Bouncing up and Down

1/1

Jumping up and down on the bed, Frank bounced higher and higher. He was laughing and his face with full of glee.

On the other side of the room, Gerard was sitting at his desk with his hair at end. He was holding a pencil in his right hand while his left hand was supporting his jaw. He thudded the pencil against the blank page and nearly cried out in frustration. No matter how hard he tried, no artistic inspiration came to mind. His boyfriend’s childish antics weren’t helping matters much either. Gritting his teeth, he looked at the alarm clock and sighed. It was twenty minutes passed midnight. Having no clue why he was up, he turned the desk’s lamp off and got up from his chair.

“Why’d you turn the light off Gee?” Frank asked, still bouncing as if he were on a trampoline.

“It’s already past midnight,” Gerard replied. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand and walked to the bed. He stopped and stared at Frank. “Seriously?”

“What?”

“You’re not going to reach the top of the ceiling if that’s’ what you’re going for,” Gerard said in a sarcastic voice. “You’re somewhat lacking in the height department last time I checked.”

Frank soon ceased and landed on the bed with a loud thump. “Way to be a downer.” Gerard shrugged his shoulders. “Neither of us even has to go to work tomorrow so what’s the hurry?”

“There’s no hurry,” Gerard said. He was starting to get irritated and all he wanted was sleep.

Frank hopped off the bed and walked over to his drawer. He pulled out a pair of plaid pajama pants. He then took of his jeans and traded them for his pajamas. “You’re acting like an old man.”

“Well I am older than you,” Gerard said as he pulled down the covers and climbed in bed, not even waiting for Frank. He then pulled the navy covers over him and rested his head on his pillow.

“Only by four years Gee,” Frank said as he walked over to the bed. Instead of getting underneath the covers, he simply got on the bed and sat with his legs crossed. He hazel eyes bore into Gerard’s. “I’m not even sleepy!”

“Maybe because you were bouncing on the bed for an hour straight?”

“Not really. I think I’m just a hyper person in general.”

Gerard resisted the urge to roll his eyes. It had taken Frank eighteen years to realize that? But instead of saying something sardonic, Gerard bit his tongue and patted the pillow next to him. “Come on Frankie. The sooner you lay down the sooner you’ll be waking up. I’ll make a deal with you if you want.”

Frank’s perfectly arched eyebrows shot up. “What is it?”

“I’ll take you to that zoo you’ve wanted to go to for a while.”

Frank clasped his hands together and squealed. But before he said anything, he quickly climbed underneath the covers and hugged Gerard. “Oh Gee! That would be totally awesome. Do you really mean it?”

Gerard nodded his head. “Would I lie to you? Of course not baby. Just get some sleep and we’ll be there before you know it,” he finished with a yawn.

Frank smiled against Gerard’s chest. “Okay Gee. I’ll try and get some sleep. I love you.”

“I love you too Frankie, I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel the need to say that Frank looks like this in the story. Think of Gerard's hair like it was in The Black Parade is Dead! :)

I'm seriously considering making a sequel of this where they are at the zoo...