Fragile

Chapter 3

“And did you see his eyes?” Mary asked dreamily. She had been going on and on about Mr. Haner ever since his class had ended. He was hot, yes, but it sounded like she was obsessed with him. Almost every girl in the classroom had said goodbye to him, hoping that he would like one of them. Some even stooped low enough to pull their low shirts down even more, showing off more cleavage than needed to be seen.

“Mary, why are you still going on about Mr. Haner?” I snapped at her, giving her a stern and disappointed look. Her goofy smile turned into a frown at my sudden outburst. She had never known me to snap like that unless I was extremely pissed off or upset.

“Whoa, what’s up with you? Why does it sound like you are pissed off at me? What did I do?” she asked while putting her hand out in front of me, stopping me from going to my gym class.

I groaned, “It’s nothing. I’m sorry I snapped at you.”

“Well, you don’t just snap like that unless something is wrong. Do you want to talk about it? We could skip second block,” she suggested while pointing her thumb towards the front entrance of the school.

I shook my head while beginning to walk again and answered, “No thanks. Plus, I don’t think my parents want me to skip school today. My dad already had to cover for me this morning because I didn’t eat breakfast. You have Science next, don’t you?”

She shook her head vigorously with an excited smile on her lips. Ever since I had met Mary, she had loved Science. It was weird because you wouldn’t expect someone like her to like any class in school. I know that she was obsessed with Life Science because it was like a second Sex Ed class for her. Oh, how I love her and her sexual mind. Now that I think about it, she was probably raping Mr. Haner in her head during his class. It wouldn’t surprise me if she had.

“Well, I know how much you love Science,” I said while giving her a small smile.

“I’ll see you at lunch after second block,” she told me while walking to her next class. “But don’t think you are off the hook with me about the whole snapping at me thing.”

I walked by myself to gym class, hoping that things went by quickly in gym like they had in English class. My head had already started to hurt and only an hour and a half of school had gone by. I pressed my fingers roughly against my temples, rubbing deep down, while sitting on the bleachers in the gym. I had picked a spot that was in the corner, liking the fact that I could text someone without the crazy gym teachers noticing. The teachers at this school were really weird, especially the P.E. ones. They soon began to take roll, which would take them quite some time since we have such a big class.

Suddenly, someone sat down beside me. I turned my gaze to the person sitting beside me and groaned. Jay’s best friend, Kyle, had decided that it would be fun to flirt with me without Jay being around.

“Hey, Leah,” Kyle greeted me with a smile.

I glared at him and asked, “What do you want?” I didn’t want to deal with his antics and flirting, right now. He has had a crush on me since fifth grade, and he never seemed to leave me alone. Kyle only flirted with me when Jay wasn’t around because he knows that Jay would beat his ass, if he tried anything on me with him around.

He put his hands up in surrender and answered, “What’s up with you? I never did anything to bother you.”

“Yes you did. You constantly flirt with me, and it makes me feel uncomfortable,” I told him.

His body slumped forward as he said, “I’m sorry. You know that I’ve liked you since fifth grade, and it’s hard not to like a girl like you. You’re pretty, smart, funny-”

“Can you just not flirt with me anymore? Maybe we can start over and just be friends?” I suggested, not caring that I interrupted him.

“Sure,” he said while sticking his pinky out towards me. I looked down at it with a confused look on my face.

“A pinky promise, really? We haven’t done pinky promises since elementary school,” I teased him.

“Just do it,” he groaned, obviously not wanting to be seen doing this. I smiled and hooked my pinky with his. Once we let go, I excused myself so I could go talk to the teachers.

“Mr. Fletcher,” I said, walking up to the four teachers and looking at mine.

Mr. Fletcher looked up from his clip board and smiled at me. Out of all of the teachers at this school, he was my favorite. Every time I needed to go somewhere, he would let me go. It was kind of nice. He was also the coach for the softball tea,, which I was on.

“What can I do for you, Miss Campbell?” he asked me.

“I need to go to the nurse. My head is killing me,” I told him. I probably shouldn’t have skipped breakfast this morning. This always happens when I don’t eat in the morning, and it just gets worse and worse throughout the day until I eat.

He nodded his head a pointed towards the door. I took that as I sign that I could go, so I walked out of the gym and made my way towards the nurse’s office. When I stepped into her office, she greeted me with a smile and said to take a seat. It took a few minutes before she said that I could come into the clinic. I sat down on the bed thing, I don’t know what it is a called, probably just a bed, and swung both of my feet back and forth.

“What’s wrong dear?” she asked me.

“I have a major headache,” I explained while rubbing my temples again for emphasis and because it helped ease some of the pain.

“Just wait here while I get you an aspirin,” she said.

The nurse walked out of the clinic, and I took this chance to just think and look around. The clinic looked like any other clinic, white and boring. The walls were pretty much bare except for a few posters of the human body. Just as I looked out of the clinic door and into the office, I saw Mr. Haner standing at the nurse’s desk. He was talking with the nurse about something that I couldn’t hear, and I couldn’t help but get a butterfly feeling in my stomach. He looked so good. I just wanted to-

No! I shook my head and looked down at my feet again. I can’t think of a teacher like that! I have a boyfriend, and I wasn’t going to be like all of those other girls who drooled over him. Maybe that was why I snapped at Mary earlier. I was jealous that she was talking about him. Oh God! I think I am falling for my teacher, who just so happens to be seven years older than me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys for subscribing and thank you Porno Mime for commenting. I really like this story, and I am trying to think of a way to write the next chapter. Tell me what you think.

Love, Brianna <3