Status: Complete

Faberry

Chapter One

Quinn walked into the choir room, dumping her lunch in the trash can. She was struggling to hold back tears and her appetite was currently non-existent. Why is everything that I want taken away from me? she wondered. She almost walked out when she saw Rachel shuffling some papers on the piano, but Rachel didn’t notice her and sat down on the piano bench. She tapped a few keys, effectively capturing Quinn’s attention. Rachel closed her eyes and began to sing the beginning of Florence + The Machine’s cover of Addicted to Love.
Quinn stood very still, listening to the pure emotion coming from the small brunette with the agile fingers dancing upon the piano keys. Rachel wasn’t putting up a show; she was completely unaware of her audience and Quinn was mesmerized by the startling change between her drama queen persona and the heartfelt girl at the piano.
“Another kiss and you’ll be mine,” Rachel opened her eyes and was so startled to see Quinn watching her that she nearly stopped singing. After that brief pause she continued with her song, never taking her eyes off Quinn. She kept singing earnestly, letting the blonde girl see a part of her that people rarely saw.
When Rachel was done neither of them moved. Once her brain absorbed what had happened she stood up and smoothed down her clothes.
“Well, I’ll see you later the,” she gathered the sheet music and took a step backward just as Quinn took a step forward. They both stopped and looked at each other.
“Do you want to sing a duet with me?” Quinn suppressed the urge to clapher hand over her mouth and instead shook her hair back, affecting her confident, queen-bitch guise with a bit of difficulty. Rachel smiled knowingly at her.
“Of course. I was actually considering asking you that myself. I think our voices would go together very well.” Quinn nodded and let a small smile curve her lips. Our voices aren’t the only things that would go well together, Quinn thought as she looked at Rachel’s mouth. She left the choir room in a much better mood than she had entered it.