Status: (sexually) active.

Free Falling

Nine.

The first thing Aryn heard that morning was her cell phone playing an obnoxious ringtone. She looked at the time seeing it was 9 AM. She groaned some more before answering her phone. Regretting not turning it off last night to avoid the hangover induced headache. 

"Hello." 

"Aryn where are you?!?! We have our dance recital and we have to get there at 10:30 and I can't get my outfit on!"

"Ugh. Fine I'll be there soon..."

"And don't forget your outfit."

"Oh how could I forget. See you soon love." Aryn hung up before getting up clutching her temples from her headache.

After a hard struggle to the bathroom Aryn took some Advil and looked in the mirror. She didn't recognize the girl in front of her. She was pale, had bags under her eyes which were emotionless, even her hair was lackluster. She looked away and took a quick shower to wash away the scent of rejection and booze.

Once Aryn was done with her shower she filled her purse with a change of clothes before staring at the outfit for the dance recital. She shuddered looking at the blue leotard and purple tutu. She now regretted ever volunteering to take Mama Nickelsen's spot in mother-daughter ballet class with Lilly. And with her hangover at the moment being in a room full of squealy little girls was less than ideal. But Aryn was the nice girl and being such meant making a few sacrifices. Like wearing a ridiculous outfit to please a little girl.

She got into her mom's mini van driving over to the Nickelsen home. When she pulled up she realized that the Maine was here and came in John's pickup truck. She internally groaned realizing they'd all see her in this ridiculous getup. So she took no chances of anyone else seeing her like this by sprinting towards the door and rudely barging in the house.

"What the hell are you wearing?" John burst into laughter at the sight of the girl causing the rest of the boys to come in and laugh upon seeing Aryn. Garrett couldn't even keep his icy cold glare once he saw Aryn.

"Shut up it's for Lilly I'm being a good-"

"Aryn! You look so pretty! But you gots to help me I can't get in my outfit." Lilly yelled from the top of the stairs, Aryn racing upstairs to avoid the rest of the ridicule.

"Where's your outfit I don't want to be late."

"It's right here." She handed it to Aryn who started helping her in the outfit. "Do you think Jared will come watch us dance Ary."

"I don't know Lills maybe if you ask him nicely."'Aryn chuckled at the girl's crush.

"Okay!" The girl sped off downstairs with her leotard half on and Aryn holding her tutu, leaving her to chase after her.

"Hey Lilly let's get your shirt on, this isn't 'Girls Gone Wild: Elementary Edition'." Aryn came in to see Garret pulling the straps over his sister's shoulders.

"Thanks Gary do you and Jared want to come watch us?"

"What I don't get an invite!" Pat pouted at the little girl.

"Well you can all come too... But I really want Gary and Jared to come." Aryn laughed at her honesty.

"Of course I'll come, I don't want to miss Aryn in that ridiculous outfit." Jared said.

"Well I have the mini van so I can be the soccer mom and take you all there. But first Lilly has to look as ridiculous as me and put on her tutu." 

All the boys nodded and followed Aryn once Lilly was fully dressed. They all drove to the dance studio and walked in to see a lot of little girls and older ladies in the room.

"What's with all the Milfs?" John asked.

"This is a mommy-daughter dance class. I'm taking Mama Nickelsen's place for this... Do you know how long it took for me to convince these women that I wasn't Lilly's mom? Like ten classes, do you realize that all these women seemed convinced that I had given birth to a child when I was 12! That was like a year before I even started my period!" Aryn groaned.

"Yeah but since you're young it means you can jump and stuff so we be the stars of the show." Lilly shouted.

The boys sat and waited for the show to start watching everyone warm up. Once it started they spent 45 minutes watching little girls trip over their own feet and spin around while their moms' looked just as ridiculous. Although the boys all agreed that Aryn did look the most graceful even with the absurd choreography. After it was over Lilly ran over to Jared hugging him tightly moving over to Garrett. Aryn came back changed out of her leotard  while Lilly ran to talk to some of her friends.

"I'm really glad you did this for her, that smile on her face was worth those ridiculous outfits." Aryn laughed.

"I may complain but she deserves to be like that." She pointed to the girl who was turning towards them.

"Daddy!!!" She screamed running towards Aryn or more to the man behind her. In shock Aryn turned around to see the man scooping up the little girl, was not Garrett.

"Hey princess you were so good" He planted kisses all around her face. "Garrett good to see you son" He patted the boy on the shoulder.

"I didn't know you were coming home today Mr. Nickelsen."

"I wasn't but I realized I've been making you babysit for too long and I missed my kids, in fact how about I take you all out for ice cream." They all cheered following him out towards his car.

"Sorry to interrupt, but can I take Aryn from you guys? I mean we had plans since I'm leaving tomorrow but apparently she has forgotten me for ice cream."

"Eric! Oh my gosh I forgot. Here Pat take the keys I'll go in Eric's car." She tossed her brother the keys before going off with Halvo.

"Thank you so much from saving me from the most awkward time I would ever have."

"Well you owe me big but hey you, me , and some super liberal movies will make our last hours together the bomb!" They both laughed before pulling up to the Kirch house.

"Go get some snacks I'll pick a movie." Eric said walking towards the TV.

"Change of plans Halvs, Mama told me to upload this memory card on the computer, it's the Aryn '08 movies."

"Well is that really a good idea I mean that wasn't really a good year for anyone."

"It can't be that bad." She replied inserting the memory card into her Mac.

"Guys just wait she'll be here soon!"

"Gracie Lynn put the camera down and stop filming us!" Garrett yelled.

"Well broski I have to film your whole career so my double documentary on The Maine and soccer star slash sister-in-law Aryn Kirch is not only accurate but successful as well."

"We're not getting married, we're not even dating!" Grace shook the camera no and began panning around the room.

"What's taking her so long anyways?" 

"I don't know where the AK-47 is... Remind me to call her that when we're 47!" A melodic laugh came from behind the camera.
 

Eric reached to turn it off but Aryn slapped his hand.

"Omigod Omigod Omigod! Gracie guess who I just got a letter from." A younger flat chested Aryn walked in.

"What did the National team say they need you to abandon me earlier this summer. I mean between you being a soccer star and the boys touring or recording or whatever I should just hop a train and join a circus so I can have fun this summer too."

"One you don't hop trains to join the circus anymore and secondly I just got offered a full ride to the Solomon academy in New York!!!!" Aryn screamed jumping around the camera was thrust into John's hands as Gracie got to go up and jump around and scream with her best friend.

It was the first time you saw the girl in all her glory. She was about 5'7 already, but it wasn't all legs like most tall girls. Her hair was shoulder length and auburn, but the real kind no dyed hair. She wasn't stick thin like Aryn, but since she had perfect curves boys flocked towards her. Even on camera Grace Nickelsen had a glow about her, a presence that made everyone smile and full of life. Watching her jump around with Aryn you could feel it.

"I mean I can't go what about me and you? There won't be a you and me rivalry on the field!"

"Fuck that! This could open so many doors for you! In the big picture you could get into University of Portland and I could go for science like I want to and cheer you on the whole way, forget the little picture, the big picture will keep us BFF that go to college together and I'll finally convince you to marry my brother." Gracie screamed.

"But-"

"But nothing you know if I wasn't here you'd jump on that chance, so as you're best friend I'm just telling you this isn't just something you want, it's something I want for you!"


Aryn shut the computer fast.

"You're right this was a bad idea." 

"It will be okay, let's just watch our movie and eat all these chips." He said pulling her into his side.

"What am I gonna do when you leave?"

"I don't know, maybe work out those personal issues or play so much soccer you forget about them. But can you promise me something."

"Yeah anything for you."

"Promise, pinky promise that when I get back you'll at least tell Garrett why." He stuck out his pinky.

"I don't know how long are you gone?..." She laughed linking her pinky with his.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to thank my commenters Forevernalways Lovelyhope roll_your_eyes_at_me and especially Dreamingyouhere who mentioned my story in her last author's note! So to return the favor you should all go read her story You Got Me!

So comments from all would rule! Especially you silent readers, your opinion matters too even if only comment on one chapter!