Status: in the works!

Let Me Dream, Let Me Stay.

I swear we were infinite.

George gently grabbed Autumn's hand as they reached the loft on the top floor of the Weasley household, and a blush crept across Autumn's cheeks. His hand felt rough and big in her own small and soft ones. “This is the loft,” George said, laying across the carpeted floor, his face about two feet from the ceiling. Autumn crawled in after him, their hands still attached. She gently rested her head against his collarbone, George's thumb gently massaging her hand.

“Your house is beautiful,” Autumn said quietly, not sure whether to smile at him or not. George smiled, looking down at her with his big brown eyes. Autumn, for the first time in her life, wanted nothing more than to press her lips against his, and to just lay in his arms. George sighed, biting his lip and looking deeper into Autumn's eyes.

“I actually live with Fred in the flat above our shop, but we're staying here with Mum and Ginny. My mum really just can't handle being here without Ron, and Ginny can hardly stand the constant danger of the Death Eaters coming again,” George said, his collarbones vibrating with each word he spoke. “They really shook her up last time, though she won't act like it,” George said quietly, and Autumn shallowed, nodding.

“It's hard, you know,” Autumn said. “Everyone is so afraid, and desperate to keep me safe, when I'd like nothing more than to be in the thick of it all, saving people and making things better again,” She said quietly.

“Like Ron,” George said quietly, and Autumn nodded, sighing deeply into George's strong chest. For a moment, they were silent, just laying there and enjoying each other's company, when George sniggered. “I wonder what Fred and Vanna are doing right now,” He said, chuckling. Autumn gave a quiet laugh.

“Probably doing what Vanna does best,” Autumn said, tugging on the sleeves of her yellow sweatshirt, shivering a bit in the cool loft, just below the attic. “Flirting hardcore, or hexing him,” Autumn teased, and George smiled, before putting on a more sheepish grin.

“Can I show you something?” George asked, and Autumn smiled widely, nodding and scooting out of the loft, George following and gently putting his hand back inside Autumn's, leading her back down the stairs and out into the garden, where he led Autumn towards a flower bed, moving his hand to her hip. Autumn gasped, remembering these flowers from the greenhouses at Hogwarts. She bent to gently touch them, careful of the fangs. She looked up at George.

“Where did you get these?” She asked, gently touching the petals of the flower, and straightening, leaning back into George, who leaned his head on her head before shrugging, smiling brightly.

“I don't know, but I knew you'd like them,” George said. “One time, I heard Professor Sprout talking about some girl named Autumn Warner who loved these, back in third year,” George said, looking down on her and ignoring the dark skies and the rain as it poured down on them. Autumn felt butterflies in her stomach and chills across her soaking wet skin, her hair damp against her blushing cheeks.

“You remembered that, from almost six years ago?” Autumn asked quietly, and George nodded. She breathed out slightly, and bit her lip. “But you didn't even know me then,” She said quietly, and George shrugged, biting his own lip.

“That doesn't matter,” George said, sitting down on the soaking wet grass and pulling the soaking wet Autumn down next to him. “Since I know you now,” George finished breathlessly, and Autumn giggled, tying her hair back quickly in a side braid. “Well, Autumn, you forgot to do my hair,” George whined, instantly going back to the joking person he was normally, instead of being all mushy and gushy. Autumn giggled again.

“Come here,” She said, and George scooted over and let Autumn run her fingers through his hair, pushing back the signature red hair away from his face, twirling bits of it and braiding other parts of it. George would laugh, and then Autumn would laugh. They had been doing that for awhile before George saw his mum standing in the window, looking on the verge of happy tears.

Maybe it was the fact that her son was happy, and was laughing and smiling in a time where it was becoming scarce, or maybe it was the fact that her son had found a beautiful girl who was the type of girl Molly always wanted for him. But whatever the reason, George said nothing, helping Autumn up off the grass and gently kissing her cheek, before leading her back inside to help her dry off, winking at his mum.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, i love how awkward George and Autumn are, I just think it's so cute. And kind of fitting as well, since Autumn grew up in Vanna's loud shadow. But not to worry, the drama is about to begin.

thanks for the comments guys, we're glad you like it just as much as we do.