Status: (sexually) active.

Free Falling

Seventeen.

Garrett followed her out of the house. Aryn grabbed her jacket before leaving, slipping it on even though it wasn't that cold or really cold at all. Garrett stopped at the end of the walkway only to see Aryn turn and continue down the street. Once she reached the end of the block before she reached in her jacket pocket, pulling out a box of cigarettes. She lit a cigarette before taking a drag. Garrett looked at Aryn confused; she puffed out smoke in rings.

"I didn't know you smoked." Garrett said putting his hands in his pockets. 

"I don't. Well not cigarettes at least. When I got stressed last year I would smoke pot... I just like the blowing smoke, it all tastes like shit."

"So assumably you're stressed then?"

"Yeah. Just so you know I really have just been busy. I haven't been going out of my way to avoid you. Soccer takes a lot out of a girl and having some heartache doesn't help much."

"Heartache? Don't try and play me Air Fare."

"I always have the best nicknames don't I?" She laughed taking another drag before offering  Garrett the cigarette, he shook his head waiting for her to continue. "Anyways I feel like we never finished."

"We never even started, you ran away before we could even try." 

"Calm down killer, all I was trying to say is I feel like we have unfinished business; an unrequited love you might say."

"You said you didn't want a boyfriend so what is your point?"

"My point is I want to try a real relationship with you, not right now because you're leaving  on tour and soccer is a little much, but when you come back I want there to be an us."

"You want there to be a Garyn?" Garrett smirked at the smoking girl. 

"Yes, because I feel we never tried and until I give us a chance and get some closure there would always be a tiny voice in the back of my mind telling me that you were probably the one and I will never be have a love life without you in it if I don't start Garyn."

"Are you trying to say you have to have a relationship with me in order to date other guys."

"Well when you say it that way it sounds bad, what I'm really trying to say Garrett is that I just want to be with you and I can't think of being with anyone else." Aryn gave a weak smile.

"Really no one else?" She shook her head. "Not John or Kennedy or Gibbs or Mason, just me?" 

She nodded before leaning in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around her before he pulled away.  She leaned up to kiss him but he stepped back. 

"Sorry tobacco mouth I can't kiss you now."

"Fine." She threw the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it. "We can just go back to the house and watch a movie of me in various casts and hear people talk about how funny it was to see me react to the first tome I saw snow and how my winter jacket was a cardigan. And never tell my mother that I just smoked a cigarette."

"Fair enough, but when I go to Moose's  I'm going to tell everyone of your chain smoking problem."
 
"No you can't I'm supposed to be all healthy and shit and Pat would do anything to make me the less perfect child." She shoved Garrett playfully.

"Ugh. You're no fun, I guess you'll just have to show me that sweet Ryan Adams tat in return." He laughed as they walked back into the house taking back their seats.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but hopefully good chapter.

So in other news thank you Lovelyhope for commenting again and she was my only commenter but I'll get over that because I now have 10 freaking stars!!! Thank you all so much and I'm so glad to have such great support. Anyways I'd love some more feedback and thank you all so much!