Status: (sexually) active.

Free Falling

Four.

"I can't just tell her to leave her own house because you don't like her Garrett. Just because you two broke up doesn't mean you guys still have to hate each other, besides she's my sister I have to kind of be on her side." Pat said to Garrett.

"We never dated so we never broke up I just don't like seeing her around all the time."

"I don't see why you care so much I mean Aryn's dated like half of the Maine and you're the only one who seems to be so upset about her, what did she do that was so bad? I mean you guys were like best friends even before you guys were together or whatever." Jared added.

"Well you should have seen her getting all close and cuddly with John earlier in her room." 

"What were you doing with my sister?" Tim asked glaring at John.

"I was just having a nice conversation with her, it's not my fault this Garrett thing is making her cry" 

"See now you're making a girl cry Garrett, just lighten up on her. At least a little bit." Kenny said. "Besides we all think you should get back together with her I mean you have to still like her you were like in love with her back then, we miss Garyn." 

"Well you may have not been mad at her when she broke up with you back then but she left me, she knew for months, ALL of you knew for months she was going to leave and I didn't. No one told me shit! She didn't even give me a fucking goodbye! So she can apologize all she wants but it's never going to make up for those two years because she ripped out my fucking heart when I was most vulnerable."

"She never told you? I mean I thought all the signs were there couldn't you tell she was unhappy?" Pat said slightly above a whisper. 

Although Aryn may be Pat's sister, Garrett was Pat's best friend in the whole world. Aryn even used to joke that Garrett would go behind her back and secretly have a relationship with her brother. With this new discovery Pat was further torn between the two parties. 

"Yeah Pat, your sister isn't as innocent as she looks and I didn't notice how sad she was because that summer, we were in our own little bubble when we were together, like none of the shit that was happening to us was really occurring and it was just us... But she had to go fuck it up. I don't care that she didn't tell me she was going to leave but she could have at least said goodbye, that's all I wanted."

"Well maybe if you just talked to her and got her side of the st-" John started.

"No John I shouldn't have to go to her, I know your on her side and that's fine you have a right to your own opinion, but I was the one she left and she hurt so she should come to me if she wants even a sliver of forgiveness. But I don't want to talk about this I have to go babysit my sisters." And with that he left.

Garrett was angry when he got home. He didn't hug Lilly when she came running down the hall, he didn't ruffle Spencer's hair when he walked by her, he didn't even tell Alicia she could leave now that he was home. He just flopped on the couch and turned on his Xbox.

"They talked to you about Aryn didn't they." Alicia said.

" I don't want to have to hear about her anymore! I'm sick of her already." He groaned.

"I'm on your side, I mean she's always been a slut, I don't really know why Gracie was her friend."

"Alicia just go hang out with your friends I don't want to talk about this." Alicia smiled sympathetically and walked away. 

Garrett stared idly at the TV for a bit before his youngest sister jumped onto his lap and began purring while she pretended to be a cat. Garrett chuckled. It never mattered how upset he was, Lilly could always make him crack a smile. She was too adorable for her own good and he felt she knew this deep down and used it to her advantage. Although she only used her cute antics and pouty eyes and lips for silly things like ice cream, toys, and more play time she still had this power over most people around her.

"What are you doing Lillian?"

"I'mma cat Gary!" She sat on his lap cuddling into her older brother.

"Well keep up the good work" He began to stroke her hair.

She looked up at her brother curiously pondering what she would say next. Opening then closing her mouth before spitting it out.
"Why don't you love Aryn anymore."

"What did you say?"

"Alicia told me Gracie always wanted you and Aryn to get married and when Gracie left, then Ary left and you didn't like her no more and I want you to like her because I want Aryn to have your babies!" Garrett's eyes bulged, not really knowing how to approach his sister's statement, how could his sister have thought these things when she was only five when these events transpired.

"Well Aryn did some mean things to me and didn't tell me she was sorry."

"So if Ary says she's sorry you'll let her have your babies?"

"Probably no babies but maybe we can hug or something of she says she's sorry" He said not really knowing if he'd forgive her so easily or if he was just saying this to keep his little sister happy. Before he could think it through his other sister walked in.

"Hey Gar when are we gonna get to see mom? I mean now that  you're answering questions and all." Spencer asked while concentrating on her cast.

"Yeah Gary, when we gonna see mommy?"

"I don't really know, I don't think very soon, she's still really sick, but you know what we can do? We can order some pizza and play video games and I'll even call mom and we'll try to talk to her if she's up to it. How's that sound?"

"That sounds good Gar, thanks I've missed you." Spencer said coming over and hugging him tightly.

"Gary is mommy gonna leave like Gracie did?" Lilly whispered sniffling slightly.

"We don't know right now but I don't think so sweetie." Garrett said squeezing two of his sisters tightly to him. Feeling the weight of being home.

After he tucked his sisters in for bed he called the hospital again. They told him his mom had had chemotherapy today and was still pretty out of it, but would be a little better tomorrow. He thanked the nurse and hung up. He cried for the first time since his mom's diagnosis. He felt Arizona was suffocating him. It was taking all the things he loved and twisting them. He felt like home was a bus or a van. It wasn't Arizona anymore because all Arizona gave him was pain. It was an unending abyss. It was getting harder and harder to see the light in his life.

 He wiped his eyes and went upstairs. He walked into Spencer and Lilly's room crawling into bed with Lilly. She cuddled up to him, he looked at Spencer all pleasant and calm, and he could feel his heart begin to warm again. Because he still had some love and family left even if the rest seemed to be falling apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some of Garrett's point of view...

Anyways thanks to all the people who have commented
Ally... RumorHasIt? NomMom It's lizzy :D and Forevernalways
You guys rule and four comments is a good number for only having 7 subscribers!

Anyways please please comment and if you haven't already subscribing would be cool too!