Status: active (:

Cross Your Fingers

prologue

She stared at him as he paced around the room, his finger tips concurrently running through his hair. She was so drained, and done with this fight they had been having for too many years. But he looked worse, like he was falling apart.

She was in denial that this wasn’t her first time seeing him this way.

“You’re doing it, again.”

“I love him,” she said.

“You love me.

“Don’t make this harder than it needs to be,” she sighed.

“This isn’t my fault, Parker! You always do this but this time you promised it would be different. God, I am such an idiot,” he shook his head.

“Things change, okay? I’m sorry but you can’t really have expected us to stay together forever, let’s be realistic here,” she said.

“Get out of my house,” he ordered, walking to the door and opening it.

“No. You can’t stay mad at me,” she said. Any other time, if she were saying any other words, she would be right. All she would have to do is smile or purse out her bottom lip, and his heart would melt.

But now things were different. He was just so angry. She had made him into a fool.

“Have all these years meant a damn thing to you?” he asked, his voice getting higher.

“The years we’ve been this way have made me who I am, but its history, okay? I have found someone else and you will too, and we’ll still be best friends,” she said, almost sounding like she was begging.

He stared down at their intertwined fingers, rubbing his thumb over her soft skin just one more time. He looked in her blue eyes and he saw right through her, “Bet me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
*This is based in the future, so you know.
but YAY new story! I am already in love with this story so I hope you guys will like it. You can tell by this it will be a love triangle but definitely more realistic than my other stories. It's not going to be as sappy, I promise.
COMMENT HERE! to motivate me to update.
xoxo Bree