Status: (sexually) active.

Free Falling

Twenty-five.

Shit. Shit shit shit fucking shit. I can't believe I just said that out loud. What of she doesn't feel the same, what if I ruined everything I've been working for! Garrett's mind raced nervously. He stared at Aryn expectantly as he waited to see what she said. Her mouth opened and shut as she contemplated what to say.

Wait did he say what I think he said. What if he said I love glue or olive oil, and I just wasn't paying good enough attention. And if I didn't hear right do I want to be the first to say something. What the hell I should just say something.

"I love you. But I have a game tomorrow so we should go, I don't want to sleep in a car." What the hell, I'm such a bitchy mood killer!

"Yeah, sure cool." She said it back! He couldn't hide his grin as he leaned in for a kiss.

They drove back to her dorm holding hands but not talking,  neither wanted to acknowledge what had happened. Once they reached the building Aryn kissed Garrett and squeezed his hand before jumping out of the yellow car. 

"I'll see you tomorrow for my game right."

"Of course it's the big rivalry I want to see you kick ass!"

"Okay then see you tomorrow sweetie." She walked off and Garrett drove back home.

•••

"You look different this morning, did you sleep with someone last night?" Natalie, Aryn's roommate said while doing her makeup.

"No, almost but I did tell my boyfriend I loved him." Aryn grinned widely, she wasn't sure why she was telling her roommate this, they barely knew each other.

"Really? That's cute, you're dating that guy from the Maine right, the one with the coppery hair right?"

"Yeah, Garrett he's the bassist."

"That's cool, I hope that new love makes you play even better today."

"You're coming to watch?"

"I come to every home game. I mean I assume you'll come to all my home meets once track season starts."

"Of course! You know we haven't hung out enough do you want to grab a coffee before the game?"

"Are you supposed to be drinking coffee before a game?"

"I'll just have a tea, and you can give me some girl advice."

"Oh good, I was worried we wouldn't go real deep on our first outing together." Aryn laughed as they left their dorm.

They ended up going to an off campus coffee place before they began to talk. Apparently Natalie used play soccer and would compete against Aryn when she would travel Arizona. Natalie was in the same boat as Aryn and got injured before drafting so had to settle for her school.  In fact the two girls were very similar and Aryn was glad to be talking to a girl who didn't know the boys.

"I'm surprised you're virgin, you seem like a real slut." 

"Shut up. At least I've had a boyfriend."

"See I open my soul to you and now you're being a bitch about me sleeping around. When you know you're not going to be with anyone in your high school forever why waste your time dating them when you can just fuck them."

"And I'm the slut?"

"Yeah my sex is cardio so it helps with my running."

"You're so full of shit."

"Okay fine, but since I'm not a virgin I can tell you special or not the first time sucks anyways I say either do it with some random guy or jut fuck Garrett in a car when he's super drunk, then you can blame it on that."

"I want losing my virginity to be special."

"You love him isn't that special enough, just fuck him already." 

"Hey Aryn and friend what are you fine ladies talking about today." Jared interrupted.

"Oh Aryn was just telling me about how she wants to lo-"

"Look into lofting our beds in the dorm." She said glaring at Natalie.

"Oh cool." He answered.

"Jar this is my roommate Natalie and Nat this is my good friend Jared," They exchanged pleasantries before Natalie gave Aryn a look.

"Shit. I have to get to pre game warm ups, but you two have fun and I'll see you both at the game?" They nodded their heads before Aryn left.

Once she got into the locker room, she was filled with adrenaline. She put on her shorts, jersey, shin guards, socks tied her cleats, and put up her hair. This was big game; if the won this, they moved on to the championship and beat their rivals. Aryn tightened her ponytail before joining the teams beginning chants.

The game began, pushing, shoving, and sweating. By half time the opposition was ahead by a point. 3-2.  Lisa scored a goal ten seconds into the next half. 3-3. Aryn began to ache. Her leg still hurting from an injury that happened so long ago. She fought through passing the ball from teammate to teammate. They stayed tied. Went into overtime. Still 3-3. 

The shoot out began. The students were roaring in the stands. Liza shot and missed. The other team did the same. Then Jasmine tried and missed. AU did the same. The next three girls did the same for both teams.  It was down to Aryn and the other girl with the last name Gonzalez. Aryn had to go first.  She walked back and pictured where she would aim.  She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Ran forward, her foot came in contact with the ball, sending it forward and her knee gave out. She fell in a heap on the ground. She looked up to see the black and white sphere hit the net, scoring the goal.

But the crowd didn't cheer. They just looked over to the other side to see if the other girl would score. The tension must have gotten to her because her ball went straight I the hands of the goalie.  

The crowd roared. Her teammates ran to her. Picking her up off the ground. They hugged her and screamed. They were going to California. She felt her feet touch the ground again. Her legs were weak but she saw Garrett and she used all she had left to run to Garrett and jump into his arms. She kissed him and the hugged him tighter.

"I'm ready tonight." She whispered into his ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long but I've been down I have so many silent readers and all I want is a comment. It doesn't have to be much at all I would just really appreciated it with all the subscribers I have

Anyways thanks to those who did comment Forevernalways, Lovelyhope, Elleeann, and Juli_Tabouli your words mean the world!!!