Status: (sexually) active.

Free Falling

Prologue

She shoved her duffle bag in the overhead bin and tightened her ponytail before squeezing past the already sleeping senior and the business man. Placing her backpack under the seat in front of her. She sat by the window and took in her last glance at the east coast she would have after two years of calling it home. She sighed and slid the window shut, being overwhelmed with a melancholy feeling. She wouldn't be coming home if people didn't ask her to come home. They needed her there. And that meant bucking it up and being in the same room as him. A feat she hadn't completed in years nor wanted to complete for the years to come. But duty called. Besides she was lucky enough to be making a detour before getting home. Meaning she would miss seeing him by a day, leading to the whole month drama free and free of him.

Pulling out her iPod to use as a distraction she put on her headphones and put on her airplane playlist. Just as she was being engulfed by the sounds of Tom Petty, the man next to her tapped on her shoulder.

"You like Tom Petty?" He inquired.

"What's not to like? I grew up on this guy"

"Most teenagers aren't into a lot of older artist unless their trying to be hipster."

"Hipster? I'm impressed most suits don't know what that means." She stated incredulously.

"A suit? I haven't heard that one in a while. So what's taking you all the way to big bad LA?"

"Well home is in Arizona but my brother and his band are home until tomorrow and I don't want to be there for my mom's cry fest she cried enough when she came to my graduation and to take my stuff home. Besides my friends are taking me to a Jimmy Eat World concert as a graduation present!"

"There's no way you're old enough to have graduated from college."

"No I graduated high school, I got a soccer scholarship to Solomon Academy in upstate New York."

"You must be pretty good to be going across the country for soccer."

"I did get a full ride to play at Boston college but I also got one at Arizona State, so I took the one closer to home. I'm just mad I missed the University of Portland cut by one girl!"

"That's pretty impressive." he glanced down at her iPod again, "You have U2 on there too? Now I want to know what other crazy artists you have on your iPod." She laughed at his ADHD but replied nonetheless.

"Well of course I have the necessities, Petty, U2, Jimmy Eat World, Death Cab, and The Maine"

"People listen to The Maine? I told my boss it was a good idea to sign them."

"Wait, you work for Warner Bros. records?" Excitement filled her words.

"Yup, I'm the guy who approves what bands move onto signing consideration after talent scouts show them to me."

"So basically you get to go listen to bands, and decide whether you like them or not?"

"It's a bit more complicated than that, but basically"

"That's so cool! I'd love that job so much"

"It is the reason I know Petty and Death Cab and The Maine."

"You know Tom fucking Petty and Death Cab?!? You're officially like the coolest person I've ever met!" She borderline yelled resulting in dirty looks from the surrounding passengers.

"We are now descending to LAX International Airport, please turn off and stow all electronic devices and move your seats to the full upright position." The stewardess said through the overhead speakers. The girl sighed at the thought of being closer to home.

She turned off her iPod and began to gather her things as the planes wheels touched ground. Unbuckling her seatbelt even though the stewardess suggested leaving it on until the plane was at a complete stop. Not that seatbelt really saves anyone in a plane crash, the best it can do is keep you stuck in a chair while you plummet to your death.

Noticing her obvious dislike of the end of the journey, the man once again spoke, "For someone finally getting home you don't seem too happy."

"Let's just say soccer wasn't the only thing taking and keeping me on the other side of the country."

"In that case, since it was a pleasure talking to you as a parting I'll give you my card and feel free to drop by or send me an email so I can hook you up with some cool stuff." He handed her his card. "Hope you have a safe trip home..." He struggled for her name.

"Aryn, Aryn Kirch."
♠ ♠ ♠
Had this idea for a while hope you enjoy!
P.S. This is set in last summer around the time Black and White came out.

Comment and subscribe!