Sequel: Lean On Me
Status: Please re-read chapter 29; The Battle Begin's, I have changed a few things....PLEASE RE-READ CHAPTER 29.

Till the End of the Road.

Lord Voldemort

Chapter Thirty-One

Erin followed Wood down many stairs before getting back to the main floor, Just then Neville came around, looking tired.

“Go on ahead, I’ve got to help, Neville” said Wood. Erin resentfully listened to Wood and went a bit further down the hall to find the Great Hall, her heart gave a lurch for as soon as she walked in she saw them laying there, dead, fresh, hot tears started to form in her eyes as she froze and looked at them, they lay next to each other, it could be that they were only sleeping, but they weren’t…. if only they were.

Suddenly, as Erin stood there and cried to felt two arms wrap around her, she looked up to see the face of Fred Weasley, he looked mournful and much different then she remembered, he looked the same, but there was something different about him. He pulled her away from the dead and over to where all the Weasley’s were standing, Mrs. Weasley was kneeled on the floor crying over someone while Mr. Weasley rubbed her back, trying to sooth her. Erin looked down at the person lying on the floor to see it was Charlie Weasley, she gulped hard, Erin had never really knew Charlie, he tamed dragon’s for a living and was never at the Burrow, the only time she had ever seen him was at Bill and Fleur’s wedding, he was the best man. She has almost forgotten that Fred had his arms around her shoulders, and normally she wouldn’t be caught dead in such a fashion with Fred, but at the given time she didn’t care, he was comforting, she wrapped her arms around his middle and he hugged her closer to him, as they both watched in sadness as the family mourned the loss of one of their brothers and son.

“NO!”

Suddenly someone screamed and everyone in the Great Hall looked up to see who it was, it seemed to happen so fast, everyone got up, who could, and rushed to the Entrance Hall and out the big door.

“No.”

“NO!”

“Harry! HARRY!”

It was an uproar of noise, Erin couldn’t see nor understand what was happening. Fred who had been by her side was now no-where to be found. Erin pushed her way through students and other fighters to find George; he grabbed her hand and pulled her to where the other Weasley’s were standing, Fred rushed over to his twin and Erin and they switched, Fred took her hand whilst George stood next to Fred, looking shocked.

“SILENCE!”

Someone shouted and Fred’s grip got tighter on Erin’s hand, they both looked ahead to see a tall, pale man, with no nose and huge Snake, this was no doubt Lord Voldemort. A bright white light was flashed and everything went quit.

“It’s over! Set him, Hagrid, down at my feet, where he belongs.”

Erin didn’t understand what Voldemort had meant until the huge Games Keeper, Hagrid, who was crying quite a bit, set a body down on the ground.

“You see?” sneered Voldemort as he walked around Harry Potter’s lifeless body. “Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded one’s? He was nothing, ever but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!”

“He beat you!” yelled Ron, Erin looked over at him, where he stood next to Hermione, who looked horrified, and suddenly there more outrage as students and teachers and fighters all began to yell again. But then there was another loud bang and flash, this one more powerful than the last and there were voices no more.

“He was killed while trying to sneak out of the chaste grounds,” sneered Voldemort, looking almost delighted to share the story. “Killed while trying to save himself….”

But suddenly another bang was heard and Neville Longbottom broke from the group of fighters and charged Voldemort, Voldemort raised his wand almost lazily and hit Neville with a spell that sent the poor boy to the floor, groaning in pain.

“And who is this?” Voldemort asked, in his snake like hiss, soft voice. “Who has volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?”

“It’s Neville Longbottom, my Lord,” said Bellatrix Lestrange, in a sweet voice that was not her own. “The boy who has been giving the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Auror’s, remember?”

“Ah, yes, I remember,” said Voldemort as he watched Neville stagger to his feet, wandless. “But you’re a Pureblood, aren’t you, my brave boy?”

“So what if I am?” shouted Neville, loudly.

“You show spirit and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom.”

“I’ll join you when hell freezes over!” Neville shouted. “Dumbledore’s army!”

Suddenly everyone around Erin was shouting and cheering Neville on, Erin didn’t know what he had meant by ‘Dumbledore’s Army,’ but she reckoned he had said something good for everyone to respond the way they were.

“Very well” Voldemort said, sounding dangerous. “If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head…be it.”

Erin once again was confused, but suddenly there was a loud crack, something had broken through one of the castle windows, it looked almost as if it was a misshaped bird, it came to be in Voldemort’s hands and he raised it up, Erin now could see that it was a hat, a rather old hat.

“There will be no more sorting at Hogwarts School, there will be no more Houses” yelled Voldemort. “The emblem shield and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone, won’t they, Neville Longbottom?”

Voldemort pointed his wand at Neville and the poor boy went rigid, Voldemort then placed the hat on his head.

“Neville here, is going to demonstrate what happens to anyone foolish enough to continue to oppose me,” said Voldemort and with a flick of his wand the hat upon Neville’s head burst into flames. Suddenly many things happen at once. They heard an uproar from the distant boundary of the school as what sounded like hundreds of people came swarming. A huge giant then came from around the castle and yelled out

“Hagger!”

Only to be charged by several other huge giants. Then suddenly there were hove sounds and shouts announcing their arrival. And in a sudden and swift move Neville broke free of his body-bind course and the burning hat fell from his head something silver sticking out from the hat, Erin wanted to shout at Neville not to touch it as he slowly bent down to pick it up, but she didn’t and he pulled a sword from the flaming hat, suddenly Erin watched as Neville looked up, at the giant Snake that was slithering next to Voldemort. Neville had a beam in his eyes as he suddenly went after the snake and with one swish of the silver sword the snake’s head was sliced off and flew through the air with a silent, slow-motion roll. Every eye was on Neville now, Lord Voldemort screamed out in a furry. Then through the screams and yells, a voice was heard.

“Harry...Harry!” shouted Hagrid. “Where’s Harry?”

Chaos over took the grounds as horse-men charged Death Eaters and giants fought with each other, people were fleeing every which way. Suddenly in the sky there was a bird like beast swooping down, Erin’s heart lifted as she saw the Hippogriff Buckbeak land on the ground. She ran over to him and he backed up a bit, looking angrily at her. She stopped abruptly and bowed down. He looked almost enlightened to see this and kicked the ground with his hooves coming up to her, she straightened up again and patted his beak, she was near tears now, it was as if a piece of Sirius was with her again, it might be just a Hippogriff but it meant a lot to her. She walked back towards the castle and the Beast fallowed her, as if he was a person. People were running around now, the battle had started again, a man in black came up to Erin and quickly grabbed her arm. Making Erin scream out in fright.

“Shut up, Mudblood… I’ve got one….

Buckbeak suddenly jumped up on his back legs and charged the man. The man fell to the ground and Buckbeak stomped on him. Erin smirked over at the bird and patted his beak again.

“Good job, Buck, good job”
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of like this chapter...its hard putting parts of the book in here but I did it.....tell me what you think, 2 comments and I'll post again!