Fragile

Chapter 1

I let out a loud groan as an annoying beep rang through my ears. My hands pulled my pillow over my face, muffling some of the sound. Finally, I pressed the ‘off’ button on my alarm clock and sat up in my bed. The first day of senior year had finally arrived. My nerves had kept me up all night, keeping me from getting any sleep. Why did summer have to go by so quickly? It seems like yesterday that I was out having a good time with my boyfriend, Jay, and my best friend, Mary.

“You’re going to have to get out of bed sometime,” my mom said from my doorway. I hadn’t even heard her approach my room. Sometimes, I think that she is a ninja. I could be walking down the hallway to my bedroom, and she could probably pop out of nowhere and scare the shit out of me.

I stuck my bottom lip out and pouted, “Can’t you let me skip today? It’s not like we ever do anything on the first day of school, anyway.”

“Sorry, babe. Besides, this is a great time to get to know you teachers and classmates. You may even make a new friend today,” she said, before walking away.

“It was worth a shot,” I mumbled to myself, before swinging my legs over the edge of my bed. I had to literally drag my feet out of my room and to the bathroom that was across the hall. When I saw myself in the mirror, I grimaced and began straightening my hair. I wasn’t going to leave with my bedhead, which made me look like I had just had sex. Since I was so tired, I ended up burning my hand and ear a few times. After I made sure my hair would stay straight all day, I moved onto my makeup. I cover my eyelid with a skin tone color and lined my eyes with black eyeliner. My mouth turned into a smile when I took my mascara out of my makeup bag. Ever since I had started using makeup, mascara had defiantly been my favorite to use. It made my eyelashes look so long and volumized. I went back into my room and closed the door behind me. I walked to my closet and pulled a pair of tight, washed-out skinny jeans, a dark blue, low-neck V-neck shirt that showed off my boobs, and a pair of blue flip flops. It was simple, yes, but I was a simple girl. Before I walked downstairs, I made sure to brush my teeth.

Just as I was about to walk out of the front door, my mom called out to me, “Leah! Did you eat breakfast?”

I turned around to see my mom carrying a laundry basket. She had one perfectly plucked eyebrow raised with a frown on her lips.

“No. But-,“ I tried to say something, but she cut me off.

“You won’t leave this house until you eat, young lady,” she scolded me. It felt like I was three years old again, and I had just eaten a cookie before dinner.

“Don’t worry hun. I’ll make sure she eats before she leaves,” my dad said while walking up to us.

My mom nodded her head before walking downstairs to the basement to start on the dirty laundry. Once she was gone, my dad looked at me and said, “You better get going before you are late. Just make sure to eat breakfast tomorrow.”

“Thanks dad,” I mumbled while I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, before leaving the house.

Once I arrived at school, I let out a low growl. This place was probably the worst place to go to school at. The students that come here are either bitches and assholes or losers. I’m just happy that I have Mary as a friend. I sometimes wonder why her parents even named her after the virgin Mary. She definitely is not a saint like her, but I love her that way.

When I started to walk into the front of the school, someone engulfed me into a hug. I was lifted off of my feet and swung around awhile, before the person set me down. I let a smile cross my lips, when I saw Mary’s excited eyes looking at me.

“What’s up, bitch?” she asked while high-fiving me.

“Nothing much. Just wishing that I didn’t have to come to school anymore for the rest of my life,” I grumbled.

She slapped my arm playfully and told me, “Well, at least this is our final year here at this dump.”

“Yeah,” I said while walking into the school.

We stopped at my locker, after we went to Mary’s locker. I put my combination in and then opened it to reveal a bare locker. I shoved some of my binders in my locker before asking, “So, who do you have first block?”

Mary looked down at her schedule while saying, “English with Mr. Haner. What about you?”

I pulled my schedule out of my backpack before exclaiming, “Me too! At least we have each other once this year. Last year they decided to split us up.”

“Assholes,” Mary growled lowly before we started to walk to our first block class. English was probably my favorite subject besides Math. People, especially Mary, teased me about being a Math geek, but I couldn’t help it if I happened to be good at Math. While everyone else would be taking Pre-Calculus this year, I would be taking AP Calculus. I probably wouldn’t have to be in anymore Math classes my senior year in college, if I decide to go to college. All I know is that I want my last year of high school to be the best year of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I thought that I should make a teacher/student relatioship story here on Mibba. I have really gotten into these types of stories, so what the hell? Anyway, again, it is another Brian Haner Jr. Fanfic becuase he is sexy, and i like to write fanfiction. Anyway, tell me what you guys think. Don't be afraid to criticize this becuase it would upset me more if you didn't. Don't forget to check out my other new story that I am going to post soon called Fallen. The summary is a little confusing, I think. I'm gonna need to change it, so it will make more sense. I might also post the second chapter to this story later today. I already have it typed, I just need to reread it and make any grammer/spelling errors.
P.S. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to Raincheck ; for making this AWESOME story layout.

Love, Brianna <3