Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

memory lane;

“Okay, so tell me again why we’re here?” Scott asked uncertain as they stood in front of the black gate reading:

St. Jude’s Park

“Just come on.” Bee murmured and pushed the wheelchair forward. They had stopped by the hospital that morning and asked Dr. Roberts if they could borrow a wheelchair, to save Scott from hobbling around. Happy that Scott was even agreeing to going out with Bee on his own accord, Dr. Roberts granted the access.

Scott fidgeted slightly in his seat and glanced behind him to see Bee with a determined look on her face. The park was beautiful; it had lovely lush green grass, and what seemed trees darted in chosen places. There a large pond, almost a lake type thing too, and it was often where little kids went to feed the ducks. There was also a children’s play area that even Teens tended to play on. There was an ice-cream truck and a burger stand and a candy stand too. Often a popular area with kids also.

Bee seemed to be searching for something in particular, and it wasn’t till they were clearly deep into the park, where Bee went off the sandstone gravel pathway, up a small bank to the faraway tree. Bee struggled slightly, without her noticing, Scott helped out and they were soon what seemed a small hill that gave a beautiful view of the lake.

“This is it?” Scott asked, slightly disappointed.

“See this tree?” Bee said, smiling at it. Scott’s eyes wandered to the large blossom tree in front of him. It had a thick trunk, and even a few patches of bark missing, and carvings had been made in it.

“Hmm.” Scott said, looking it over again.

“You proposed to me here…right in this spot.” Bee said, taking one more step forward nearer the tree. She closed her eyes and Scott watched her, almost fascinated. She looked better today, almost refreshed. Her hair looked blonder and fell in curls down her shoulders, swaying slightly in the wind. She was wearing a cute summer dress that reached her knees.

“I did?” Scott asked finally, looking at the scene. It did seem the perfect place to ask for her hand in marriage. If only he could remember it.

“Bee, can you tell me how I did it?” he asked hopefully, and Bee’s eyes opened and she grinned, a real, true, beautiful smile.

“I’d love to.” She said happily. She spun around and walked around the tree, as if she was reliving the memory.

“We’d been out to dinner. I was twenty, you were twenty two. You’d just got the job at The News Keeper. I was preparing plans for my own salon. Things were great. It was dark, the stars were out and you wanted to come for a stroll. So you took my hand and held it tight as we walked through this park. Then we came to this tree, and you told me it was special. I laughed, disbelieving you but I asked you what you meant…” Bee said, smiling to herself.

“You said it was where our lives were going to change. Then you kissed me, and I remember thinking I couldn’t love you more than I do now. You lowered to your knee and in your pocket, you got out this box, it was a red velvet box. My heart was racing…and I could see you were so nervous.” Bee said, giggling slightly. Scott closed his eyes, wishing he could picture it in his mind, but all it was…was blank.

“You opened the box, and it was such a beautiful ring. You told me how much you loved me. How you wanted to spend the rest of your life with me, how you wanted to have babies and grow old with me…you asked me to marry and without a hint of hesitation I said yes. I was so happy.” Bee sighed happily, remembering that night. The kisses, and the night they made love all night. The next day, he had booked the day off work and they both stayed in bed all day, celebrating their engagement.

“How long were we engaged?” Scott asked and Bee smiled sadly.

“14 months” she murmured and stepped closer to Scott impulsively.

“Can I see the church?” he asked, and she nodded and went behind him and wheeled him slowly back to the pathway in a comfortable silence.
The church was about an hour away from the city. Bee drove and Scott sat and wondered how he could forget such an important part of his life. The church was settled in a more countryside area. It was a beautiful, rustic looking church. It had a painted glass window of Jesus on the Cross. It had huge arch doors that creaked when they opened and the floor was all terracotta tiles. The pews were a dark wooden furnish.

The church was quiet; only one or two people were there excluding Bee and Scott. They were praying for their loved ones. The smell of wood lingered in the air, as Bee wheeled Scott down the aisle that she herself had walked down two years ago.

“The pews were draped with white material and beautiful red and cream roses…” Bee said as they walked past. Scott smiled slightly as he listened to her. She clearly enjoyed reminiscing about their lives together.

“Our Vicar was called Jeremy. He died last year; he was such a nice man. He said that we were adorable together. You stood up here, and you’re best man was Leo, Casey was my maid of honor and they wore deep red dresses. She looked beautiful.” Bee continued as they reached the front.

“ I walked up the aisle and our first song for the church was : All Things Bright and Beautiful…I remember you got really nervous, you don’t like singing.” Bee said and Scott looked at her surprised.
“I don’t?” he asked, surprised.

“Nope, you always use to joke that a strangled cat sounded better then you.” Bee said, giggling and Scott himself laughed slightly. That was most likely true.
“What happened then? Did we have a party?” Scott asked, finding himself feeling more intrigued of his wedding day.

“We did. It was at this huge hall, there were music, dancing, food and booze. We left the church in a carriage, and as you know our first wedding dance was Memories Are Made of This.” Bee finished and Scott smiled.

“I wish I could remember it. It sounds…incredible.” Scott said, almost dreamily. Bee nodded, feeling sad again. She wished he could remember it too.

“I could show you the video when we get home if you want?” she offered kindly.

“I’d like that.” Scott said gently. He wheeled himself near to the podium and looked at it carefully. He had no recollection of it. Nor could he remember ever being in this church, apart from now.

“Scott?” Bee said from behind him. Slowly, and carefully Scott turned himself around.

“Yeah?” he replied softly.

“Thanks.” She whispered a faint smile on her lips.

“What for?” Scott asked gently, and Bee leaned down to his eyes level.

“For trying to remember….and wanting to know about our past.” Bee murmured. She pecked his cheek and Scott felt a tiny tingling sensation through his right cheek.
--

Bee was dancing in the kitchen when Scott found her. It was that same evening and Bee was preparing dinner. She seemed lighter, as she skipped from either sides of the kitchen. She twirled and grabbed what looked like herbs and continued to prepare the sauce that smelled lovely and was bubbling nicely on the stove. The radio was playing a country song, and Bee was bobbing her hips and smiling to herself. She looked so…
“You’re beautiful.” He suddenly blurted out and he didn’t quite understand why he did it. Bee jumped, slightly startled. She was still smiling though.
“Thanks” she murmured and Scott found his stomach churning.
“Um…how long’s dinner?” he asked, quickly wanted to change the subject.
“About half an hour. If you want, I could put the video on.” Bee offered, Scott nodded and so he soon found himself watching his wedding video and even then he couldn’t remember of it. But it was nice to watch it, to see how happy he was, to see how beautiful Bee looked and to see friends and family with them.
In a way, it was added proof that they were in fact married and it appeared Scott at the time was extremely happy to get married. So he shouldn’t have any objection now. Should he?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but it's a filler anyways :)
Just some background information on their wedding and stuff.
I've got a great plan now for the rest of the story and I can't wait to write it!

Thank you to my commenters, they mean a lot :)
Please feel free to share you're opinion and don't be a silent reader! <3