Status: Complete

A Minute Without You

it felt like i had wet my pants

so, it was about nine months and some odd days after i broke the news to taylor and my friends that i was pregnant. the months leading up to that point had been hectic. i ended up looking like i was trying to smuggle a watermelon and i'd seen the inside of the hospital more times than i would have liked for check-ups and ultrasounds. the good news being that taylor was there for me 100% of the time. he waited on me hand and foot. he was so excited to become a father. my friends of course threw me a baby shower where i received a lot of nice gifts for the baby. it wasnt until later that i went to have an ultrasound, and the technician picked up on not one... but two heartbeats. we were going to have twins. taylor and i decided that we did not want to know the sex of the babies because we wanted it to be a surprise.

early that morning, i was watching tv on the couch with taylor when all of a sudden, it felt like i had wet my pants. although, i knew better. it was time to have the babies! taylor grabbed our pre-packed suitcases and all but ran me out to the car. i swear, he must have broken every traffic law possible to get to the hospital. when we were in the car, taylor called the hospital so that they could have everything ready for us when we got there. after he got finished talking with one of the nurses, he called all of our friends and our parents to let them know that the babies were on the way. when we pulled up to the main entrance of the women's center and there was a nurse with a wheel chair and a smile ready to take us inside. i got into the wheelchair and we were taken to a room. taylor filled out all of the paperwork while i got into the hospital gown and got up on the bed to wait for my doctor. when the doctor came in, i told him that i wanted to do this naturally and with no pain medication. after checking me out the doctor said that i was dilating well and should be ready to deliver soon and that he'd be back in a half hour to check on my progress. by that time, the room was filled with people and they all surrounded my bed. my mom kissed me on the cheek and told me she was proud of me and then my daddy came and stood beside me. i was so glad to have him back in my life, and i knew he was too. he leaned down and whispered in my ear, "I can't believe how mature you've become and i cant believe i almost didnt let you do this. i cant wait to be a grandpa. i love you." taylor's parents came to my bedside next, they took my hands and told me they couldn't be more proud and that they were so excited to finally be grandparents. following their parents, taylor's siblings were next. they were all so excited to be aunts and uncles. my friends were all smiling at me, and they hugged me and told me they loved me. next, everyone went to taylor, they all hugged him and told him they loved him as well. his brother, zac, also told him that he was proud of him for knocking me up, making taylor giggle. he's so cute when he giggles. after giving taylor hugs, everyone left the room one by one, leaving us alone again.

taylor sat in a chair beside my bed and held my hand. he sang soothing songs to me while i worked on my breathing exercises.

"Tay?" i said, stopping him in the middle of a song
"Yes, sweetheart?" he replied, a concerned look on his face.
"If the twins are boys, I want to name them after you."
He looked at me a grinned the most spectacular grin i've ever seen, with nothing but love glowing out of his eyes. I knew that made him feel special.

just as promised, the doctor showed up half an hour later and decided that i was ready to start pushing. taking hold of taylor's hand and trying not to cry from the pain, i began to push out our first child. screaming, i pushed as hard as i could and i heard the doctor say that he could see the baby's head. i squeezed taylor's hand and pushed one more time as hard as i could. when i heard the crying, i think my heart nearly stopped. i looked up into eyes identical to taylor's.... except they were on the face of my son.
"Jordan." was all i said, and taylor knew what i meant. taylor's first name is Jordan, and since he was the first one born, i'd decided to name him jordan.

the nurses rushed Jordan off to clean him up while i gave birth to my second baby. this time i was a little more prepared and it didnt hurt quite as bad. this baby too, was a boy.
"Taylor. His name is Taylor."
"Congratulations, ma'am you're the mother of healthy twin boys." the doctor said to me as the nurse handed Jordan to me. The nurse went to clean taylor off and then put him in my arms a few minutes later.

"I cant believe how beautiful they are." taylor said placing a kiss on all three of our cheeks.
"They look just like you." I replied with a smile.

i kissed both of my baby boys as i handed them to their daddy, "I think they want to see you."
he smiled as he took them from me and said, "Hi boys, i'm your daddy. i'm so happy to finally meet you, and i can hardly believe you're here. i love you so much and im going to take care of you, and teach you things... like how to play the guitar or something. i love you soooo much."

that day has got to be the most amazing day of my life. i looked over at the chair across the room and i saw my husband and my children. i thought that when i got married there was no way i could be any happier, but, i was dead wrong. that was definitely my happiest moment in life. i couldnt have been more proud looking at my beautiful husband and my healthy twin boys.

we stayed at the hospital for about two days before we were able to go home. the doctor's found nothing wrong with the twins, they were healthy and strong. during our stay, we had received many visitors, mainly those who were there the day of the birth. zac and ike (the two brothers in tay's band) spent the night on the first night, to make sure that everything would be okay. they took turns holding and playing with the twins. what great uncles they are to the boys. the twins are lucky to have them.

when we got home, there was an entourage of people at our house. friends, family, co-workers, and even people i didnt know. they were holding signs, i assume they were fans of my husband's band. we got the boys out of the car and took them into the house, allowing everyone except for those we didnt know follow us. we walked into the living room, and there were presents everywhere: balloons, stuffed animals, flowers, candy, toys, diapers, etc. i couldnt help but to smile, everyone had been so helpful.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter is finished.

i added a few things into some of the paragraphs,
so, if you already read the chapter, you might want to re-read it.

=]