Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

49

"I can't wait for Christmas." Val sighed from her place on the towel beside me, lying on her back with her eyes closed.
"Me, neither." Emma agreed on the other side of me, resting on her stomach as she read a magazine. "I actually can't wait to see what Zacky got me for Christmas."
Laughing at her, I turned my eyes to where the guys were watching as Johnny and Zacky were wrestling in the sand while Jimmy egged them on and Brian and Matt stood off to the side, laughing about something or other.
We'd been on the beach for a couple hours now, not doing anything – just sitting around, drinking, eating, and having fun. But it was freaking hot out here; for once, I wanted to know what it was like to have cold weather for Christmas. I wanted to know what snow was like. But snow in California? Not likely.
Sighing, I pulled the hair-tie off my wrist and put my hair up in a high messy bun, wanting the heavy weight off my burning shoulders.
"So what did – Jesus, what is that?" Emma asked.
"What is what?"
Looking at me with wide eyes, she reached out and poked the inside of my neck.
"Oh, that." I rolled my eyes, knowing she was talking about the huge hickie that Brian had given me last night while he and I were…you know.
"You didn't have that yesterday."
I shook my head. "Nope, got it last night."
Val raised her head and stared at me as Emma gasped so loud, it sounded like breath was squealing into her lungs.
"You didn't." She practically shouted, shoving me so hard I almost fell down.
I blushed and pulled myself back up, lowering my eyes and remaining silent.
"You did." Emma shrieked before looking at Val and repeating, "She did."
Val was laughing before she turned to bump her shoulder into mine. "You naughty girl."
I chuckled. "Innocence doesn't last forever, I guess."
"How was it?" Emma whispered, sliding closer to me so we could speak in lowered voices.
"I'm not telling you."
"Katie Madsen, you have to tell us." Val insisted.
"We need to know." Emma agreed with a sharp nod of her head.
I sighed, glanced up to see Brian had his back to us, before I said quickly, "It was afuckingmazing."
Val burst into laughter and Emma looked eve more interested.
"Really? That good, huh?"
I rolled my eyes. "You know how you're always saying how good it is with Zacky?" She nodded and I smirked. "Multiply that by ten, and you'll know what it was like with Brian."
Her jaw dropped and her eyes trailed over to my boyfriend, almost as if she were imagining something. I smacked her shoulder and she jumped, rubbing the spot as she glared at me.
"That was just unnecessary, Katelyn."
I rolled my eyes. "Then stop thinking that way."
She laughed and got up. "I'm going to see why my boyfriend insists on beating up Johnny Christ."