Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

Nine.

"I can’t believe we’re going to see Avenged fucking Sevenfold.” Jen screamed, skipping down the road alongside Emma and me as we walked back to Emma’s house to get ready.
It was Friday afternoon and in a little less than four hours, we would be at Fusion for the best concert in the world. I could hardly control my excitement, and neither could Jen. Emma, however, had been unusually silent all day.
Walking beside her, I looked at her and saw her head was down, her eyes focused on the ground as we walked.
“Hey.” I bumped my shoulder against hers. “Why so glum, chum?”
She sighed. “I’m so fucking nervous.”
I frowned. “Why?”
“Because I’m going to meet Zacky Vengeance. And not just him – I’m going to meet the guys of my favorite band in the whole world. What if I totally blank and stammer and make a complete idiot of myself?”
I gaped at her in astonishment. “Am I seeing things? Is the Emily Ryan feeling insecure about something?”
She rolled her eyes and huffed, hugging her books closer to her chest. “Forget I said anything.”
I sighed and put my arm around her shoulders. “Emma, don’t be silly. You won’t blank or stammer or anything. When you meet Zacky and all of the other guys, you will be yourself and everything will be fine.”
“But it’s Zacky Vengeance.” She whined. “I’ve been in love with him for years. Fuck, I’d have his babies.”
I laughed at her. “That’s charming, Em.”
“It’s true. I love him.”
“Look, don’t worry about trying to impress him – or any of the guys. I’m sure they want to meet us, the real us – not crazy fans who drool and all that shit. Just don’t tell him the creepy ‘I love you and want to have your babies’ thing and he’ll be cool with you.”
She looked at me with suspicion. “How do you know?”
I shrugged. “Just guessing, I guess.”
She nodded and laughed when Jen yelled to us, “Will you two hurry the hell up? I need to do my hair and everything and you two take forever to get ready!”
I looked and saw she was standing near the end of the street we were walking on, her hands on her hips as she waited impatiently.
I looked back at Emma and grabbed her hand as we both started running to catch up with Jen.

I sat on the floor, straightening my hair again in front of the wall length mirror in Emma’s room while Jen stomped her feet and whined outside the closed bathroom door.
“Emma, come on.” She groaned. “How long does it honestly take to redo your hair and make-up?”
“Just a minute, I’ll be done right away.” Emma shouted through the door.
Jen took a step back and took a deep breath before pounding on the door. “Hurry the fuck up!”
There was an answering pound from the other side as Emma screamed, “Wait a fucking minute. God!”
I laughed at them, watching in the mirror as Jen flopped down on the bed to watch me.
She smiled. “You look like you’re trying to impress someone.”
I shrugged. “I don’t know.”
She narrowed one eye at me and smirked. “Maybe a certain guitar player? Like…Synyster Gates, perhaps?”
I smirked back at her, knowing she was right. I was trying to impress him, even though I had already met him. But I really did like him – and not just because he was a rock star, or the lead guitarist in my favorite band, but because he was really good looking and really nice and sweet and funny. He was everything I had imagined he would be even before I had met him.
The bathroom door opened and Emma appeared, storming past the bed to her closet as she snapped, “It’s all yours.”
Jen jumped up and ran in there, holding all her stuff in her arms as she closed the door.
“You’re ready fast.” Emma remarked, pulling her new outfit out of the closet.
I shrugged. “I don’t move as slow as you guys.”
She fake laughed and I stuck my tongue out at her through the mirror before finishing my hair. Then I stood and pulled my shirt down, asking her if I looked okay.
My jeans were low and tight with holes everywhere, accompanied by a black leather belt with silver studs all over it. The belt buckle was large and shaped like a deathbat that was, obviously, the band’s logo. I wore a black Avenged Sevenfold tee shirt that was supposed to be a boy’s shirt, but I had got it extra small so it was pretty tight across my chest. My left hand was adorned with a black, fishnet glove that had no fingers and rose up to my elbow. I had thought it was cute and it effectively covered the scars inside my wrist. A few thick chain bracelets circled my right wrist, as there were as many scars on that side. Added with my black Chucks, I thought I looked okay.
“Katiekins, you look ready to rock.” Emma told me and I smiled before sitting on the bed to wait for the other two to be ready.