Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

fourr.

“So what were you doing in LA?”
“Oh, just hanging out with some friends. We wanted to have some fun before school started up again, so we decided to go away for a week.”
“School?” He frowned at me. “You aren’t still in high school, are you?”
I nodded. “Yeah, this is my last year.”
“Wow.” He looked stunned. “You act really mature for a high school girl.”
I shrugged again. “Thanks.” I think.
He cleared his throat and smirked at me. “If I’d known you were a high school girl, I wouldn’t have tried to hit on you.”
I felt my cheeks redden and pushed his shoulder lightly, making him laugh.
For the past couple of hours he and I had done nothing but talk. He told me all about the past year of touring and being on the road, and the last couple of shows they put on in LA. The other guys had left a few days before but Synyster had family in LA so he decided to stay behind to visit before going back to start on their new album.
He was such a sweetheart, which actually surprised me a little. He always gave the public the idea that he was an arrogant hardass, which worked because it made girls want him all the more. But from just sitting next to him I now know that he is such a nice guy, and really easy to talk to, with a great sense of humor. I also knew that he was keeping the conversation light and funny because he was trying to ease my nerves, which was totally sweet.
The captain came over the intercom then and told everyone to fasten their seatbelts as we were getting close to landing. Immediately, my heart started to pound and my stomach twisted as I fumbled for the straps.
“So how come you’re not sitting with your friends?” Syn asked lightly, already strapped in and watching me with a small smile.
“What?” I glanced up at him, and then looked back down as I tried to untwist the one belt. “Oh, I booked the flight late so they’re over there somewhere.” I waved my hand carelessly in the direction of the front.
“Here.” Syn pushed my hands out of the way and easily snapped the belts together, securing them around my waist.
I blushed, feeling like an idiot. “Thanks.”
“No worries. I’m sure a lot of people are afraid of flying.” He said with a shrug.
I looked up at him, then closed my eyes when the plane started to jerk and shake.
Oh God…
I had been twisting my hands in my lap when I felt something tickle the inside of my palm. I looked down and saw that Syn had reached out to take my right hand in his left one, lacing our fingers together and squeezing my small hand in his. I smiled to myself and squeezed back, closing my eyes again and letting my head fall back against the seat.
Synyster Gates was holding my hand.
Thank you, God, for letting me book my flight late.
And thank God we didn’t drive.

I followed behind him and into the airport waiting room, looking around for my friends. They would never believe this.
Syn turned towards me, his sunglasses back on and his hat pushed low down on his forehead, hiding most of his face.
“Where are your friends?” He asked.
“I don’t know. They’re around here somewhere.” I shrugged, thinking they were probably getting their luggage.
“Okay, well give me your number.” He ordered, digging his phone out of his pocket. “I’ll call you sometime, we can hang out.”
I felt the surprise but quickly hid it, taking a deep breath and rattling off my number slowly as he copied it into his phone. I mentally kicked myself because my voice was shaking.
“There.” He grinned and then I heard a snap as he laughed down at his phone.
I gasped. “Did you just take my picture?”
“Bet your ass, I did. And it’s awesome.”
I groaned. “I hate having my picture taken. I always look horrible.”
“Oh, shut up, you look awesome. Look.”
He stood beside me, letting me peer over his arm to see the picture of myself on his phone. I wasn’t exactly smiling, but I had a little smirk on my face as I looked right at him. It wasn’t bad, but it was nothing to be proud of, either.
I made a face and stepped away, grabbing my phone to get his number. He took it from me and put it in himself, smirking the whole time he did it. He handed it back just as someone shouted, “Brian!”
We both turned and he waved at a young guy who looked a little like him.
“That’s my little brother, Brent.” He said and turned to smile down at me. “I’ve got to go, but I’ll call you later.”
I nodded and smiled, expecting him to just walk away. But my eyes widened when he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into a hug. I put mine around his waist and hugged back, knowing that was possibly the best thing that had ever happened to me in my entire life.
He pulled back and ruffled my hair before jogging off to hug his brother, who had somehow managed to get Syn’s luggage. I opened my phone and looked for his entry, laughing when I saw he had named himself SEXY. I watched them both leave the airport, lost in thought before someone tackled me from the side.
I screamed and stumbled, catching myself before hitting the ground and spinning to shove off a giggling Haylie.
“Who were you talking to?” Emma asked, frowning at me.
I thought about telling them, but changed my mind. I didn’t want them to know.
I shrugged. “Just some guy I was sitting beside on the plane.”
“Oh.” She frowned at me again, then shrugged. “He just looked familiar, that’s all.”
I shook my head and turned when Jen grabbed my arm. “Let’s go get your luggage and get out of here. I’m starving!”
“Dude, I can’t believe Synyster Gates wasn’t on our plane.” Mandy whined. “That would have been awesome if he was and I’m really disappointed.”
Walking with Jen, I listened to her complain and the other three laughed at her while I just smirked to myself.