Status: (sexually) active.

Free Falling

Fifteen.

"Aryn are you ready to go?" Pat asked his sister who was lying on her bed.

"For what?"

"Mama Nickelsen's homecoming! You have to come, besides it's like ten billion degrees out and we get to swim in their pool."

"I'm coming I'm coming, just let me put on my bathing suit." Aryn grabbed her bikini and threw it on pulling a tank top and some shorts over her outfit before running downstairs and to John's truck that was waiting to take them.

"Hey Aryn. Glad you finally became the girl and take longer than everyone else." John laughed as she buckled her seatbelt.

"Be nice O'Callaghan." Piper snapped.

Once they got to the Nickelsen house, the commotion was visible. The neighbors were beginning to come with food and all the Maine mothers were busy arranging food once they made it to the back yard.

"Garret go offer Aryn a drink" Piper whispered to him pointing to Aryn who was talking to Lilly.

"Hey Air do you want something to drink?" 

"Um sure some lemonade sounds nice thanks Gary." She gave a forced smile and sat down next to Spencer. "So Spencer who's the cutie you're staring at over there?"

"Am I that obvious?" She groaned her blush growing. "That's Trevor he live a block away. I think he likes me but I'm not sure I mean I skateboard with him but I think I may be in the friend zone forever."

"Wait, is he a Monroe? I used to date his older brother. You're fine they like girls that they can just hang out with, so I want you to scoot your little butt over there and talk to him."

"But what if I say something stupid?"

"Just be yourself I mean judging from the looks your getting from him I don't think it'll be a big deal." 

"Really he's looking over here? Okay I'll go over there." Spencer got up walking over to the boy.

"See Gar there's an open seat there go give her a drink and some fruit and just talk about anything." Kennedy said pushing Garrett over there.

"But what if I say something embarrassing?"

"You practically dated the girl for a year! You've known her since you were 7! You'll be fucking fine dumbass, I've dated her too and just hanging out with her is something she likes trust me." Garrett sighed before taking a seat next to Aryn.

"Here's your lemonade."

"Finally! I thought you fell in the pool or something."

"Haha... I got you some fruit too if you want some."

"Thanks Gar but I have a date later so I don't really want to eat a lot, don't want to be that girl who doesn't eat on a date."

"A date? With who?"

"Mason Sheppard. We have free Nike swag day, apparently our team is off academic probation last year so this year we get a shit ton of free Nike stuff and I don't know where the warehouse is so he's taking me to dinner first."

"The warehouse? That sounds like the kind of place you get raped at."

"That's what I thought but Liza told me to go so I feel safe, and if I'm in trouble you'll be the first I call."

"Fair enough. What do you keep looking at over there? Is there someone else you'd rather be talking to, because I'm a little offended." He pouted.

"I'm just looking at your little sister... Spencer has a huge crush on Trevor Monroe, and look how cute they are flirting!"

"Spencer and a boy?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes and I love it... She's thirteen don't make a big deal about it. And you should get me some more lemonade like a gentleman." Garrett rolled his eyes but got up none the less.

"How's it going man?" John asked. As Garrett walked up to the group of guys.

"Terrible. She has a date with that Mason kid later and she didn't really put effort into our conversation."

"Of course she didn't you were over there for like five minutes." Jared added. "But that date part sucks sorry man."

"Don't feel bad for him Jared, he sort of deserves it. But look she's in her swim suit now, so why don't you let me a John- the ex boyfriends- go over and chat with her. Then you come by strutting your stuff, keep your shirt off and show off the guns, we'll be like your wingmen!" Kennedy added.

"Shirtless John can't be Gar's wingman." Jared said.

"Yeah especially since there's no guns to show off." Garrett whined.

"But you have that sweet Death Cab tattoo that she'll love, but Kennedy and I can go over there talk to her a bit then throw her in the pool, you give her a towel and you got her." John suggested, but before Garrett could protest Kennedy and John were already headed towards the girl.

"Hey Air,are you not going to swim? Because then you have no reason to be in a swim suit." Kennedy laughed.

"I have one week before I get shin guard tan lines so I'm soaking in the last rays of sun so I can keep this gorgeous, dark even tan for as long a poss-"

"Is that a tattoo?!?!" John suddenly yelled pointing at the girl's hip.

"Shhhh. Yes it is don't make a scene Jesus! My parents don't know about them."

"Them? Show us I wanna see them." John said.

"Okay so the one on my hip says Kirchella because people at Solomon started calling me that. And I have one on my ring finger here that says what Gracie said it's based off the song 'What Sarah Said' but since Gracie died I wanted to change it for her. And I have two I can't show you."

"Why not are they in a dirty place?" Kenny laughed.

"Maybe..."

"Oh come on we've both seen it all, show us!" John exclaimed.

"No! You don't get to see them so deal with it." Aryn yelled back, regretting her choice almost immediately. The two boys reached for her limbs and lifted her off the chair before tossing her into the pool while screamed and flailed the whole time. But all her effort were in vain once she was submerged in the pool. 

She resurfaced taking large, exaggerated breaths. The air was filled with yells from mothers who were not happy with the boys actions. Aryn hopped out of the pool and walked into the house ignoring the boy holding a towel out for her.

"I brought your clothes in, and I got you a towel." Garrett timidly said handing Aryn her stuff. He now realized Kenny and John didn't give the best advice because you could practically see steam coming off of her in anger.

"They planned that didn't they? They're such assholes. They probably heard about my date and threw me in the pool so I wouldn't go. They're always trying to make excuses for me to hang out with you, did they put you up to the whole awkward conversation earlier."

"Maybe...  I didn't think it was that awful, I was talking to you."

"See that's Garrett in his own cute awkwardness. That's the Gar I like the one who is so sweet. I bet John told you to do something like strut by shirtless or secretly sneak in my window at night and seduce me." Garrett just looked down. "Oh God they did! I hope you know there's a reason I broke up with both of those guys, and Gar Bear you should know better than to listen to any of the BS they tell you."

"I wasn't going to sneak into your room, you know I can't climb Airy Berry." 

"Aww see we're back to cute nicknames... But I have to go, give me your shirt and tell John we started making out."

"He wouldn't believe that he's probably around the corner listening to us." Aryn laughed and Garrett took his short off for her. 

"Death Cab tat? I did get under your skin" Aryn giggled reaching out to trace the words. An electric current went into her fingers as she ghosted the boys skin. A shiver went through boys spine and goosebumps formed without her even touching him.

"See dear I told you he'd come around." The two jumped. 

"Oh hey Mama N I'm so glad you're back, but I have to go but thanks for having me." Aryn went to hug the woman. On her way out she gave Garrett a hug feeling that electric shock before leaving the house.

And that's when Aryn learned she wasn't quite over Garrett, in fact she wasn't over him at all. She was in way too deep. For the first time in long time Aryn was scared and so did the one thing she was really good at, she started to run.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i didn't spellcheck but i wanted to get this out.

Hope you enjoyed thanks for commenting before and you guys should all comment some more. Comments inspire me and really need some now!