Status: in the works!

Let Me Dream, Let Me Stay.

It's killing me to see you this way.

Savannah could feel all of her blood rushing to her head as she hung upside down on Fred’s bed. A single strand of hair fell into her eyes and she lightly blew it out of her face, closing her eyes. She began to feel a tension headache forming and sat up straight, looking into the eyes of the boy in front of her. He just smirked at her, although the smile faded when Savannah did not giggle like she usually did. Fred reached out and lightly placed his hand on top of hers. “Vanna, what’s the matter?”

Savannah sighed and tentatively bit her lip before meeting his eyes. She shook her head and looked at the ceiling. She retrieved the thin wand from her pocket and began to twirl it in her hand, something she found extremely therapeutic now and then. Fred reached out and placed his finger under her chin, forcing her to look at him. “You can tell me.” She nodded and positioned her body so that Fred’s arm was wrapped protectively around her frame. She leaned her head on his shoulder and took a deep breath.

“It’s Autumn.” Fred tilted his head and looked down at Savannah with a confused look on his face. She sighed and shook her head. “It’s just, she’s been really off lately. She hasn’t come out of her place for days and I haven’t heard from her. I’m just worried about her, that’s all.” Savannah sniffled and looked down. She hated it when she appeared vulnerable and did not want Fred to see her that way.

Fred moved his hand to her chin, grasping it tight enough to force Savannah to look at him. He lowered his voice and spoke quietly, something that was extremely rare for the redheaded boy. “Oi, she’s your best mate. You are allowed to be upset when she is a little distant. You don’t have to be strong all of the time, Vanna. I promise.” She bit her lip and looked up at Fred, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

As the couple pulled apart, they heard a large noise come from outside the room. Savannah tensed and looked towards the door. “What was that?” Fred wrapped his arm around her shoulder and rubbed small circles on her skin.

“It’s probably just George coming in from the shop.” They stood up off of the bed and Savannah straightened out her skirt. She grabbed Fred’s hand tightly for a second and turned around.

“I better go talk to him. Maybe he’s heard from Autumn.” With that Savannah left Fred alone before descending the stairs and meeting George in the little kitchen of their flat. “George?” Savannah’s voice was soft for she was trying not to startle him. He turned around and appeared exhausted, as if he weren’t sleeping at night. She stepped closer and looked up at him. “Are you alright?”

George sighed and shook his head, messing up his hair. “I’ve been better.” Savannah took a chance and moved even closer, sighing. She reached down and handed George the cup of tea that he had previously been preparing. He took a sip and turned to sit at the small table that was beside them.

Savannah followed him and stood next to him as he glanced down at the latest issue of the paper. She took a deep breath and spoke slowly and softly. “Does this have anything to do with Autumn?” George put down his tea and looked up at Savannah, suddenly interested in her presence.

“Yeah, lately she’s been quite—“ George didn’t even get a chance to finish his sentence before Savannah could do so for him. “Distant?” He furrowed his brows and looked down at his hands, thinking about the girl who owned his heart.

“Yeah, that’s it.” George couldn’t help but think it was something he had done. Had he tried to move too fast for her? He sighed and shook his head. Honestly, he just could not help himself. He loved Autumn with all of his heart and he hated every minute that he was away from her.

Savannah and George sat in silence as they pondered, trying to decipher Autumn’s absence. George stood up and looked down at Savannah, trying to get all of the answers he could. “She’s been acting strange around you too? So it isn’t just me?” He bit his lip and waited.

“Yes. I haven’t seen her in days and whenever I try to contact her she dodges me.” A sudden pang of emotion filled Savannah up and she had to try to hold back her tears. Her entire body felt paralyzed as she thought of Autumn and everything she meant to Savannah. While Savannah appeared strong and put together on the outside, she needed Autumn to be that way. Without Autumn, a piece of her was missing.

George could sense Vanna’s distress and moved closer to her, finally wrapping his arms around her in a hug. Savannah returned the embrace, finally allowing her tears to fall. They pulled apart as the door opened once more. At the same time they gasped and stuttered, barely making out the name.

“Autumn?”
♠ ♠ ♠
little talks | of monsters and men

hi guys! I apologize it's been so long! I had a lot going on since I graduated high school and had college orientation! but summer's in full swing and I'm here! thank you guys so much for reading. we appreciate every single one of you! (: