Status: Active

Drown the City

We Can Do Anything

Jamie.
I took a seat toward the back of our homeroom and waited for Alex to come in so I could apologize. I looked around the room to see if anyone had changed over the summer. Most of the people looked the same. I saw one new face in the sea of fresh seniors. One very cute new face. He caught my eye and smiled. I waved and glanced toward the door to see Alex walk in wth a confused look on his face. He sat down in his seat in front of me and turned to face me.
"I'm sorry." I said before he could open his mouth.
"Why?" he asked, puzzled.
"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I was just mad."
"You have every right to be mad..." he said looking down. I put my hand on his shoulder.
"Come over after school and we'll talk." I whispered. He nodded and began to look around as I had done before. I looked back to the boy I saw earlier to see that he was looking at me as well. He was talking with John, a nerdy kid who paid too much attention to everyone else's business.
"Jamie!" Alex yelled in my face, once again.
"What?!" I yelled back. Everyone had stopped what they were doing and stared at us.
"Fuck off." I hissed. Alex laughed.
"Ok what?" I repeated, only quieter.
"You were zoning out again." he stated quickly before turning to see what I was looking at. He glanced back at me and shook his head.
"Way to pick them, Ry."
I shoved his shoulder hard.
"Shut up, dickface. He's cute."
"I'm cuter." he said with a pout on his face.
"And you have a big ego."
Alex crossed his arms and stuck out his bottom lip. The bell rang and he turned around in his seat before the teacher could yell at him. The teacher yelled at everyone else instead.
I glanced at that boy again and was immediately sent into a fit of giggles. Alex faced me with a look of amusement. I kept giggling and shrugged my shoulders when he asked what was wrong with me.
"Ms. Jennings, is there something you'd like to share with the rest of us?" the teacher growled.
My giggles ceased.
"No sir!" I saluted.
The class started laughing when I did this. I lowered my hand from my head when the teacher pointed at the door. I frowned and grabbed my backpack.
"Fucking douche." I whispered to Alex as I made my way to the front of the class.
"What was that?" the teacher hissed.
"Nothing." I smiled sweetly. Mr. Bone was shaking his head and still pointing at the door.
"Stop making me send you to the office every time we have homeroom." He said while pulling my schedule out of a folder and handing it to me.
I nodded my head and walked out the door with one last silly face at Alex. I watched my dirty black converse scuff the floor and kept my head down the entire walk to the office. I pretty much looked like a trouble maker. My 'first day of school' attire screamed that. I had on ripped, skinny jeans, black converse and my favorite black v-neck that said "Blow Kisses, Not Coke".
I stepped into the office and greeted the secretaries with a smile.
"On the first day?" one asked.
"Yep."
"I'll let Mr. Littleton know you're here."
I nodded and sat in a chair next to the office. I looked around and smiled at the new students standing in the office for registration.
Starting off this year in the office is going to suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback??? :D