phone back on, and I re-read the message, I smiled again. I laid down on my twin bed with my purple quilt as I texted him back. I said, “You already cheered me up some, thanks. Nice to meet you :).”

“You didn’t really meet me silly, this is just a text,” I giggled at that but before I replied he sent another, “Can we skype? Then we could really meet<3”

I smiled and went over to my desk where my computer was at and turned it on. I texted back, “Yeah sure, add me, my username is Paigekinz.”

“Aw that’s cute, I will.”

I smiled and went onto skype, waiting for his add and then it came up. His username was Drake&Emmet. I accepted and chatted him.

Paigekinz: Hey.(: Do you share this account with someone?
Drake&Emmet: My son
Paigekinz: You have a son?!?
Drake&Emmet: Video call me, I’ll explain.

So I did, and when I saw him, it took my breath away. I think he was the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen. He had brown flippy hair and the prettiest blues eyes. Then he laughed and I couldn’t even move. I thought I was going to die. Then I noticed he was shirtless, and had a six pack. He was obviously trying to kill me. I couldn’t see anything about the room though, it was dark. He didn’t say anything either, I guess he was observing me also.

“You’re pretty,” he said, smiling. Oh my, his voice too, and his smile. Oh my Paige talk, you have to talk. He will think you are weird if you don’t talk.

“Th-th-thanks,” I said.

“A little shy,” He noticed. “Anyways, Emmett is my son, well my brother. I have took care of him since he was born. I was only ten, but I was basically a father, no I was. My mother did nothing for him, or me. I fed him, changed him, I got money for him, everything. He has even called me daddy since he was born. He’s eight now,”

“So you are eighteen?” I asked.

“Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. I turned eighteen on January 1st then I got custody of Emmet and moved out on our own,”

“Awww,” I said smiling.

“Do you want to meet him? I make him go to bed at eight, which kind of seems strict, but he doesn’t have to actually go to bed, just be in his room. So he has an hour,”

“Of course,”

“Emmet!” He called, “Get in here I have someone for you to meet,”

So this little super cute blonde boy with brown highlights and green eyes comes in, turns the light on and sits on Drake’s lap. “This is Paige,” He tells him.

“Damn Paige you’re sexy,” coming from that little mouth and with that voice it was so funny and cute, I just started laughing. Drake tapped his mouth with the back of his hand, defiantly not enough to hurt him.

“You do not use that language or talk to a girl like that,” Drake explained to him seriously.
The kid looked at him seriously then turned to me with a doggy pout and said to me, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” I told him. “Your little pout there will get you farther then talking like that.”

“Emmet knows what else gets your way with girls and little boys,” Drake said laughing.
I wasn’t sure what they were talking about but Emmet jumped off of his lap so fast and ran towards the door and screamed “Lucy,” And this black dog comes in. “Ha ha daddy Lucy will protect me,” He said, sticking out his tongue.

Drake stood up and walked over to them. He said, “Oh yeah?” He reached over the dog that began to bark and picked up Emmet. Emmet was trying his hardest to wiggle out of his grip, but he threw him on the bed and started to tickle him. That was the loudest laughing I ever heard. Eventually the kid stopped himself from laughing and Drake picked him up and put him on the ground. “Go get ready for bed kiddo,”

He then came back and sat back down by the webcam.

“That was the cutest thing I have ever saw,” I told him.

“Well the cutest thing I have ever saw is you, I think I’m falling for you,”

I just smiled then said, “Want to come to my cook out with Emmet on Saturday? I asked him.
“Of course,” he said.

I looked at my phone then started laughing.
“What?” He asked.

“Nothing, just that I got a forward that if I resend it I will meet a hot guy and he will fall for me.
He just smiled, a lot. It came me butterflies. “I have to go help the kid get ready for bed,” He informed me.

I said, “Bye.” Then the call was ended. It was kind of sad, I missed him already.