Status: still in progress, updates coming whenever i've got the inspiration.

The Test

the average

I arrived at school a few minutes late that morning, and instead of Mr. Stump's usual greeting, I was instead met by a female voice.

Ah, supply teacher.

She must have noticed my puzzled expression, because she instantly looked over in my direction and called my name.

"William?"

I nodded slowly, before taking a couple strides towards the desk.

"Mr. Wentz needs you to go to his office. It's for a meeting, he has something to discuss with you. You'll be missing the first h our of lessons, so here are the worksheets you're going to need to catch up on."

I nodded again, picking up a small stack of Physics questions and folding the papers over.

"All you seem to do is nod..." she muttered, but then glanced back at the register, "Oh. Sorry. I, er, I didn't read your notes yet."

I stood awkwardly for a few short seconds before another command was barked up at me.

"Well, the meeting's now, for goodness' sake! Go on, off with you."

Unsure as to whether I would have an opportunity to return to the form room, I hurried back to retrieve my bag and coat before leaving, taking care not to allow the heavy door to slam.