Status: (sexually) active.

Free Falling

Eleven.

"Yeah dad I should be able to go visit mom,Pat just wants to talk to the band this morning so I should be there by the afternoon. Is Trey there?" Garrett said talking to his dad while getting dressed to go meet the band. 

"He got here last night and stayed in the hotel with me and the girls. He's going to drop them off at home but he has plans tonight so Aryn is going to watch the girls tonight while you're here and Alicia is off wherever. Make sure you get here your mom's been asking about you."

"Of course dad I really want to see her it's been months."

"See you later son love you."

"Yeah love you too." Garrett hung up the phone.

Garrett got in his car wondering why Pat needed to talk to him about that couldn't wait, it was cutting into his mom time. He got to the house but none of the other guys cars were there yet. He walked right in and saw Aryn's friend sitting on the couch watching TV, Pat no where in sight.

"Hey Garrett, Pat had to go pick up Kennedy so he'll be back in a bit, you can take a seat I don't bite." She laughed patting the couch.

"Okay, when are you leaving."

"Well I can go upstairs if you don't want me around..."

"No I meant heading to California."

"Oh! I leave after Aryn and I get lunch, she says I can't go to college in SoCal if I'm an In N' Out virign."

"Well that's one thing she's right about."

"Mr. Nickelsen, I like you but you really don't have to hold your grudge against her, she really cares about you, and apology or not you know she feels guilty."

"If you know so much why did she stop calling or coming home when she cares so much about me?"

"She didn't talk about Arizona. All I knew about Arizona and her was that she was friends with the Summer Set and she broke some guy's heart. She can't listen to one of her favorite Death Cab songs, 'Summer Skin', without crying because she felt like she was that girl who left the boy. She even calls that stupid bracelet with your name on it her lucky bracelet. If that doesn't mean she feels bad and still cares then I don't know what does."

"Wearing a cheap piece of leather doesn't  mean you  still care about someone."

"If I remember correctly, when I met you guys in Albany you had the same kind of bracelet on,"

"That doesn't mean anything you can buy those bracelets anywhere."

"But since I stalk you guys as well I know instead of that bracelet you have three hearts tattooed on your arm and next to your name on her bracelet are three hearts."

"Three hearts? That's such a small thing you can't just assume two cosmically small things are connected."

"Well I may have been too stupid to connect that Aryn and you both wore those bracelets and that you were the boy causing a lot emotional problems for her but you knew didn't you."

"Knew what?"

"You knew I was talking about Aryn. When I said my friend from Arizona who ditched me had the same bracelet, you knew Aryn couldn't come backstage with me and see you. You took off the bracelet after I said that, you never wear it in any pictures or videos after that. You thought Aryn would come and visit you and she would see that bracelet and you'd forgive each other because back then you thought you did something wrong too. But when I said she ditched me you gave up."

"What gives you the right to just assume things about my life I don't even know you." Garrett replied defensively.

"I don't know you either, in fact I'm as about as unbiased on this situation as you can get. I don't know anything about what happened. But if this grudge is just to make her feel your pain then you're beating a dead horse because she went through enough pain because of you over the last two years. And if you still care for her at all I'd stop this nonsense now because at this point you can still get her back, but if you keep this up much longer you're just going to help her get over you. But I'm just an outside viewer I can't tell you how to live your life." 

"Damn right you can't" Garrett mumbled.

"Sorry my shower took so long we can go to lunch now, hey Garrett what are you doing here?" Aryn said running down the stairs. 

"Your brother told me to meet him here but Carrie said he had to pick up Kenny first."

"And pass a Chipotle without eating there? All he's gonna tell you is you guys are playing a secret show tonight so don't make any plans."

"A show tonight?"

"Yes. Go to Chipotle if you think otherwise... See you tonight." Aryn waved before walking with Carrie outside, leaving Garrett alone and confused.

"What were you and Gar talking about?" Aryn asked as they drove to lunch.

"His feelings and you."

"Oh so you were talking about hate and loathing?" Carrie parked her van and they went in the restaurant.

"That was a good one, but no, I just said I don't know the backstory so I can't really take sides, but if he keeps it up he won't have you as a friend even." They ordered their food and sat down.

"I guess that's true but he's just so mean now. I'm not even sure if I want to ever date him anymore, I just want the forgiveness so maybe I can get some fucking closure." Aryn got up to grab their meals.

"Jesus fucking Christ this is good!" Carrie screamed.

"Told you it was great! Now you also know what to order so you don't look like an idiot."

"It's good to see you eating so much." Carrie pointed to Aryn's milkshake, burger and fries.

"Carrie don't start this,"

"What bulimia is a recurring  illness and especially with all that's going on here I'm surprised you haven't gone back to old habits."

"I only was bulimic because of those girls."

"I have a feeling that it didn't only have to do with the skinny ass girls we lived with."

"Well that was a big part of it, I mean I wasn't pretty or anything but it might of also had something to do with the skinny bitches Garrett was dating... Maybe just a little bit,"

"See you do have an inferiority complex, you don't think you're good enough when you definitely are."

"I hate that stupid psychology class you took, let's talk about John Oh and his love for you instead, no more talking about me."

"Good but before we stop talking about you I need to know who's the best kisser? John, Kennedy, or Garrett?" Aryn turned bright red.

"Um... Well... It's probably John, it's like his lips were made for kissing, he's just so good at it. Kennedy is better  at being sweet and planning dates and stuff and Garrett, he's good at being cutely awkward and funny."

"So assumably the one who flirted with me is the best in bed?"

"Assumably, aren't you dating Tyler Goodman though?"

"Not anymore,  if we're meant to be like everyone says then we'll find our way back to each other, we have a lot in common there. That and the fact you look super adorable with Tyler too!"

"Why do you always try and set me up with the love of your life! I have enough boy problems!"

"Come on you guys make beautiful music together, when you played piano and sang that duet with him while he played drums it was magical! You two seemed in love, what is your guys' song again?"

"Okay we're just good at playing with emotion we had to put on a good show, and it's called My Only Offer by Mates of States."

"Oh yeah good song! Anyways I should go even though I don't want to miss that concert, you should take some of my advice and if that doesn't work, then go have hot sex with some random guy."

"Because that always works out..."

"Well it couldn't get much worse..." She laughed before hugging her best friend and leaving.

Later that night Aryn found herself in a crowd of teenage  girls, by herself. This was the first Maine show she had come to in a year and the first in Arizona without Gracie  to scream along with her.  It made her feel a little dizzy and claustrophobic. She was here for her brother but also she needed to be out and about. If she hadn't told Alicia she wasn't going to miss the concert she would be on babysitting duty right now. Too bad she was too nice and told Alicia she would stay the night to babysit so Alicia, Garrett, and Trey could go out. Meaning after the concert Aryn would be the overnight babysitter while the Nickelsen siblings actually lived normal lives. Before Aryn could bum herself out completely, the opening act came on stage.  Thanks to Carrie and the hours she forced Aryn into watching The Maine tour videos, Aryn recognized the man onstage as Austin Gibbs. He was enjoyable and slightly attractive which made Aryn forget everything and allowed herself to just be sucked into the music.

Aryn then saw Trey Nickelsen join Austin on stage, reminding Aryn she needed to try and get backstage now before the hoards of girls tried to do the same. Normally Aryn would be all for watching from the crowd, since it was such an exhilarating experience; now it was something that would force her to look at Garrett every now and then or even the chance of some very angry eye contact. So she opted out for some side stage viewing where she could stand on the side Garrett tended not to be on and worst comes to worst sit in the dressing room.

"Excuse me miss, do you have a backstage pass." A large bouncer asked as she tried to walk backstage.

"No but I'm Aryn Kirch. The Maine's drummer is my brother."

"You're not a girlfriend? Creative excuse but no dice, you can turn around." Aryn sighed.

"Aryn! I thought you weren't coming? It's okay Ron she's my sister."

"You're really a Kirch?" The man looked at her, "I guess you are, you got the nose." She smiled before following her brother to the dressing room where the boys started singing their 'We like to party' chant.

"Seeester! You made it I'm so glad you came!" Pat ran over tightly hugging his sister.

"I don't get to see you often so I'm taking advantage of the situation." She smiled looking around the room only to see Garrett's demeanor changing from pumped to melancholy. "Have a good show guys!" She yelled after them as they began to file out of the room.

Aryn stood on Kennedy's side of the stage watching the show. Garrett moved about the stage making it harder for Aryn to ignore him completely and just watch the show. Still, she couldn't help but admire the boys and their charisma on stage.

"So you're the sister I've heard about aren't you? Aryn right?"

"Yeah that's me. You're Austin right? Nice job earlier you really got the crowd going me included."

"You were in the crowd earlier? How did I miss your pretty face." He grinned.

"In a sea of girls you think you would have seen me? I didn't know Arizona boy flirting has become so cliched?"

"Flirting? Oh I have no chance with a girl like you, I mean you're gonna get educated and you're athletic you wouldn't want anything to do with me." Aryn laughed.

"Well that may be true but you obviously haven't heard I'm into Arizona musicians." She giggled twirling her hair, not understanding what was coming over her. Maybe it was the attention from an attractive boy or maybe spunky Aryn decided to come to the concert, but whatever it was she was flirting back.

"Maybe sometime I could take you to a show or something," Austin smiled putting his arm around Aryn's shoulder as she nodded looking back towards the stage.

That's the first time Garrett looked over to the opposite side of stage. Seeing Aryn singing along and laughing with Austin. But that wasn't what really bothered him, it was the fact that a guy she just met had his arm around her. He began to realize that Aryn didn't care for him anymore when she could easily get another musician boy.  Throughout the show he would look over and Aryn would twirl her hair and laugh or rather giggle at whatever Austin said. Garrett may have been dumb when it came to girls but he recognized flirting when he saw it. As soon as the last chord rang out Garrett took off his bass and just dropped it on the ground for someone else to pick up, everyone else just looked at him in shock knowing he would never do that unless something was wrong. Garrett  stormed outside in the back where he could be alone, or at least alone as he could be until fans began to shuffle outside and to the back.

"Are you okay Gar?" Garrett turned around.

"I didn't even wan to play this stupid, fucking concert I just wanted to visit my mom!  And why are you the one out here isn't Austin missing a chance to make out with you?"

"Is that why you're angry? Because I was hanging out with Austin? I just met him and you know what? It feels good to have a guy like me when all I hear from you is shit." Aryn began to get angry.

"Yeah well I'm the only one, everyone else just feels bad for you and it's not fucking fair because this is your fucking fault, nobody is on my fucking side!"

"I don't want them on my side because it is my fault it's all my fucking fault! And I'm so sorry because I'm a terrible person, but you won't just accept the fact that I'm back and I'm sorry. Sure I left but I was so upset, I couldn't be here you have to understand that." Aryn was on the verge of tears now.

"Why do you have the right to act like that? I was upset too because she was my God damn sister! But you shouldn't have been so upset because Gracie wasn't even your fucking sister!" Garrett yelled at her as the boys began to shuffle out to see the commotion.

"Don't you dare say that!" Aryn slapped Garrett across the face. "Don't you dare say that I had no fucking right to feel bad because you know as well as I do that Gracie was my rock, she was practically my sister. And as for having no right to be so upset... Last time I checked you didn't watch Gracie get shot in the fucking face!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone shocked?

I want your feedback and predictions!

And also thanks a million and a half for the 6 stars you've given me!!!