Status: Complete

A Minute Without You

first date

Chapter two:

When the bell for lunch rang, it startled me. I had been busy daydreaming about the blonde haired, blue-eyed boy i'd met in the front office that morning. his name was already doodled and surrounded by hearts on the inside of my notebook, i couldn't get him off my mind. i packed away my "taylor" covered notebook inside of my black backpack. i walked down the hall to the cafeteria and went through the lunch line. taylor got in line behind me and asked if i woul eat lunch with him, and of course i couldn't refuse. we got to the table and taylor offered to buy me a drink from the drink machine. i sat down at the table and stared after him as he walked over to the machines. he turned around and looked at me and i tried to look away, but, i knew i had been caught staring. he returned with our sodas and we began to eat our lunch.

taylor finished eating his sandwhich and he looked at me and said, "I want to take you out this weekend."

i was stunned, i couldnt believe the most gorgeous boy i'd ever seen just said he wanted to take me out. i mean... why would someone as beautiful as him want to go out with me? he's tall, handsome, and apparently in very good shape. he's model material... and me? i was just average looking, short, and had very long, reddish hair. i just sat there with a look of shock on my face for a few moments before finally agreeing. i gave him my address and my phone number and we finished our lunches. at the end of the lunch period we went our separate ways to our last class of the day.

the rest of the week went by pretty fast. in those five days i had managed to make a few friends, and my dad's new business was getting fairly popular. friday night came and it was time for me to get ready for my date with taylor. i had no clue where we were going, but, he told me i didnt need to get too dressed up, so, i wore a nice pair of dark wash jeans, a nice shirt, and flip flops.

i sat in my living room with my mother watching television while i waited for taylor to arrive. a few minutes later a car drove up in my drive-way and a nervous looking taylor walked to my front door. my mother answered the knock and introduced herself, "Hi, Taylor, I'm Lori's mom." Hi, ma'am, I'm Taylor... Taylor Hanson." she invited him in for a moment and then we left in his blue mini cooper.

we stopped off at this quaint little cafe for a bite to eat and some coffee. it was called the Rivers Edge Cafe. however, we weren't there for very long, we decided to walk down to the river. we got up from the table and started down towards the river, it was then that taylor held my hand for the first time. we walked hand in hand to the edge of the river where taylor spread his jacket on the ground for us to sit on. we sat together and looked out onto the water. we started talking about anything and everything, by the time we were finished talking, i felt like i'd known taylor my entire life. we talked about our childhood, our families, our dreams for the future.... taylor is from a very large family, he has six brothers and sisters. two of his brothers, isaac and zachary are in a band with taylor. after talking for what seemed like hours, taylor leaned in and pressed a kiss on my mouth. this was our very frist date and i already knew i never wanted to be separated from him. from just this one kiss i knew that i was in love with him, and from the passion in his lips i knew he felt the same.

we sat there under the stars for another hour or so holding hands. we got up and walked back to his car. we held hands all the way back to my house where he walked me to my door. he looked deep into my eyes and kissed me tenderly. he squeezed my hand and then walked back to his car. from the window, i watched him drive away and then walked up to my room to go to bed.