Status: New co-write! You should comment :) <3

Hidden

Chapter 11: James/Messages

"Yes! There are too many things about that James and my James that are the same for them NOT to be one person. What am I going to do?!" the short blonde girl threw her hands into the air as I walked out of the classroom. I stopped in my tracks and pulled an earphone out of my ear as she continued with Rina about telling me that she's my Melody. I saw Rina staring at me after Melody asked her how she should tell me. She turned around slowly, and her eyes caught mine.

I laughed a little to myself as I saw the look in Melody's eyes. It was a look somewhere between horror, surprise and excitement. I knew she was
my Melody, and although I felt inside how she looked on the outside, I was reveling in the moment too much to much to care.

"Uhh..." she fumbled over her words. "Hi...?" I grinned a little bigger.

"Well this is awkward," Rina said.

"I uhh," she cleared her throat. "I gotta go... My mom's waiting for me." Before I could say anything, she turned and ran away. She was surprisingly quick for someone so small.

"She'll be fine," Rina said. "She get's nervous easily." I raised an eyebrow. "Well, bye!" she said, and she ran off after Melody. I glanced around, slightly confused. No one seemed to be paying any attention to me, so I put my music back in and started walking.


Hey Mel, you alright?

About ten minutes later, I turned on to my street and walked into the complex. I glanced to the left and saw someone on a bike riding out of the complex. As the figure drew closer, I recognized him - Dominic. He glanced back at me and turned his head away quickly. I noticed several cuts and bruises on his face, along with the burn under his eye. I turned my head and kept walking, keeping my thoughts to myself.

I walked in the door, dropped my backpack on the couch, and took out my cell phone. Still no new texts. I sat down and started on my math homework. Then, my phone went off.

_______________________________________________________________________

M: Yeahh. Sorry about that, I was nervous n I didn't know what to sayyyy.

J: It's okay. So... What'd you think of me?

M: Umm, I think you have pretty eyes and that you're kinda cute. What do you think of me?

J: You're really pretty :D and kinda short lol but that's okay

M: :) thank youuu. And yeahh lol. My parents aren't that tall.

J: Mhm :) haha nice :P. Do you think Math will be awkward now?

M: Idkay, maybe. I think the best way to avoid an awkward situation is to pretent it's not awkward, soo...

J: Soo, what do you think we should do?

M: what do you mean?

J: Do we just start acting like a normal couple? Or do we pretend like nothing happened and just keep to ourselves?

M: I.. I don't know. My mom doesn't even know that I have a boyfriend and I wouldn't want her to hear it from someone else, ya know? I don't want to tell her just yet though. Maybe we could like, try to be a secret couple? Rina's the only one who knows other than us.

J: Ahh. I get that. I don't wanna be a secret couple for too long though... ya know? And she seemed pretty talkative in math today... You're sure she won't tell anyone?

M: Yeah, I know she won't. She's kind of like me in the way that she can talk about everything without revealing anything. Even the tiniest things can make conversation but the important things are kept close to our hearts. Yeah. I'll tell her, but.. just not now.

J: Gotcha. If you trust her, I trust her. Alright then. Do you still think we can work? Like, as a couple?

M: Mmkayyyy. Idk. I mean, I like you and we seem to get along fine and like some of the same stuff. I guess anything can happen, and I've never been in a real relationship before so I wouldn't really know about anything.

J: Alright, we can try. Do you think we could ever like hang out after school or something?

M: Yeahhh. I usually don't leave until like 3 or 3:30 anyways.

J: Will you meet me in the courtyard by the soda machine tomorrow after school?

M: Yeahhh, I can do that. Are just going to like, hang out n stuff?

J: Umm, idk. I'd like to have a real face to face conversation with my girlfriend though lol

M: Wellll, we kinda sorta had one today in math?

J: Not really, plus you kinda left before anything interesting happened :P

M: Yeahhh :p. Sorry about that, I guess.

J: It's alright lol :P. Why did you run away after class?

M: Uhh, because I.. kinda.. didn't really want to face you I guess? I had a freak out and didn't want you to be like "what the fuck is that girl doing, why is she slapping herself?" or something like that.

J: THAT would have made my day :P but I understand that... Did I really make you htat nervous/anxious/whatever?

M: idk.. I guess it wasn't entirely you, that's just how I am sometimes. I freak. Sometimes I can manage to hold it in and keep a straight face if I have to, but I don't like to do that if I can help it.

J: I see. Well, that makes sense. I've got some chores to do, I'll text you later

M: mmkayy. Laterrr
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wanted to do something a little different with this chapter, and since texting is how James and Melody mostly communicate, I thought it would be a good idea to have a chapter with them doing mostly that. Should there be more chapters like this, or never again? Let us know in the comments!

~DMAN4219