Status: Complete

A Minute Without You

the perfect couple

Chapter 3:

I woke up the following Saturday morning to my cell phone ringing. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 9 a.m. I groggily sat up and reached for my cell phone. Before answering, I glanced at the screen to see who would be calling me this early in the morning on a Saturday. I almost jumped for joy when I saw that it was Taylor.
“Hello?!”, I said excitedly.
There was a giggle on the other line and then Taylor said, “Hi, Lori? Its Taylor, my brothers and I were wondering if you’d like to come listen to our band today.”
“Yes! Of course!” I said, almost screaming at him, and then after calming my voice I said, “What time should I come over?”
“Anytime.” Was all he said.
We talked for a little while longer before hanging up. I then went hurridly to my bathroom to grab a quick shower. I was so excited to see Taylor that it seemed like it took hours for the strawberry scented shampoo to rinse from my hair. as soon as i was finished in the shower, i hopped out and dried off. i grabbed my favorite tshirt and put it on as well as a pair of jeans and a pair of vans. i walked back into my bathroom to look in the mirror as i applied my make-up and ran a brush through my tangled hair. i went downstairs to find my parents sitting in the living room watching their favorite movie.
"where are you off to?", my dad asked.
i walked over to him and kissed on the cheek and told him that a boy from school wanted me to listen to his band. i assured him that i wouldn't be out too late and that i would check in from time to time. i went out the front door and to my car where i climbed in the driver's seat and backed out of the drive-way. i popped in my favorite mix cd and headed toward's taylor's house.

i pulled into taylor's drive way at about 10:30. it was an adorable cabin-like house surrounded by trees. as i got out of my car, i looked up to see the three most amazing looking guys in the entire universe. taylor was one of them of course, and i assumed the other two were his brothers. i had seen the youngest looking one around school before, but, the other one (who was older than taylor, and apparently not in school anymore) i'd never seen before. the youngest of the two boys had long-ish blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. the oldest boy had short, curly, brown hair and a smile that could blind the sun. they were gorgeous... but, they could not compare to taylor. taylor with his eyes that glowed, his sheepish smile and shaggy hair. nothing could compare to taylor.

i walked up to the trio and taylor gave me a hug. he introduced me to the two boys, who were, indeed, his brothers. the youngest one, zac... and the oldest, isaac or ike for short.

taylor took me by the hand and the four of us walked around to the back of their house to the garage where they had set up their instruments. taylor led me over to a sofa against the wall and i sat down. he stood behind a keyboard while zac took his place behind a drumset and ike picked up an old guitar. this was the first, but, definitely not the last time i heard them play "A Minute Without You". Little did i know at this time, that that particular song would inspire this story.

after listening to them play seven or eight more songs we walked back to the main house where his mother was busy stirring spaghetti sauce.
"boys, the speghtti is almost finished, do me a favor and go round up your brothers and sisters."

while they went in search of their siblings, i stayed behind in the kitchen with their mother. she began to put the spagehtti onto plates that were set up at the table.
"you're welcome to some spegehtti, lori, if you'd like some. by the way... i'm taylor's mom."
"thats very sweet ma'am, i'd love some speghetti."

taylor, zac, and ike came back into the kitchen followed by the four remaining siblings and their father. we all sat around the table and began eating the food that mrs. hanson had prepared for lunch.

when we had finished our meals and aided in kitchen clean-up duty, i followed taylor up the stairs to his bedroom. taylor quickly shut the door behind us and took my face in his hands as he kissed me gently.
"i've been dying to do that all day." he said grinning.
I eagerly kissed him and that was when he asked me to be his girlfriend, and despite the fact that we'd only been on one date, i knew in my heart that i wanted to be with him for the rest of my life and i accepted with no hesitations.

for the next few months our love and our relationship grew. everyone at school knew we were together... and we were together all the time. people liked to joke and say that we were like an old married couple. they said we were perfect for each other. that we completed each other. they said that taylor had never seemed as happy as he did when he was with me. and truth be told, i had never known it was possible to be that happy and to be that totally in love. we really were the perfect couple.

in those few months i managed to make a few friends. but, the ones i hung out with the most... aside from taylor were the people i would consider to be my best friends. my absolute best friend became brandy. she had short curly hair and blue eyes. she was pretty tall for our age and she meant and still means the world to me. her boyfriend's name was jacoby and he was fantastic. he made me laugh and he had tattoos. he was the perfect boyfriend for my best friend. next comes anna and her boyfriend, bert, missy and her boyfriend, gerard, and brittnie and her boyfriend, frank. anna had curly dark brown hair, and blue eyes. she was definitely the "stand up comic" of the group. she always had everyone in stitches. her boyfriend, bert had shoulder length dark hair. he was crazy, hilarious... he too gave the group a good laugh every now and then. missy... the beauty queen with her perfect dark brown hair and her dark eyes. she was gorgeous. it made me jealous. her boyfriend, gerard also had shoulder length hair and dark eyes. brittnie was the youngest in our group. the baby of us all. but, i loved her no more and no less than any of my other friends. she was dating frank at the time. frank's a good guy, i liked him. the purpose of my telling you about my group is that for the next few years... i'd be going through a lot of heartache... and they were my life support. i'd have never survived those four and a half years without them.