Damaged

Tony

Nobody escapes my wrath. You look innocent, but you aren't. I'm trying to rid the world of you. Your family is mercy killing. I am saving them. From you. For your sake, I hope I never know what you do to them.

If it helps, I'll tell you the first people I ever killed. My own family. It didn't take much effort; they never expected it. Especially him. He never thought that his son could turn on him. And she always just watched. She might as well have grabbed the knife and stabbed me herself, that time.

It was when I snapped, really. When he stabbed me. I knew that eventually he would kill me. I had to kill him to save myself. I never thought that she would try to save him. She shouldn't have done that. You can stand by and watch your husband beat your son time after time. But when he finally fights back, you stop your child?

I was the first child of domestic violence I saved. The next few got credited to another killer. Then again, it helped when he admitted to them. Stupid fool, thought he would get away, just because of admittance. Yes, I think of myself as a killer. And a savior. I choose who lives and dies. In a way, I'm much like God. Except, I actually save people.

The first children I saved, who didn't get credited to another, were the Harper children: Camille and Michael, 7 and 5 at the time (respectively). Nobody thought that a senator could treat his wife and children the way he did. But I knew.

Dear little Cami told me at the park. She told me everything. Everything he did. Every place her daddy touched her. I had to save them. So I did.

To the knowledge of the authorities, up till now, Camille and Michael are still missing and assumed to be dead. To my knowledge, both Cami and Mikey are alive and well, thanks to yours truly.

I've saved plenty others since then, but none strike me as much as Cami and Mikey.
I'll continue to save the children everyone else ignores.
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously this is from Tony's point of view.