Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

19

“So why are we going to Johnny’s place?” I asked as we walked down the empty streets after leaving the bar.
“Because it’s closer than the rest of ours.” Syn answered with a shrug.
I sighed and leaned my head against his shoulder as we walked, my hands linked around his arm. He had his hands shoved in his pockets, but pulled one out to wrap it around my shoulders and pull me against him.
“You need to learn how to wear a jacket.” I scolded, frowning up at him.
He looked down at me and his expression clearly read, what the hell are you talking about?
Matt obviously heard what I said and turned around to give me the same look.
“Well, I don’t want you to get sick.” I defended in a whiny voice.
Matt laughed before turning back around and Syn shook his head at me. “I won’t get sick.”
I rolled my eyes and huffed. “Well, when you get sick don’t expect me to take care of you because I won’t.”
He laughed. “Yeah, you will.”
“Oh, really? And why would I?” I countered.
“Because I’m the hottest lead guitarist for the hottest band in the world.” He pointed out, bumping his hips against mine as we walked. “Your words, remember?”
I rolled my eyes again, then turned to watch the buildings as we passed by. I stumbled and looked behind me, trying to see what I had tripped on.
Syn was grinning at me and I shrugged with a small, “Whoops.”
“How much farther?” I asked a few minutes later.
“Not much.”
I pouted up at Syn. “My feet hurt.”
He laughed and pulled away from me to crouch down and order, “Hop on.”
I grinned and jumped on his back, sliding my legs around his waist and wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He grabbed hold of my knees and stood up, carrying me the rest of the way.
We got to Johnny’s house a little while later and I squinted at it, trying to see what it looked like. But it was too dark out and I was still a little drunk, despite all the water I had drank.
We were heading up the sidewalk to the front door when Johnny suddenly stopped and half screamed, "Fuck.”
“What?” Everyone asked at the same time, stopping to look at him.
“I don’t have my keys.” He said, shaking his head. “I left them at Zacky’s.”
“What do you mean, you left your keys at Zacky’s?” Matt was incredulous.
“Just what I said.” Johnny snapped. “I put them on the counter to help him get the beer outside, and I left them there.”
“Good job, fuckhead.” Jimmy spat, shoving the smaller guy in the shoulder. “What are we supposed to do now?”
“I don’t know. Shit, I am such an idiot.” Johnny groaned, pressing his hands to the sides of his head and closing his eyes.
“Yeah, you kinda are.” Syn agreed.
“Don’t you have a spare key?” I asked.
Johnny shook his head.
There was a noise from beside me and I looked down to see Val sitting on the cement, her head back and staring up at the sky. I laughed at her as I turned to look curiously at the side of the house as the guys talked about what to do.
“We could always walk to Zacky’s house.” Jimmy suggested with a shrug.
“And what? Grab his keys and walk all the way back here?” Syn huffed and shook his head, his hair tickling my nose. “And you do realize what he and Emma are probably doing right now. Do you really want to walk in on that?”
Jimmy grinned. “Guess not. We’ll let the fucker get laid.”
“Is either of those windows unlocked?” I asked suddenly.
“What?” Syn looked behind his shoulder at me.
“Those windows.” I pointed to the two windows on the side of the house. “Are they unlocked?”
Johnny shrugged. “I don’t know.”
I rolled my eyes at him and jumped off Syn’s back to run, as well as I could, to peer up at the windows. One had a wooden trellis leading all the way up to the window, and the other had a huge tree in front of it, with a strong branch that stretched all the way to the house, almost touching the glass.
“What are you doing?” Matt asked and I turned to see they had all joined me at the side of the house, and stood in a semicircle around me.
“Someone could probably climb up to one of the windows, see if they could get in.” I suggested with a shrug.
Johnny scoffed. “You think any of us can climb up there? I don’t know about the rest of the guys, but I know that piece of shit won’t hold me.”
I shrugged one shoulder. “I don’t know. But it will hold me.”
Syn looked at me as if I was crazy. “Are you insane? You’re drunk.”
“Not that drunk.” I said with a roll of my eyes. “Besides, I do this all the time.”
“What, climb into random people’s houses?” Johnny scoffed.
“No, dumbass. There’s a trellis just like this underneath my window, and that’s how I get in and out. It’s a piece of cake.”
I said confidently before walking up to the wall.
“So what are you going to do?” Jimmy asked slowly.
I paused and turned to look blankly at him. “I’m going to climb up and see if the window is unlocked. If it is then I’ll climb through, go down to the front door and let everyone in. If it’s not…then we’ll think of something else.”
I grabbed two of the wooden rungs and pulled myself up, making sure each rung was sturdy before finding the next step.
“Christ, slow down, will you?” Syn demanded desperately and I laughed.
Going up was pretty easy, but I could feel the anxious stares of the guys as I moved up and up, higher and higher until I was at the window.