Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

My phone rang across the room and I ran to get it, stubbing my toe on the leg of my bedside table ad swearing underneath my breath before bringing it to my ear with a pained, “Hello?”
“What’s going on?” My best friend, Emma, laughed in my ear.
“Nothing, just stubbed my damn toe.” I fell onto my bed with a sigh. “What’s up with you?”
“I just finished packing.” She sighed dramatically before practically screaming in my ear, “I’m so excited!”
I laughed. “I know, just please don’t make me deaf. I actually need my ears.”
“Are you ready, Katie?”
I looked over at the open suitcase and the huge pile of clothes, none of which were in the large suitcase.
“Yes.” I lied, knowing she would be over in ten minutes anyways.
She chuckled. “Right, I’ll be over in ten.”
Oh, how I knew my best friend.
“Okay, see you soon. The front door’s unlocked and my dad’s not home, so just come in.”
“Got it. See you in a few.”
I flipped my phone shut and looked with dread at the mountain of clothes on the floor that needed to be sorted and packed away for vacation.
Emma and I, along with our other three friends Jen, Haylie, and Mandy, were going to LA for the next two weeks. The next year would be our last at Huntington High, and we wanted to do something before everything started. I was so excited I didn’t know what to do with myself, but there was one draw back: I couldn’t sit with my friends on the plane. Because I am an idiot, I booked the flight later than the other girls and got stuck sitting on the other side of the plane, not even in talking distance. And I was afraid of flying, which only made the situation worse.
Sighing, I pulled myself from the bed and walked to where the suitcase was sitting, dropping to the floor to begin the laborious task of packing.
Minutes later I heard the front door close, footsteps on the stairs, and then…
“Katie Madsen, what the hell? Have you done nothing all day?”
Turning to smile innocently at Emma, I held up a T-shirt and asked, “Should I take this?”
She rolled her eyes and stalked to my bed, dropping her purse there before shrugging out of her hoodie, muttering something about me being useless and procrastinating.
“I hate packing, Emma, you know that.” I reminded her calmly, trying not to laugh as she made a disgusted face at me.
Then she stomped over to me and pushed my leg with her foot, ordering, “Move, and I’ll do it for you, seeing as you can’t pack for your damn self.”
Hiding my victorious grin, I crawled back a few feet and let her sit in my old spot so that I could watch her pack for me.
I knew there was a reason why I loved this girl.

Two hours later, my suitcase was completely packed and I was getting ready to go spend the night at Emma’s. Grabbing the backpack from beneath my bed for my overnight stuff and whatever I would need on the plane, I eyed the piece of luggage that was almost bursting at the seams with clothes and shoes.
“Um…” I cleared my throat before starting again. “Emma, you know what I appreciate you packing for me, but…don’t you think there’s a little much in there?”
“No.” She said simply. “I packed that much.”
“But it’s only two weeks, not a month.”
“But you don’t know what the weather will be like, Katie, and – “
“It’s LA; it’s either hot or raining, there’s really no in between.” I said, but she ignored me.
“And you need to have some variety or you’ll b wearing the same damn things over and over again.”
Bit my lip before asking, “But what if I go shopping?”
She rolled her eyes. “Then you’ll just have to buy another bag, won’t you?”
Someone’s cranky, I thought as I sipped up the backpack. She sat with her back to me, watching the TV silently and I sat down beside her before hugging her tightly.
“Thank you for packing for me.” I said in a high-pitched voice, making her chuckled before patting my arm.
“You’re welcome. Now let’s go and order some pizza at my house and get the girls over.”
I agreed we both brought my suitcase downstairs, pausing so that I could leave a note to my dad before leaving to go to her place.
I couldn’t wait for tomorrow.

And So The Story Began ;)
  1. one
  2. dos
  3. threee
  4. fourr.
  5. fivee
    I know there short, but i wrote 124 chapters.
  6. 6661
  7. Sevenn
  8. Eight
  9. Nine.
  10. ten
  11. 111111111111111111111111111111 (eleven)
  12. 12
  13. thirteen
  14. 014
  15. 1111155555555
  16. 16 through 18
  17. 19
  18. 20
  19. 21
  20. 22
  21. 23
  22. 24
  23. 25
  24. 26
  25. 27
  26. 28
  27. 29
  28. 30
  29. 31
  30. 32
  31. 33
  32. 34
  33. 35
  34. 36
  35. 37
  36. 38
  37. 39
  38. 40
  39. 41
  40. 42
  41. 43
  42. 44
  43. 45
  44. 46
  45. 47
  46. 48
    I have officially wrote 126 chapters for this.
  47. 49
  48. 50
  49. 51
  50. 52
  51. 53
  52. 54
  53. Not a chapter.