Status: Finished with a Possibility of a Sequel!

Lochwood Estate (A Romance Unearthed)

"Stay."

Katie's POV


"Andy?" A voice rose from the darkness. And if I hadn't been bracing myself, oh I would definitely have screamed. Can dead people scream? I guess this isn't a good time to test that theory so I'll do it later. "Andy" rushed ahead of me.

"Seraphina." He mumbled, and kissed the hand that was held out before him in the light which was dim. Why was it so dark in here anyway? Focus, Katie, focus.

So his name was Andy. Not such a bad name, although it was very different from the name "John"...

"Who have you brought? The raspy voice of the woman named Seraphina gave me goose bumps. She stated that more than asked it. Suddenly, the woman stood up, revealing her face in the glow. The candles made her skin look wooden. Unless perhaps she was carved of wood. I highly doubt that though... She wore a scarf on her head which, when you look harder, looks more like a bandana with golden coins hanging from it.

I looked around awkwardly, half waiting for Andy to answer for me. When I realized he wouldn't, I introduced myself.

"Katie." I offered, holding out my hand for her to shake. She ignored it. She held her hand out, palm down. Andy motioned for me. I did the same as he did before, and leaned over to kiss her hand.

"Take a seat." I did. "Why are you here, Katie?"

"That's what I would like to know." I said, shooting a glance at Andy who was fiddling with a ring on his middle finger, clearly impatient.

"What would you like to know?" Seraphina asked, her voice becoming playful even in her age. This was clearly going to become a word game. Thank God I passed English senior year.

"Where am I."

"You are here." She said simply.

"Where am I on the earth?"

"Far from home."

"How far?" I asked.

"Far enough that nobody can reach you, only in thought." I thought for a moment.

"Am I in a different realm?" I stated, copying her monotone. And in all seriousness, she winked. Just like that. Like a young woman my age at a club, winking at a man across the room.

"Now you're catching on."

"I am dead."

"Yes." At a loss for the correct words, I fumbled my game.

"How dead?" I heard Andy chuckle, and I'm sure that if I could, I would blush. Seraphina's face stayed serious.

"Beyond resurrection." Just the answer I was looking for.

"How was I killed?" I copied another tone of hers, the one that made he sound like she stated more than asked. Right? Well, best I could, anyway.

"I cannot tell you." I was ready to test out that little screaming theory of mine. I kept my cool, Andy was right behind me now. Wait, why did I feel the need to impress him?

"Why not?" I questioned. Andy put his hands on my shoulders from behind me. I stiffened.

"It is not time." Andy purred into my ear.

"Do not tell her such things!" The woman snapped. Andy's grip on my shoulder's tightened for a second, a very, very stiff second, then released and moved inwards a bit more towards the crook of my neck. What was this man doing to me? Not fair.

I looked back at Seraphina, hoping she could tell me what Andy couldn't.

"If you can't 'tell' me...will you show me?" I questioned, hoping Mrs.Gertuwtz had taught me well in class. Seraphina smiled a toothless smile. She opened her mouth to say something when Andy cut her off.

"No. She's not ready." His hands tightened, but not uncomfortably. In fact, the way his hands moved on my neck/shoulder area felt like he was massaging me. I wonder if they taught him that in medical school.

"How would you know, Andy? Is it because you were not?" Seraphina hissed sharply. Andy's hands froze and dropped to his sides. Seraphina looked back to me. "Come." She said. I shifted myself to get up, when Andy's hands forced me back onto the chair.

"Stay." He commanded.

"She is not your dog, Andrew. Let her go." His grip only tightened. He leaned down to my ear.

"Katie," His voice cooed softly, "You don't want to go. You can't handle this yet." I forced myself out of the chair.

"Yes I can, actually. I may be broken and distraught, Andy, but I know what I want." I hissed. I felt remorse after, but walked towards Seraphina.

"Then we shall go."

Andy walked into the opposite direction, back towards the door we came through. Seraphina lead me through a curtain. I peeked behind me, suddenly unsure of my decision. But much to my own dismay...

Andy had disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for my lack of update...-____- I've been lazy. ahaha.< 3