Status: in the works!

Let Me Dream, Let Me Stay.

The silver doe.

Autumn sighed loudly, falling onto Savannah's bed and letting the comforter envelop her in warmth. Autumn had walked around town endlessly, waiting for someone she knew, and low and behold, Vanna was likewise wandering. And within moments, they had ended up back at Vanna's, soaking wet and laughing about nothing in particular. Vanna took a seat in her armchair, running her fingers through her wet hair and trying to tame it. “This is insanity.” Autumn's voice was monotone, and her face hardly moved as she spoke.

“What's insanity, dear?” Vanna asked, half listening as she rummaged through her large closet, searching for something to wear to replace her wet clothes. The rain hadn't ceased since the wedding, and it had drenched the two girls in more ways than one. Vanna, who was normally loud and boisterous, was much quieter and more subdued in conversation. Autumn, who was normally sweet and quiet, was angered by anything anyone said, and was often so stressed that she was reduced to tears. Autumn frowned, rolling over to face Vanna, who was still rummaging.

“Vanna, our lives may have been turned upside for the rest of our lives, and we're sitting here doing nothing,” Autumn said, slightly irritated, not only at her parents, but also at herself. When she was gone, who would remember her? What would she be leaving behind? Autumn bit her lip before continuing. “What if this never changes? What if You-Know-Who's here forever and ever, and we all die waiting to see if he choses us to kill or not?” Autumn asked, her fears finally voiced as she, without realizing it, gripped the comforter. Vanna snorted.

“No, Autumn. We may die tomorrow from these times, and we're sitting here practically alone and doing absolutely nothing, simply because our parents have irked us beyond belief. And as for the other thing, it won't happen.” Vanna shook her head, and her thin lips pulled into a smile. Autumn murmured her agreement, rolling over onto her stomach and loudly groaning into the pillow. “Autumn, how would you like to sneak out?” Vanna asked, her voice low against Autumn's ears, which were half plugged by her fingers, which wrapped around her head. Autumn's head snapped up, her normal self showing through the cracks of what had been since the rain began, and her happy spirits drowned in the endless rainfall.

“I don't know, Vanna,” Autumn said nervously, biting her lip and messing with her fingernails, painted a light blue that matched her current outfit, a simple pair of skinny jeans and a yellow hoodie to keep her warm against the fighting winds and the chilled rain. She twirled her dark hair around her finger, biting her lip harder. Vanna raised her brows.

“Come on, Autumn! You were just talking about how we were sitting here and wasting away in a time where we could die tomorrow! Let's go see Fred and George. If anyone knows how to live, it's those two.” Vanna stood, a bundle of clothes in her hand, a brow raised. “I'm going to change, and then we'll go, okay?” Vanna said, and Autumn gave a numb nod, pulling out her wand and beginning to play with simple spells.

Autumn's wand was oak and unicorn tail, eleven inches and firm. She had asked for a little more work to be done to her wand, where a wandmaker from overseas had added a Japanese cherry blossom stem, engraved, from top to bottom. Her wand was beautiful, and she never went anywhere without being able to feel it against her skin.

She said the enchantments in her head, letting her Patronus roam around Vanna's room, the silverly white doe lifting her head towards Autumn, fading quickly as Autumn loudly groaned, tossing her wand across the room and rubbing her face with her hands.

Autumn had graduated top of her class at Hogwarts, spending most of her time in the library or empty classrooms practicing her magic and studying, since she was determined to be the best. She wasn't nearly as smart as Hermione Granger, who was two grades below her and the smartest girl Autumn had ever met. Yet somehow, when Autumn was sad or upset, her spells lacked their normal brilliancy. Like right now, as her doe faded away, Autumn's heart broke inside her, leaving her eyes glazed over and her hands numb. She shook her head.

“Bloody hell. What's happening to me?” She whispered, standing swiftly just as Vanna walked back in the room, looking gorgeous as usual, carelessly Autumn might add. She tucked her wand into her sleeve and put her hood over her head.

“You ready?” Vanna asked, using her voice to sound bored, even though Autumn could see in her face that she was a mixture of nervous and excited. Autumn had listened as Vanna spent every minute of their time together talking about her and Fred in the meadows, and ignoring Autumn's teasing about the adorable children they would make. Autumn nodded, and the two gripped hands, Disapparting with a crack and appearing instantly outside the Weasley household, which gave Molly Weasley quite a fright. She had been feeding the chickens, and screamed loudly as the two teenage girls appeared in front of her.

“Oh, Savannah! Autumn! Dears, you gave me such a fright!” Molly said, holding her chest with one hand and using the other to hug the two girls, who she admired quite a lot. Molly had seen how her twin sons had shamelessly flirted with the two girls at the wedding, and was thrilled that they were here. She, however, frowned. “Fred and George are upstairs. I'm sure they'd love to see you, after the fiasco of the wedding.” Molly's lip trembled, as if she was remembering something painful. She grinned, hiding it as she saw the two girls again. “Please, dears, be careful. These times are dangerous.” Autumn nearly snorted.

If Molly only knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to our commenters, subscribers, and readers. me and erin love you!

what do you guys think of Vanna and Autumn's relationship? we love feedback, so keep those comments coming. xD

autumn warner wore this.