Black Sheep

Chapter Two- Hello

The platform was crowded and I moved through the other students awkwardly, following Draco. He looked to me like a movie star walking the red carpet as he waved and grinned his famous smirk to the other students, taking care to snub certain people. "Draco!" I heard a boy's voice call and turned, along with Draco, to see a tall boy with brown eyes and hair waving us over. I looked up at Draco and he ushered me over to the boy wordlessly. I guess it was time already to attempt to make new friends.

"Blaise! How was your summer, mate?" he asked the boy who shrugged and grinned, saying that it was a usual summer. When the boy looked to me quizzically, Draco said, "Oh! This is my sister, Melanie. She transferred from Beaxbatons." He nudged me a bit towards the boy and I hesitantly offered my hand.

"Hi, there." I said and forced a small smile. The boy took my hand and shook it lightly. "Hi." he replied. "I'm Blaise. Draco talks about you sometimes. Its cool to finally meet you."

Draco looked proud that I hadn't done something stupid and ruined my chances of befriending Blaise... but, there certainly was still time. "Alright, let's get on the train." he said and gestured us aboard. "Where are Crabbe and Goyle?" He and Blaise were moving more quickly than I was since they were looking for someone and I was distracted by all of the people around me. Somehow, I got separated from them. Of course.

Once the hallway cleared a bit, I was told to take a seat by a lady with a cart. Awkwardly, I knocked on the door of one of the seating places. I peeked my head in and murmured, "Hi, uhm.. could I sit here with you guys?" I felt my face flush as one of the boys, a red-haired one, furrowed his brows together, leaned forward and asked, "What? I didn't hear you."

I cleared my throat and raised my voice a bit. "I, uh, I got lost from my brother and I was told I have to sit- Could I sit here?" I repeated. Each of them smiled and a girl with bushy hair moved over in her seat to make room for me. "Of course." she said. I returned their smiles and took a seat.

"I haven't seen you around before. What's your name?" the cute boy with dark hair asked me. "I'm Melanie." I said, quietly.

He smiled. "I'm Harry. Its nice to meet you." The girl said her name was Hermoine and the red-haired boy said his name was Ron.

"What house are you in?" I explained that I transferred from Beauxbatons and he nodded. "Oh, that would explain it. What house do you think you're going to get in?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Well, I want to get into Slytherin like my brother but I don't really think- Well, I don't really have the Slytherin personality traits so I'm not sure what house I'll be in." I said but bit my bottom lip when they all seemed a little off-put by my answer. "Er, what house are you guys in?"

"Gryffindor." they all replied at once. I smiled. "Oh. Well, maybe I'll be a Gryffindor. Who knows?" I said. They seemed a bit more at ease now, thankfully. I really didn't want to make people dislike me before I even entered the school.

"Who is your brother?" Harry asked.

I smiled, assuming they probably knew him. "Draco Malfoy." I realized that the Harry I was talking to was Harry Potter when each of their faces contorted into confused and uncomfortable expressions. Great.

"Well, er... unexpected.." Harry replied after a moment of uneasy silence. I didn't respond. I figured I'd already messed things up enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
[PUT ON HIATUS BECAUSE THE GIRL I WAS WRITING ABOUT IS INACTIVE.]