Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

52

The next few days passed pretty quickly and as I woke up in Christmas Eve, I couldn't help but feel a little excited.
I had spent the past few days at Brian's and he and I had decided that I would go home later this evening to spend some time with my dad – if he was sober, which I doubted would happen – and then I would go to Brian's tomorrow morning to exchange gifts before going to his parent's for dinner with his family.
"Merry Christmas Eve, baby."
I giggled and turned to hug him. "Merry Christmas Eve to you, too, Syn."
He looked at me in surprise. "You never call me that."
I shrugged. "Everyone else in the world knows you as Syn, or Synyster fucking Gates, so I figure I shouldn't ruin the novelty of it."
He shook his head at me with a small smile. "That makes absolutely no sense."
"I know." I laughed before kissing the corner of his mouth. "I'm hungry."
"Well, let's go eat then."
We got out of bed and I stole a pair of his boxers and one of his tee shirts, pulling it down my body as I followed him down the hall. He went into the kitchen and pointed rudely to the table with an ordered, "Sit."
"But I can help – "
"Sit."
Huffing, I pulled out one of the chairs and plopped myself down as he started pulling random things out of the fridge and cupboard, loading them onto the counter as he hummed quietly.
"What are you making?"
"As far as I can remember, every year my mom would get up Christmas morning to make this for us. I don't know where it came from, or what it's actually called but she always referred to it as 'Christmas breakfast'. Since I moved out, I would still make sure to go early in the morning for it, or I'd spend the night before at my folks, just because it's like a tradition. But this year, I'm making it for you."
I grinned and suggested excitedly, "It's like a new tradition."
"Exactly."
"So I'm guessing this new tradition means that you'll be the one cooking for me on Christmas every year?"
He nodded, turning to wink at me. "Got it in one. We're gonna be making a lot of new traditions, Katie; just you and me, and I'll give you everything."
I literally felt my heart melt at his words and I wondered what he would say if I told him that he didn’t have to give me anything because he was my everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
I WISH my bf was this sweet! Argh