Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

therapist;

“So how have you been Mr. Sawyers?” the doctor asked. Her name was Doctor Emma Carmen, and she had just introduced herself to be Scott’s new doctor concerning his mental health. Basically she was his therapist.

“Where’s Dr. Roberts?” Scott found himself asking as he sat uncomfortably on the leather chair. When he shifted slightly, it squeaked loudly. Bee was sitting next to him, in the same type of chair, looking nervous.

“Dr. Roberts is a doctor at the hospital Mr. Sawyers. I’m your new doctor now.” Dr. Carmen replied smoothly, holding out a pale hand. She seemed nice, Bee thought. Dr. Carmen had bright red hair, with a hint of orange and it was long, going way past her shoulders. It was wavy too, and tied back loosely in a plait. She had nice blue eyes, kind looking, and a few freckles on her nose.

"Oh.” Scott replied stiffly. He didn’t like her. She looked too….nice. He shook her hand loosely and regained his previous position.
“My rule is that there should be no formalities between us. This is a safe, personal environment so please call me Emma.” Emma said calmly. Scott bit back a rude reply and smiled stiffly. Bee decided to take the reigns as the tension grew between them.
“Hello, I’m Bee…Scott’s wife.” She introduced leaning forward shaking Emma’s hand who smiled warmly at her.

"Pleasure to meet you Bee.” Emma said. Scott wanted to scoff, but didn’t.
“So Scott, are you alright with this arrangement?” Emma asked, referring to Bee being in the room. This was after all a patient-doctor appointment. Scott glared at her slightly.
“She stays” is all he said in reply. Emma nodded and wrote something down and Scott was desperate to ask what she was doing.
“How long has it been since the accident now?” Emma asked curiously, she knew this information she just wanted to hear it off Scott.
“Seven weeks.” He replied curtly, glancing at Bee who stayed silent.
“Have you been experiencing any internal pain?” Emma asked.
“Apart from my leg and the headaches…” Scott answered.
“Have you been using your medication regularly?”
“Yes.”

Emma nodded and wrote something else down.
“Now Scott, do you know what our appointments will be about?”
“The fact I’ve forgotten almost half my life. I don’t remember being married or even meeting Bee…I’ve forgotten m last years of high school, my years of college and I don’t even know if I had a job-” Scott ranted.
“You were a journalist.” Bee interrupted suddenly, she was gazing at the floor when she felt Scott’s eyes on her.
“What?” he asked quietly, his fists clenching.
“You were a journalist for The News Keeper, you loved writing about politics and occasionally sports. Your boss is called Robert Jones but you often called him Bobby, you loved your job.” Bee listed off from her memory and she found herself half smiling.

Remembering the times Scott would come home all excited because he had a new briefing, and Bobby had been praising him. Scott adored writing about the world’s government. He was especially passionate about the topic of anti-war. Scott disagreed with war, he felt there was no need and if politicians and leaders did their jobs properly and fairly, then violence wouldn’t be needed and lives wouldn’t need to be lost. Nonetheless, Scott was proud of the people that went to war, but he promised Bee a long time ago that he’d never join, because he told her: “I’d never be able to face the world without you”.
Scott watched as Bee looked distant, lost in her thoughts. He couldn’t help but feel some sort of tingling familiarity in his stomach.

“So Scott, care to tell me what you can remember?” Emma asked and Scott hesitated before speaking. It took him time, but he told the basis of his life. That his name was Scott Derrick Sawyers, and as far as he was concerned he was twenty five years old and he is married to his childhood sweetheart. His father is Derrick and his mother is Leanne and he has a younger sister called Casey. He can play the piano and he use to play football. He used to have a best friend called Leo, but Bee had informed him that Leo had moved away a long time ago. He recalled some family holidays to Disney Land and some old family members that had passed and he did miss. He recalled what he could remember of the accident. It was little.

“So what do you remember of that night?” Emma asked, re-crossing her legs. Bee tensed up and listened carefully to what he had to say.
Scott shrugged “The doctors told me I had drove drunk….”

“Why?”

“Um…Emma?” Bee said suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

“Yes Bee?”

“I don’t think Scott will remember why he drove drunk because it concerns me. We had an
argument that night and Scott left the house angry, he didn’t come home and I got a call from the hospital saying they had found him crashed into a tree.” Bee said quietly, wincing almost.

“What were you arguing about?” Emma asked, and watched carefully as Bee visibly closed up. Scott looked at his ‘wife’. His own curiosity getting to him. He couldn’t remember why they had argued and why he had left the house so angrily.
“I think that’s enough for today.” Bee whispered, and got up and mumbled to Scott she would wait outside and quickly saying goodbye, rushing out the room.
Scott watched her leave and turned back to Emma.
“Thanks for your help.” He said slightly sarcastically and got up and also left, to go find Bee.
--
Scott and Bee returned home without another word of what had happened in Emma’s office. When they got home, Bee checked the messages and it was from Dr. Roberts telling her that Scott should come in next week to get his cast off, seeing as it would then be eight weeks and the bone should be healed.
Mentally remembering to write that down somewhere, Bee deleted the message and went to go make a coffee.

“Want a drink?” Bee called to Scott who was lying on the sofa.

“Um…yeah please” he mumbled and closed his eyes. He felt so exhausted and he had hardly done anything today. A few minutes later and Bee arrived with the drinks, and placed his cup on the coffee table.

“So I was thinking, tomorrow perhaps me and you could go out?” Bee said meekly, worried at how Scott might react. His medication tended to give him mood swings and she hated causing them. Scott opened his eyes and looked at her softly. Why hadn’t he noticed how lonely she looked?

He took in her appearance, her eyes looked darker underneath. She hadn’t been sleeping, he could tell as he was often kicked whenever she rolled around. Her hair was in loose waves around her face and she kept playing with it an tucking it behind her ears. She looked so sad.

“Where we going to go?” Scott asked, and Bee half-smiled.

“A trip down memory lane.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter, I'm sorry for delaying so much. I've been busy and stuff.
Anyways I've got like maybe half a chapter pre-written, I've just got to finish it soon. I won't be able to post much up tomorrow I don't think...we'll see how the day goes :)

Anyways Thank you to all those who have subscribed, I really appreciate it. A quick plea, if you could comment that would be great also. I'd love to get feedback :)

Thanks! <3