Status: in the works!

Let Me Dream, Let Me Stay.

Burning up.

The months passed by slowly, seeming to drag on for eternity. Summer had ended; fall following in its footsteps. The leaves had changed from green to glorious shades of yellow, red, and orange. The air grew crisper, a slight chill in the atmosphere. The seasons were not the only changes going on at this time.

In the months following the wedding, Vanna and Autumn had been making their own changes. More often than not they could be found with the Weasley twins, doing who-knows-what. They were always at their shop helping them in whatever way they could. Deep inside, they knew that they were in way too deep to be “just friends” anymore. But nothing had happened yet.

Still, they enjoyed being in their company. Truth is, they had not been this close to anyone ever, except each other. The twins, to put it simply, just understood them. The autumn months passed by just as quickly as summer and before they knew it, winter had come for a visit.

Christmas had come along and the girls, along with their families, were off to the Burrow for the holiday. Savannah ran around her room looking for the perfect outfit, Autumn staring at her with a slight smirk on her face. Savannah ripped through her closet, throwing different articles of clothing all over the place, nearly hitting Autumn in the process. Autumn looked at the girl in front of her and laughed. “Vanna, what on earth are searching for?”

Vanna continued to dig through her closet, pushing some hair out of her eyes before turning to face Autumn. “I’m trying to find the perfect outfit.” Autumn bit her lip and nodded silently, looking at ceiling. “Oh, I know, to impress Fred.”

Savannah narrowed her eyes and spun her head around, glaring at Autumn before chuckling. “Please. As if you weren’t trying to impress George with what you are wearing.” Autumn blushed lightly, before tossing a pillow in Savannah’s direction. The girls laughed as Vanna finally decided on an outfit, putting on the finishing touches. When they heard their parents call, they headed down the stairs. In a moment’s time, they had apparated, and were standing in front of the familiar dwelling that they were beginning to grow very fond of.

Upon entering they were immediately smothered by Mrs. Weasley, as she held them close as if they were her own daughters. When Mrs. Weasley pulled away, the girls glanced over her shoulder to see the twins enter the room. Immediately, smiles broke out on all of their faces. Autumn ran to George, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug before pulling away, following him down a hallway.

Savannah walked up to Fred and smiled at him before she too threw her arms around him, the hug lasting longer than a quick embrace. She pulled away, looking into his brown eyes, a feature that she had begun to crave. Fred looked down at her and bit his lip, smirking. “Can I interest you in a quick game of Exploding Snap?” Savannah grinned, taking his hand as he led her into the next room. “I’d love to.” As they walked into the adjacent room, Molly called behind them. “Don’t wander off too far you four; supper will be served very soon!”

Savannah lay on the hardwood floor, resting her head on the palms of her hands as she watched Fred set up the game. They took out their wands, tapping on the various cards when necessary. The pair laughed merrily as the game continued, and eventually ended.
“Please, Weasley. I won and you know it.” The boy looked at Savannah, shaking his head and looking at the ground, trying to hide the smile that was on his face. He leaned towards her, coming extremely close to her face. “Is that so, Morgan?” Savannah chuckled, moving closer to Fred. She reached out and ruffled his hair, smirking. “Yeah. I won. Just admit it.” Fred put his hand on his chin and looked up at the ceiling, pretending to think it over. He sighed and shook his head. “No. I don’t think I will.”

Just as Savannah was about to continue her protest, Fred had moved even closer with a devious grin plastered on his face. Savannah tilted her head, her eyebrows raised. “Fred. What are you doing?” Before she could even say another word, Fred had pounced on her, before he began to tickle her. Savannah giggled loudly, unable to stop. Her laughs were jolly and made Fred smile. His hands moved over her body, tickling her as she laughed out loud beneath him.

She yelled out between laughs and gasps for air. “Fred! Stop it!” He stopped for a moment and looked down into her eyes. “Nope, having too much fun.” And with that he continued to tickle her, sending her into a endless fit of giggles. Eventually he stopped and Savannah rested her hands on either side of her head, palms up. She was breathing heavily, her chest rising up and down. Fred gazed down at her, studying her face. He couldn’t deny how beautiful she looked in this light.

What happened next was truly only the beginning. Fred moved his hands to meet Savannah’s, intertwining their fingers. He continued to hover over her, never removing his gaze from her own. They stared at each other in silence, as Fred reached out to tuck a loose piece of hair behind her ear. He quickly reconnected their hands. He inched closer to her face, closing his eyes. Savannah looked over his face, her eyes landing on his lips, suddenly deciding how inviting they looked. She raised her head ever so slightly off of the ground and inched closer, closing her own eyes.

Fred could sense her movement and made a split second decision. He moved that last bit closer, finally closing the gap between them; something both of them had been waiting months for. Their lips moved together like they were molded perfectly, Savannah smiling into the kiss. Fred pulled away and leaned his forehead on hers, smiling as he looked into her eyes.

From the next room over they could hear as Molly called out, informing them that it was time to sit down for supper. Fred got up off of the ground, pulling Savannah up with him. He couldn’t deny the sparks he felt as their hands were entwined. As they walked into the kitchen, he fell into place beside her; the place where he truly belonged.
♠ ♠ ♠
another chapter!
katie and i hope you guys are loving this story just as much as we are.

thank you to everyone who has read/commented/subscribed!
we love you!

so what do you guys think of savannah and fred?