Status: in the works!

Let Me Dream, Let Me Stay.

Give me a sign, I want to believe.

Autumn laid across George's small bed, made so tightly she could bounce a quarter on it. She sighed loudly, ignoring the man who lay beside her, his hands behind his head as the two stared at the ceiling. “Do you ever wonder what we're put here for?” Autumn asked suddenly, rolling onto her stomach and tugging on her dress a bit, and sighed as she propped herself up on her elbows. George laughed.

“Do you always start right in on the dramatic questions, or do you usually give someone a warning?” George asked, still laughing. Autumn, since being with George, stopped blushing during jokes directed at her and scrunched up her nose. “You're cute when you do that,” George points out sweetly, and Autumn shakes her head.

“Thank you, love, but please answer the bloody question.” Her voice is sweet, and George smiles, kissing her nose before beginning. He loved his alone time with the girl like nothing else in the entire world.

“I think we're put here to change a live or lives. Whether it be one,” He kisses Autumn gently, and she blushes and smiles, chewing on her lip as he continues, his smile considerably brighter. “Or thousands.” He points to his shirt, the logo of Weasley Wizard Wheezes on the front, in canary yellow and clashing terrible against his hair. Autumn had almost convinced him to change for New Year's, but he was so stubborn. “What do you think, Autumn? Why are we put here?” George asks, completely making fun of Autumn.

“I think we're here to leave a lasting mark on something, to make it known that we were here and that we meant something.” She shrugs. “Maybe that's why I think suicide is so selfish, you know? Because we mean something to some many people and you just throw it-” He cuts her off with a kiss, not tired of hearing of her voice, but tired of looking at her and not having her closer.

Autumn loved being with him. He made things so simple, and just laying with him in silence made her happier than being in a room full of rowdy people who love her. Likewise, George loved being with Autumn, because she made him laugh and she was perfect and she was willing to put up with him and she was everything he and Fred had ever dreamed of for each other.

“What are you going to wish for?” Autumn asks, changing the subject as she glances at the clock, with five minutes until the new year rang in.

“I have nothing to wish for, my dear, because I have everything I could ever want right here.” Autumn blushes as he continues. “I have a successful business with things I love, I have my brother here with me, I have a new sister, and most of all, I have you, right here, in my arms, which is the best place for you.”

Autumn felt like crying. She wanted to die, but most of all, she wanted to be with George. She laughed a little, and curled up in his arms and gently kissed his jaw, burying her face in his neck as the new year rang in with Savannah and Fred cheering and yelling and setting up fireworks, before shooting them off into George's small bedroom, giggling like school children.

“Git,” George murmured, and Autumn laughed, rolling off his bed and gently padding over the hardwood floor back towards the living room, her hair all tousled from all her restless moving across George's bed.

“You two are bloody-” She stops, noticing how they are looking at each other, and rolls her eyes, curling up in the armchair and grabbing the cup of tea she left a little while ago, letting George settle underneath her.

And in an instant, they all knew. Savannah loved Fred and Fred loved her, and Autumn loved George and George loved her. It was exactly how they wanted their lives to go, to meet the girl and make things okay and just … be happy when times were darker than He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's soul.

If only they knew what was in store for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the delay!