Status: Complete

A Minute Without You

together again

Chapter 8:

"we should go check on brittnie." i said as taylor and i finally broke our mouths apart.
"you're right."

we climbed out of my car and began walking through the parking lot towards the hospital and even though brittnie was in the hospital and she was in a coma, that was one of the best days/nights of my life. i was finally with the man i loved. he was finally mine and there was nothing anyone could do about it. we were free to be together.

we walked up to brittnie's room hand in hand, missy and anna were in there with her.
"the boys went to the cafeteria." missy said.
nodding toward's brittnie, i said, "how is she?"
"she hasn't woken up yet, but, the doctor said she's doing fine... and that he doesnt see any reason why she won't wake up, but, with these things it's hard to tell for certain." said missy, noticing that taylor and i were holding hands, "what's that all about?"
smiling uncontrolably, i said, "we're together again! after all this time, he still loves me."
taylor kissed me gently on the mouth and said, "of course i still love you. i'll always love you."

i looked over at brittnie and saw that her finger twitched, i ran to the door and called for the doctor, he came running through the door just as brittnie's eyes fluttered open. i walked back to her bed, standing beside the doctor, i looked at her and smiled,
"welcome back, sweetheart." i said trying not to cry. the happiness was too overwhelming. brittnie was awake and the man i loved was standing next to me and there was no one to make an objection to that.

"lori?" brittnie said...."where am i?"
looking at the clock, it said 3:30 a.m.

"sweetheart, you're in the hospital... you were in an accident and you're very lucky. the doctor said you could have been knocked out for a few days."

she nodded and and looked around the room to see all of our friends in there smiling at her. she smiled back and noticed that taylor's arm was around me.
"i see you two got things worked out."

i giggled.
the doctor asked us to all step out of the room so he could examine brittnie. he said that if everything looked okay she would be released in a couple of days. so we all went out into the hallway to wait for the doctor to tell us we could come back in. standing in the hallway, taylor put his arms around me and i wrapped mine around his waist and put my head on his chest. i smiled to myself. everything that that point in time was perfect. i could have stayed there in his arms for all the rest of time and everything would have been okay. i kissed taylor softly on the cheek and then he kissed me on the mouth.
"hey, hey, hey get a room!" missy said laughing.
i stuck my tongue out at her and laughed, just then the doctor came out and said that brittnie looked okay, but, she was going to be very sore and that she could go home the next morning.
i sighed a sigh of relief and began to realize just how tired i was and how little sleep i'd had the past few days.

"i think i'm gonna head back to the hotel, guys... im pretty tired." i said...
"but, of course you're only going there to check out. i have plenty of room, you're all staying with me, and thats the end of that." taylor replied.

of course no one rejected him on that...

so about an hour after leaving the hospital, everyone (except frank, who had stayed with brittnie) was camped out in taylor's spare bedrooms, and the couches. i was going to sleep on the floor in the living room, but, just as i was getting comfortable, taylor said that he wouldn't allow me to sleep on the floor and that if i was going to stay at his house, then i was going to sleep in a bed - his bed. he pulled me to my feet and led me up the stairs to his bedroom. the walls were a deep red, he had a queen sized four poster bed with black sheets. the room was possibly the most beautiful room i'd ever seen. taylor began to undress, and i sat on his bed and watched him. he was beautiful and graceful in the way that he moved. when he took his shirt off the arch in his back and the way his muscles moved was the most amazing thing i'd ever witnessed. he pulled off his pants and he was standing in front of me wearing only boxers. he was magnificent. he leaned down and kissed my lips and gently nudged me backwards onto the bed. carefully and oh-so-very gently he removed my shirt and my pants, putting his lips on mine as often as possible. after undressing me, he tossed his boxers to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this chapter took so long for me to get up.
i hope you enjoy =]