Status: in the works!

Let Me Dream, Let Me Stay.

In this moment.

The two young girls walked into the house, which was extremely quiet. It seemed like everything in their world these days was quiet. It was as if the life was being sucked from every living thing. It was chilling to the bone. Savannah looked around the kitchen, taking it all in. She watched as the pile of dishes in the sink washed themselves, the faucet pouring water while the dishes were scrubbed with a brush. Even for a witch, it was still a brilliant sight to see. She walked around the kitchen a little bit more before Autumn lightly tapped her on the shoulder. "Should we head up?" Savannah nodded silently and followed her friend up the staircase.

They passed many doors on the way up and couldn't decide where to go. Eventually they passed Ginny's bedroom and peered in, to see the girl laying on her bed. Ginny looked at them and smiled, sending a small wave in their direction. Savannah and Autumn walked into the room and went over to Ginny, taking spots at the foot of her bed. Savannah spoke up, though in a quiet voice. "How is everything?"

Ginny looked down at her hands, playing with her fingers. "It's day to day. Mum's really down all the time. Especially since Ron's gone. Everyone is a bit off, you know? We're all trying to stay strong...but sometimes, it's difficult." Savannah and Autumn nodded, knowing that they too shared the same feeling.

Autumn then spoke up, breaking the silence once more to admit why exactly they had come. "We were looking for--" Ginny laughed and interrupted her sentence. "They're in the next room over." Savannah smirked as she watched a light blush creep onto Autumn's cheeks. The girls stood up off of Ginny's bed, backing away slowly. They nodded, sending her a silent thank you and a goodbye, before walking out of her bedroom.

They walked a few more steps down the hallway and stopped outside of a door. They could hear voices talking back and forth and knew that this is where they were headed. Autumn looked at Savannah nervously and bit her lip. Savannah let out a light chuckle and finally decided to knock on the door in front of them. At once, the chatter on the other side of the door had ceased and the door opened, the twins now standing in front of them. Fred and George looked at each other, saying the girls' names at the same time. The girls smiled as they waited to walk inside. Fred moved to the side, inviting them in. "Come on in then, ladies."

The two girls walked into the room and looked around, deciding that this was the kind of room they had expected the twins to have. As they continued to walk around, Fred cleared his throat and George laughed nervously, before turning to Autumn. "Autumn, uh, let me give you a tour of the house, yeah?" Autumn sent a glance to Savannah, who shrugged her shoulders, smirking. Autumn turned back to George and nodded. "Yeah. That would be lovely." George led Autumn out of the room and shut the door behind him, leaving Fred and Savannah by themselves.

Savannah ran a hand through her hair, still partly damp from the rain. She sat on Fred's bed and looked at the various items on the floor, curious as to what they were. She looked up at Fred, a questioning expression on her face. "What are those?" She asked, as she pointed to the things that lay on the floor. Fred smirked. "Those, my dear, are inventions. They're for the joke shop that George and I own. It's called Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes." Savannah thought for a moment and smiled. "I've been there. Last year, once." Fred chuckled and shook his head. "Impossible. I would surely have noticed if a girl as pretty as you was in my store." Savannah smiled and tried to not look flattered, even though she was. Fred continued on. "You went to Hogwarts didn't you?" Savannah nodded. "Of course." Fred shook his head in disbelief. "Why didn't I know you in school?" Savannah chuckled and shrugged her shoulders, looking back up at Fred. "I was with Autumn most of the time. And she liked to stay under the radar." Fred nodded and smiled. "I still can't believe I didn't notice you." She playfully hit him on the shoulder and bit her lip.

"Well, you know me now." Fred nodded. "And I'm glad to say that." Savannah turned around, collapsing on Fred's bed. She placed her arms behind her head and stared up at the ceiling as Fred landed beside her. "So, you live at home?" She didn't look at Fred as she waited for his answer. "No. George and I live in the flat above our shop. But we figured we would stay here for a little to keep Mum company. We'll be heading back soon. You should come see it sometime." Savannah nodded. "I'd love to. Anything to get out of my house. My parents try to act like they aren't scared. But I know that they are. I just want to get out and be free, like it's supposed to be. I don't want to worry anymore." The pair remained quiet and Fred thought about his response. He could clearly hear the pain in her voice as she spoke and he wanted nothing more than to make her feel better. "I won't let anything happen to you, Vanna." She turned to the boy lying next to her and smiled, looking into his dark brown eyes. "You know, Mr. Weasley. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Fred nodded in agreement, staring into the eyes of the pretty girl in front of him. "I believe you are correct, Ms. Morgan." They continued to silently look into each other's eyes for who knows how long.

Deep down Savannah knew she couldn't deny how being with Fred made her feel. In this exact moment, just lying on his bed, she felt like things in the world were back to how they were supposed to be. She felt safe. Being with him just felt so right. She knew in her heart that when he said he wouldn't let anything happen to her, he meant it. She swore to herself that she would promise the same to him. She knew that this was more than just another friendship. And she was more than ready to jump right in.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: love this story.
thank you to all of our readers/commenters/subscribers!

katie and I love you(:
we appreciate the feedback, so keep it coming! <3