Status: in the works!

Let Me Dream, Let Me Stay.

The wedding.

Savannah tossed and turned in the comfort of her bed, curling herself up into some kind of a makeshift, cotton-linen cocoon. She swore up and down that she would not wake up, for she was too comfortable. She burrowed her face into the fluffy down pillow and pulled her knees up to her chest, closing her eyes even tighter than they already were, if that was even possible. Just as she was about to drift back into a deep slumber, there was a loud pounding on her door and before she knew it, her mother was barging into her bedroom.

“Savannah Lynn Morgan! Get up this instant!”

Her mother was a speed demon. In three seconds or less, she was at her bed ripping off all of the covers. Savannah’s body instantly curled up into an even tighter ball, by instinct. Her eyes were still squeezed shut. She heard her mother wave her wand lightly, and soon Savannah felt herself lift up off of the bed and land on the hardwood floor. With her face still sitting on the hard wood beneath her, she mumbled a response.

“Alright, I’m up.”

But she should have known that her mother was not finished speaking. She stood up off the floor, coming face to face with one of her mother’s looks that almost said ‘I cannot believe you did this.’ Her mother squeezed the bridge of her nose with her thumb and index finger and shook her head.

“Savannah, do you even realize what today is?”

Savannah thought for a moment and looked at her eyes with a smile on her face, trying to lighten the mood.

“Sure Mum, it’s uh, well it’s…August…”

She was toast for sure.

“First! August First!”

Savannah slowly nodded her head while trying to rack her brain for any clue that would help her to figure out what in the bloody hell was so important about August first. After her mother had grown even more irritated that she stood there not saying anything, she huffed and ran over to the closet, pulling out a royal blue dress.

“The wedding! You knew the wedding was today! Of course you would pick today to sleep until ten to three!”

Savannah’s mouth quickly formed a pronounced “O” shape as she took the dress from her mother’s hands. She lightly bit her lip and closed the closet door, running her hand over the satin fabric of the dress.

“When is the ceremony?”

Her mother furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms over her chest before responding.

“Three O’clock. Sharp. You have ten minutes to pull this together Savannah. The Warners are already downstairs, ready to go.”

Savannah ran a hand through her messy hair before running to the bathroom to get ready. She stepped into the shower, trying to make it seem like she hadn’t just gotten up three minutes ago. She stepped out of the shower, performing some simple spells to dry her hair, perfect her makeup, and get her dress on. She turned to the side, taking a glance at her reflection in the full length mirror that hung on the wall. She sighed, deciding it was as good as she was going to get, before looking at a clock on the wall. Two-fifty-eight.

She grabbed her purse and ran down the stairs, knowing that her mother would be calling for her in any second. She got to the bottom of the stairs and quickly said hello to everyone before running over to join Autumn by the door. Savannah’s mother came into the room and clapped her hands together.

“Shall we?”

And with that, both families apparated to the Burrow, which was the Weasley home. In the fields surrounding the Burrow, there was a large white tent that had been set up specifically for the wedding. The girls’ mothers had spotted Mrs. Weasley and had gone over to say hello, gushing about the excitement about today’s event. Their fathers had moved over to speak to Mr. Weasley, probably asking him about his job. This left Savannah and Autumn standing by themselves. They hesitantly looked at each other and decided they might as well make their way inside the tent.

Savannah led the way to the front of the tent, where she saw a boy standing at the entrance holding a piece of parchment. She assumed that the parchment was the seating chart. Savannah walked over to the boy, dragging along Autumn with her. Before she got to the entrance, Savannah saw her Aunt Eleanor coming her way.

“Bloody Hell, my Mum didn’t tell me that Aunt Eleanor would be here. She’s such a—“

“Vanna, please. You’re being extremely loud. Maybe you shouldn’t yell so much.”

Savannah looked at Autumn, before nodding. Autumn was like Savannah’s conscience in human form. She was always there to keep her under control. Savannah and Autumn continued to walk towards the red headed boy, who was now staring straight at them. Savannah’s outburst had caught his attention.

They finally arrived at the entrance where the boy smiled down at them.

“Well, hello.”

Autumn sent the boy a soft smile while Savannah stood on her tip toes, trying to glance down at the seating chart. The boy saw and sneakily put the chart behind his back. Savannah stood back on the heels of her feet, defeated. She said nothing as she stared at the strange boy that stood in front of her. He stuck out his hand as he offered an introduction.

“The name’s Fred Weasley. I’d be glad to show you to your seats.”

Savannah did nothing but stare at the hand he was sticking out at her, standing her ground. She smirked and slightly tilted her head to the side. She reached out and put a single finger on the boy’s chest.

“I am completely capable of escorting myself, thank you.”

Autumn scoffed and lightly elbowed her friend.

“Vanna, he’s only trying to help. I’m Autumn Warner and she is Savannah Morgan.”

“Vanna, not Savannah.”

Fred smiled and whispered something inaudible to himself. He brought the chart back in front of him and glanced down at it, smirking.

“Well, look at that. You two lovely ladies have the pleasure of sitting with my brother George and I.”

Autumn tried her best to hold back a laugh as she glanced at the look on Vanna’s face. She was not amused.

“Lovely.”

Fred turned and began to lead the two to a table in the corner where another boy was sitting. Of course, he looked just like Fred. His identical twin.

Fred stopped at the table and once again turned to the girls.

“This is my brother, George. Obviously, you can see that I am the better looking twin.”

Savannah shot Autumn a side glance, but she was busy staring at George. She smirked to herself before looking back at Fred, who was now standing directly in front of her. He pulled out the chair and waved his hand, ushering her to take a seat. She smiled and sat down in the seat next to the one he had pulled out. He had to learn that she was not going to give in that easy. He laughed and sat next to her, about to speak up when the ceremony finally began.

Savannah watched intently as Fleur walked gracefully down the aisle in her gorgeous gown. Vanna watched the small smile break out on Bill’s face as he watched every step she took down the aisle. She watched as the couple stood staring into each other’s eyes lovingly, wondering if she would ever feel that way about anyone. The ceremony went on and finally Bill and Fleur were husband and wife. As soon as the ceremony was over, the party had begun.

Savannah watched as Bill and Fleur danced across the floor, looking as happy as they could possibly be. She clapped along to the music and laughed, enjoying the party after all. As time went on, other couples began to join the newlyweds on the dance floor, and soon, the four teens were the only ones who weren’t dancing. Fred and George smirked at each other before standing up and walking over to Savannah and Autumn. Savannah watched as George reached out his hand to Autumn, asking for a dance. As her friend stood up, Savannah smirked at the new scarlet blush that had seemed to be painted on her cheeks.

Savannah rested her head in the palm of her hand as she watched he couples glide along the dance floor, completely oblivious to the world around her. So oblivious, she had not heard a word that Fred had said to her.

“So, what do you say?”

He snapped his fingers in front of her face and she came back to reality. She looked up at the redheaded boy in front of her and furrowed her eyebrows.

“What?”

He shook his head.

“Well, m’lady, I just asked if you would fancy a dance with the most handsome fellow in the room.”

Savannah chuckled and placed her hand on her forehead, moving her head side to side as if she were searching for something.

“Well I just might if I could find him. Would you mind pointing him out? I can’t see him.”

Fred placed his hand over Savannah’s, pulling it off of her head. His lips curved into a crooked smile and he gazed into her eyes.

“Ha, ha. Very funny.”

Savannah looked down at the table, trying to hide the smile that was threatening to break out onto her face. She took a deep breath and looked back up at the boy next to her, before sighing.

“Well alright. I suppose one dance couldn’t hurt.”

And just like that, Fred had grabbed Savannah’s hand and dragged her to the dance floor, among the other couples. Immediately, Savannah had begun to sway and jump around in a crazy fashion, making Fred laugh so hard, his face was nearly as red as his hair. The two stood on the floor, taking turns dancing to entertain the other, laughing the whole time. Unfortunately, the fun and games could not last forever.

The dancing and partying was interrupted when the patronus of Kingsley Shacklebolt emerged on the dance floor. Everyone stared in awe at the glowing white figure, waiting for Kingsley’s voice to speak. The words were chilling.

“The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.”

At that moment, all hell broke loose. Death Eaters had begun to apparate to the Burrow as protective charms were broken. Party guests began to scatter; the whole scene one of chaos. People were screaming, crying out for their loved ones. Families became separated. Fred and Savannah stood next to each other, unaware of what to do. Out of sheer terror, Vanna gripped onto Fred. He led her through the massive crowd, trying to get her out of danger. He spotted George and Autumn, in a position quite similar to that of Vanna and himself. He watched as his brother disapparated, Autumn beside him. In that moment he decided that doing the same with Savannah was his only choice. He grabbed her hand, and they were off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I'm Erin! (:

I'm really excited for this story. And don't worry, this is only the beginning.

Feedback is always appreciated! (: